2019 Tournament stats

Martin black

2019 Was my rookie year for tournament play.  I participated in three events, (NJ, NY, &CT). I've compiled my stats for the three tournaments (15 games played) Defiantly a hard swallow when added all up. Got my ass handed to me, but met some really great guys and had a lot of fun. I know where I need work and look forward to doing better in 2020. P.S. Any tips on stopping the run... 8B15E6CD-117C-4EB7-83C2-8ED9A599A18F.thumb.jpeg.3de5f272e4d099aa6663823ab467f585.jpeg

Hey bud, glad to hear you enjoyed the multiple live tourneys you went to. Said it before and I’ll say it again. This is the best gamer community out there. also glad to see you had some success in the tourneys. Feels like the new guys w/tecmo you have to take your lumps, so any progress is solid. Congrats again.

as for stopping the run. The only advice I can give you (ie, What has worked for me) is trial and error. With all running plays there seems to be an ideal player on defense certain people like to pick to try and blow it up. For example on the up the middle dive plays, I’ve found some success with playing the nose man , lb1, and the bottom corner man. With sweeps (especially the run3) I’ve been able to contain it sometimes with the top corner. Although, I’ve seen people blow up the same play w/the bottom corner. It’s all a matter of preference and repetition . Guess what I’m saying is you gotta put yourself in a good spot to stop the play, and it helps to get good at close up diving. 

Hope that helps. Happy new year bud