Any suggestions for hex editor for Mac users?

SBlueman

Sorry I was being snarky but I mean I would seriously just look at some web reviews. There is hardly anyone here that both uses a hex editor and a mac. If your just doing some copying and pasting just about any old hex editor will do. 

Both the MESEN and FCEUX emulators have hex editors built in so you can test out your changes real time. 

Thanks for giving the program the old Pepsi challenge. I am actually a windows user but was asking for a Mac user who reached out for some help via PM. I am partial to Translhexation and hopefully there is a solution for Mac users that can give them the same functionality. He seems to be having issues with inserting code as per @Tecmonster's instructions for how to edit rosters in his game:

If you decide to make ANY edits to this game within TSBToolSupreme, then you'll very likely need to repair the rom afterwards because that program will break part of the moving grapple code and the game will glitch. So, here's what you do:

I used the Translhextion hex editor to create a file, named x3ffc0, and have included that with the rom here.  I recommend saving this file to your Desktop. How you apply this file: open up your rom in Translhextion and jump to offset x3ffc0 (by clicking Offset > Jump To > then enter x3ffc0 in the field). Highlight (by dragging on) that byte + the next 48 bytes (49 bytes total), then:

1) go to Selection and click "Fill Selection with..."

2) in the pop-up box, select "File" from the dropdown box after "Fill selection with"

3) click "Browse" and find your file (preferably on your Desktop) and select it

4) click "OK"

5) Go to "File" and save your rom.

This should fix the problem. Every time you edit your rom with TSBToolSupreme though, you're going to have to follow these steps directly afterwards.

It's a really interesting fork in the road right now for Mac Catalina users. Translhextion would work in Mojave and lower with WINE, but Catalina axed all 32 bit programs. They are currently in beta phase to restore the functionality (WINE is, not Mac).  Everything to do with Rom Hacking is very old typically, so here's hoping that the WINE guys figure it out.