(NES) Tecmo Super Bowl -NES (bugs fixed)

bruddog

Tecmo Super Bowl -NES (bugs fixed)

The original rom has been completely rebuilt.  DO NOT TRY TO APPLY ANY OF THE HACKS LISTED ONE THE WEBSITE. It is extremely  likely they wont't work due to locations in the rom being slightly different. 

GAMEPLAY:

1. Fix pass overthrow INT check bug  ( QB's pass control never loaded)  
2. Fix player 2 condition bug ( incorrect ratings displayed)  
3. Fix avoid pass block bug during cutscenes  ( uses 50PC value all the time during cutscenes
4. Fix avoid kick block bug   ( uses worst avoid kick block all the time
5. Fix broken math that uses arrow location for FG's ( bad math that makes kicks slightly more or less accurate than they should be depending on arrow speed
6. Fix tipped pass out of endzone results in safety bug 
7. Prevent fumble in endzone on tackles
8. Fix TE sim target bug 
9. Fix sim bug that uses sim kr value instead of sim pr value
10. Fix sim injury check bug (It checks a memory location instead of an absolute value)

SEASON:

11. Fix schedule (home and away incorrect for many games) 

AESTHETIC: 
12. Restore Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Randall Cunningham faces and names

MISC PROGRAMMING FIXES: 
12. Remove broken, redundant data
13  Misc 6502 asm fixes.

Have 1, 4, 5, and 9 been talked about on here before? I'm not really sure what you mean by any of these. 

1. Are you talking about when the QB throws the ball miles beyond the receiver into the waiting arms of a defender for an int? Are you saying that's a bug?

4. What do you mean it uses the worst AKB all the time? Are you saying AKB doesn't actually function and everyone has the same low value?

5. My understanding of the arrow is that the higher the Kick Ability, the less the arrow moves, so it doesn't go as far to the top and bottom, making kicks more accurate. It also moves slower, which can make kicking harder for better kickers. I know this can be changed in various ways, but I didn't think of it as a bug. What exactly is the fix that you have put in?

9. I thought sim kr is how often a player is targeted, and sim pr is yards. What is the bug you are talking about?

Pretty much all of these have been talked about at one point.

1. Im saying that the calculation for whether or not a pass is an int when the wr isn’t determined to be close to the ball is total garbage. There is a post on here that explains it. But basically its using a total bogus value for the qbs pass control because they forgot to load it for that calculation.

4. Yes it uses the worst AKB all the time.

5. There is an error with the arrow location calculation that adds some randomness to the location which would be ok except that there is no rhyme or reason to how it does so like a 50 KA kicker gets the least amount of randomness.

6. The players rushing sim ability is used for sim kick returning and sim punt returning BUT the game uses the player put at kick return SIM values for BOTH kick returning and punt returning.

7 minutes ago, bruddog said:

Pretty much all of these have been talked about at one point.

1. Im saying that the calculation for whether or not a pass is an int when the wr isn’t determined to be close to the ball is total garbage. There is a post on here that explains it. But basically its using a total bogus value for the qbs pass control because they forgot to load it for that calculation.

4. Yes it uses the worst AKB all the time.

5. There is an error with the arrow location calculation that adds some randomness to the location which would be ok except that there is no rhyme or reason to how it does so like a 50 KA kicker gets the least amount of randomness.

6. The players rushing sim ability is used for sim kick returning and sim punt returning BUT the game uses the player put at kick return SIM values for BOTH kick returning and punt returning.

1. Well, that's pretty interesting. 

4. Didn't know that, okay. 

5. Hmm, okay.

9. Ah, that's why the returners on the rom I just did don't make a lot of sense. I chalked it up to Tecmo randomness and possibly matchups. I was going to use one player on each team for both kick and punt returns, but at the last minute I decided to use what the teams actually had as much as possible. Guess there was no point to that lol.

4 hours ago, bruddog said:

Is this an easy hex fix? I'm not too concerned about the other bugs, I've been playing with them forever and barely noticed, but I like end of season stats to come close to what I expect, so this is something I would like to implement. It'd be nice to see the best kick and punt returners near the top of their respective leader boards each season.

16 hours ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Is this an easy hex fix? I'm not too concerned about the other bugs, I've been playing with them forever and barely noticed, but I like end of season stats to come close to what I expect, so this is something I would like to implement. It'd be nice to see the best kick and punt returners near the top of their respective leader boards each season.

You mean on a standard rom? Yes its simple hex fix...