HELP! Changing TSB formations WITHOUT Changing positions?

QB or not QB

Working with the original 28-team TSB rom and TSB Tool Supreme to convert several teams from 2RB-2WR-1TE to 1RB-3WR-1TE and 1RB-4WR iin order to better reflect their style of play at that time period. 

Take the Buffalo Bills for example...  I want Davis at RB2 in order to make sure he gets carries if Thomas gets injured, but how can I have him on the bench with the other RBs? I also want WR3 Beebe starting at that slot wideout position as the default, and if he gets injured the computer to sub another WR there, not another RB.   

NOT THIS:
jnpsWLk.png 

YES THIS:

6qkBExl.png

I know I can just re-position Beebe as RB2 and it'll work fine, but I don't want to make him an RB.

Is there an easy way to keep RB2 as the first RB on the bench, and force the WR3 to be placed as a starting slot receiver?

I'm not wanting receivers to show up as running backs and vice-versa. 

Having used the forum search, I know this is do-able through hex edit, but I am hopeless at that. Usually end up screwing up the rom. I'm hoping there's a way to do this using a TSB tool. 

My apologies if this has already been answered numerous times. I tried to search the threads but couldn't find the answer. 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by QB or not QB

On 2/7/2020 at 5:00 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

You might have seen this thread already, but if not, the last page might be helpful for you.

That fixed it! Thanks so much! 

While I was aware of that discussion, I neglected to read it all the way through. Totes my bad. But thanks again! Now I've got it all straightened out. Appreciate y'all! 

• 2 months later...

i have a question about formations: What is the strategy for choosing an Offensive Formation? Say you're drafting a team and after the draft, choosing a formation that fits your team. What's the advantage of having the 2RB 2WR 1TE vs 1RB 3WR 1TE vs 1RB 4WR 0TE?

i know the game will place TE as WR if they're in a 1RB 4WR 0TE formation. I guess i'm wondering if it's a strategy for how the computer will sub in backups when simulating COM vs COM games?

thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 10:26 PM, graylikethecolor said:

i have a question about formations: What is the strategy for choosing an Offensive Formation? Say you're drafting a team and after the draft, choosing a formation that fits your team. What's the advantage of having the 2RB 2WR 1TE vs 1RB 3WR 1TE vs 1RB 4WR 0TE?

i know the game will place TE as WR if they're in a 1RB 4WR 0TE formation. I guess i'm wondering if it's a strategy for how the computer will sub in backups when simulating COM vs COM games?

thanks in advance!

Learned a bit about this after simming a COM vs COM league. notably, if your RB1 gets injured, the computer will sub in RB3 in his place.  this wasn't a huge deal for us as most people used a WR in the RB2 slot as a slot receiver.

"What is the strategy for choosing an Offensive Formation?"  there is no real effect other than the cosmetics of the starting lineup screen. every depth chart is exactly the same: same number of QB's, RB's etc. no team is different BUT the rosters are different. you don't even have to draft a TE as the 1RB 4WR 0TE formation exists. you would just draft a ton of WR's and then slot them in your roster as TE's. I guess one angle i haven't researched is if a player is slotted as a TE but plays as a WR will their stats count as TE or WR in the league leaders?