Custom Teams Video for Signing Day

Logan Smith

Hey guys, newb here. I work in the communications department for a Division II college and wanted to know how hard it would be to customize our logo into the game. I’d love to take one of the intro videos from the games and put our logos and team colors in place of the original, but I don’t know how hard it would be. Any suggestions on difficulty and/or where to start?

19 hours ago, Logan Smith said:

Hey guys, newb here. I work in the communications department for a Division II college and wanted to know how hard it would be to customize our logo into the game. I’d love to take one of the intro videos from the games and put our logos and team colors in place of the original, but I don’t know how hard it would be. Any suggestions on difficulty and/or where to start?

Hey Logan, 

It IS possible and it's not terribly hard but it is not just an easy pick up and apply either. Here are the forums where you can start exploring. 

https://tecmobowl.org/forum/167-hackingemulation/

I was actually able to figure out how to do this when I made a college rom, but it was years ago and very time consuming. There are people far more skilled than me at doing this type of thing. I'm not sure anything in that hacking documentation is helpful for this. The beginning of the process for me was using an emulator that had a built-in tile editor. I used Nesticle. You can basically pause the emulation on the screen you want and edit the colors right there in the emulator. I think you might have to edit the team names with a hex editor. 

If you have a budget for it, I would suggest offering to pay someone to do it. Someone with better skills than me might take you up on that.