(NES) SBlueman's Tecmo Super Bowl 2019 - Final Edition

SBlueman

SBlueman's Tecmo Super Bowl 2019 - Final Edition

UWzALBb.png

The classic NES sports title, updated for the centennial NFL season! Enjoy this version with the following features:

• Players Rated Using Tecmo Super Bowl's Original Player Rankings
  • Playbooks Edited - Plays Moved To Different Slots, Edited Running Plays, Removed 'bad' plays
  • 38 Hacks Added To Hardtype Versions (21 hacks in Vanilla version)
  • Teams Line Up In Either 3-4, 4-3 Or Nickel Defenses
  • Team Uniforms Edited So Home Team Plays In Primary Uniform (NFC West Glitch And Divisional Matchups Limits This Feature)

A special thanks goes out to all who made this edition possible:

@cxrom, @jstout, @bruddog, @BAD_AL @Yak @Knobbe @xplozv @buck @TheRaja @gojiphen malor @partyman6666 @Lhopital @Ian Jones @BO FB Offtackle Left @Bodom @Gaffney @GRG @rmm1976 @JohnnyLaRue @konForce @keithisgood 

And so many more.....thank you for all the contributions you all have made to this community. Each of you and more had a hand in helping get this project going. Some of you haven't been seen on this site in a while but your insights, notes and comments have gone a long way in fueling this hobby. 

Four Versions Available:
#1 - Vanilla - Hacks Included:

#2 - Hardtype - Hacks Included:

#3 - Hardtype + P2 As Road Team 

#4 - Hardtype + P2 As Road Team + Push/Pull Hack

Details:

Base Rom: Updated 32-team ROM

Editors Used: TSBTool 1.2.0.1, TSB Playbook Editor Beta03, Lunar IPSTranslhextion, TSB Play Editor, yy-chr, Tecmo Endzone Editor

Notes:

You will find the .ips patches used in this edit along with the SET commands used in attached files. Please note that there is also an "optional" set command file which includes the codes for the No Flicker Hack, Road Team Plays As Player 2 Hack and the Push/Pull hack. These all can be added using TSBTool. However, the Push/Pull hack will cause the game to not allow you to edit the NFC West team rosters. So make sure to back up your files before adding that hack. 

Directly no but you helped with numerous discussions on the site that led to knowledge used on this edit. Plus you have helped in the past in private messages. 

Also, just a note to people that I ran countless COM vs COM season simulations and SKP vs SKP simulations and am pretty happy with how the final standings average out. So if sitting back and watching COM vs COM or playing COA vs COM is your thing then enjoy!

• Knobbe pinned this topic
6 hours ago, SBlueman said:

@oilertitanfan found an error with the game. The Chargers and Browns helmets aren't correct. I'll work on updating that tonight.

BTW, any feedback on this version? Let me know what you think people. I can only gauge what needs to be improved from your feedback. Let me know people!

I plan on playing it this weekend, so I will let ya know

SKP to playoffs, and then COM vs COM.

For the COM vs COM games, would you recommend 5 or 6 min quarters for realistic scores?

I usually go to 6 min Qs on Goji ROMs and that seems to be really good.

But some ROMs have more scoring per minute and i need to put the time down so i dont Teams dropping 60

@buffalo_tox, the usual 5 minutes seem to work just fine for me when I was running COM vs COM tests. You won't find games that are 70-60 or anything crazy like that. I think it might help that the game uses player ratings like the original game.

BTW, I have been tinkering with editing the Browns and Chargers helmets. For some reason I can't find where in the hell the blue dots near the earhole on the Chargers mini-helmets are when editing with YY-CHR. Anyone know how to change those from yellow to blue?

TSB 2019 - Final Edition- VANILLA - Copy-screenshot.png

TSB 2019 - Final Edition- VANILLA - Copy.nes

Edited by SBlueman

What's New in Version 1.0.1 

Released Just now

• Updated the Jets mini and large helmet
  • Updated the Browns mini helmet
  • Updated the Chargers mini and large helmets

*Thank you to @oilertitanfan for catching the error and @gojiphen malor for his help with this. The notes from our conversation made the edits a breeze!

TSB 2019 - Final Edition- HARDTYPE - P2 ROAD HACK - PUSH-PULL-HACK-0.png

TSB 2019 - Final Edition- HARDTYPE - P2 ROAD HACK - PUSH-PULL-HACK-2.png

TSB 2019 - Final Edition- HARDTYPE - P2 ROAD HACK - PUSH-PULL-HACK-3.png

TSB 2019 - Final Edition- HARDTYPE - P2 ROAD HACK - PUSH-PULL-HACK-4.png

Edited by SBlueman

On 2/7/2020 at 2:20 PM, buffalo_tox said:

I plan on playing it this weekend, so I will let ya know

SKP to playoffs, and then COM vs COM.

For the COM vs COM games, would you recommend 5 or 6 min quarters for realistic scores?

I usually go to 6 min Qs on Goji ROMs and that seems to be really good.

But some ROMs have more scoring per minute and i need to put the time down so i dont Teams dropping 60

some really exciting games!

