Is it not possible to get a clean hack/update of TSB 2?

harv2k

The updated NES version is pristine. Beautiful. Now The divisions are set up exactly the same in TSB2 SNES. Why haven't I seen anyone do a complete overhaul on the divisions with updated teams and rosters? I personally prefer the snes version with weather and kickoff Touchbacks. anyway the only one ive seen has the divisions messed up a bit like the ravens and the Texans being together and Cleveland over in the AFC west, etc. as I understand it TSB 3 cant be done either. 

• 1 month later...

Depends on what you're asking for. 

TSB 2 is the only one of the Tecmo games to have more than one full season in it. The rosters are completely updated and accurate to the 1992 and 1993 season. Even in running COM simulations, you get pretty similar results to the regular season and playoffs for those seasons. I don't think this is what you mean but just wanted to point it out there. If you are trying to do 1992 and 1993, this game has the definitive best rosters for it that reflect that time period in the NFL. 

As for hacking it and making it have 32 teams like the NES version, Bruddog is correct in these regards. I would absolutely love to see the day TSB 2 or any of the SNES versions get a 32 team rom hack, but I doubt it at this point. No one has the time for it. Some years ago I wanted to learn the coding and how the SNES stuff works in hopes of making my own rom hack of this game. But that is a pipe dream at this point. Since then I've gotten married, have a mortgage and working 2 jobs. I wish I had tried to figure this stuff out years ago when I had the time, cause I truly don't have it anymore. 

• 3 years later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, slim_jimmy7 said:

Plus SNES Programming is different/more complicated from NES programming.  It would honestly probably be easier to do it on Genesis.

We dabbled with the Gen version, but it appears they compressed the graphics on much of the logos.  So we just abandoned it.