10/12 returning playoff teams

the jags somehow made it to the afc champ game and i was rooting for them but they fell to the ravens

a lot of 1 score games and scores ranging from 42-35 , 22-20, and 26-21 etc

only 1 blowout game in all the playoffs

the Superbowl: ravens beat NO.

kudos my dude and thanks for the ROM

@buffalo_tox, thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed my edit! I think the Jaguars made the playoffs maybe twice in over 50 COM vs COM season simulations on my end. Injuries and the usual Tecmo BS can happen to anyone at any time, giving bad teams a glimmer of hope. 

I appreciate the feedback, if anyone else has any comments please feel free to chime in! 

Edited by SBlueman

On 2/21/2020 at 8:54 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Would you be interested in watching me load and play this for the first time live? If so, let me know when you are free. I'll livestream myself looking at the ratings and playbooks of a few teams, then play a week 1 game.

Sure! I've not gotten into the whole live stream phenomenon so I'll need the 101's to figure it all out. But it would be cool to see a breakdown of the game, any feedback is appreciated!

11 hours ago, SBlueman said:

Sure! I've not gotten into the whole live stream phenomenon so I'll need the 101's to figure it all out. But it would be cool to see a breakdown of the game, any feedback is appreciated!

It's pretty simple to watch. If you already have a facebook account, you can watch there. I broadcast to both facebook and Twitch. On facebook my page is called Rodney Rigoli Video Games. Just go to my page at the scheduled time. Then scroll down below the Spotlight videos. When I am live it should be the first video and it will be marked Live. When is a good time for you, and what is your facebook name?

1 hour ago, SBlueman said:

I'm actually one of those people who got rid of their Facebook account years ago. Can I watch without a Facebook account? Sounds like Twitch will be my best option.

Oh wow, I just assumed everyone has facebook. Yeah, Twitch is the same deal as facebook, though, I think you need to create a free account. My name on Twitch is rodneyrigoli with no space. 

• 1 month later...

Here's an update people can use for a post free agency update:

TSB 2020-TSB Tool Info.txt

Just copy and paste the contents to TSB Tool to the vanilla version of the game (You'll have to re-apply the set commands for a HARDTYPE version). Make sure to have the "Show Team Abb, City, Name" and Show Colors" selected to view before applying so the uniform changes and the Raiders changing from Oakland to Las Vegas gets applied.

Please note this is a roster update mostly. I didn't in depth with the sim code and will need to be adjusted to simulate a season correctly. Also, some players have similar numbers. Those will be edited once they announce which numbers they will be wearing. Enjoy for now people, something to hold you over until a post-draft update!

TSB 2020 - VANILLA-0.png

TSB 2020 - VANILLA-1.png

TSB 2020 - VANILLA-2.png

TSB 2020 - VANILLA-3.png

TSB 2020 - VANILLA-4.png

TSB 2020 - VANILLA-5.png

TSB 2020 - VANILLA-6.png

Edited by SBlueman

• 3 weeks later...

will probably be switching to this ROM as a base for my next season COM vs COM sim. the previous season was from Goji's (with some roster adjustments). it's a good ROM. 

going with your #2 Hardtype.

my fantasy football league wants to draft and sim a tecmo season. should be interesting. this could be the longest draft process of all time XD

• 3 weeks later...

@buffalo_tox, I am working on a 2020 rom with roster updates as I type. It's almost complete. In the meantime people can copy and paste the schedule I posted and apply it to the 2019 roms with TSB Tool. Just remember that is you want to edit anything with the NFC West teams you'll need to make the edits to the vanilla version and then re-apply the hardtype hacks from the text file I included in the downloads with TSB Tool. In the meantime, here's a preview:

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-5.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-4.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-3.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-2.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-1.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-0.png

Edited by SBlueman

17 hours ago, SBlueman said:

@buffalo_tox, I am working on a 2020 rom with roster updates as I type. It's almost complete. In the meantime people can copy and paste the schedule I posted and apply it to the 2019 roms with TSB Tool. Just remember that is you want to edit anything with the NFC West teams you'll need to make the edits to the vanilla version and then re-apply the hardtype hacks from the text file I included in the downloads with TSB Tool. In the meantime, here's a preview:

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-5.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-4.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-3.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-2.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-1.png

TSB 2020-HARDTYPE-0.png

hey, just curious: what happens if we edit the NFC West teams?

Edited by gray wilcox

@gray wilcox, the hardtype game will crash due to the set commands used. So if you want to edit anything with the NFC West teams in the hardtype versions it's:

1. Edit the vanilla version in TSB Tool, then save

2. Copy and paste the set commands in the hardtype text file to the vanilla version in TSB Tool. Ok the file edit after the warning pops up.

3. Play and enjoy!

You can edit the vanilla version all you want on TSB Tool. 

In the middle of testing the latest version as I type. Rosters are almost done, just waiting on the Jets and Patriots to release uniform numbers. The first release might have the rookies for both teams using their college numbers until they announce them. Keep an eye out for it, I hope to release something by next week.