Hey guys! Signup Thread for S38.

Returning owners get priority. This season will be another "called matchup" season. Coin flip winner MUST take home field and call a matchup. A player may not call the same matchup more than once in the regular season. 

Condition checker is NOT allowed as this league's purpose is to simulate a tournament experience. After signup is complete players will be assigned to two conferences as per usual. Target is for 28 owners, 14 per conference. If demand is high we could potentially accommodate more, so we'll see who's in. This is a great time of year to get your tecmo game in shape for the big winter tourneys, including Tundra in January.

Post below to let me know if you're in. This is my first time solo-commishing so please be patient with me :)

Best,

Ptitteri

Current Players Total (28 + 3 waitlist)

Returning (26):

ptitteri

johny_mx

MadTownSpliffStars

kmolnar3298

the_shield

Thrash

Prime

Barletti

Rico

Hank

Speed

Simon

ACSlater

Arncoem

Gats

MilesTails

RandyWags

Nelson79

8-Bit

DaRiddler

HughMillenNation

TundraYeti

PrimeTime

Tadaos

DarthRockman

PurpleHaze (via Discord)

New (5):

Shotgun

GoNickMontana

SwampC1

RetroNate

LeonSandcastle

Edited by ptitteri

Arncoem back next season. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ptitteri
      Just to avoid any confusion, I'm laying out the rules for S38 here.

The league google sheet is found here:
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i0tdmSxbZJ1tJ930Vi_zJAjMtHKwOkudpL1_H2bdPrU/edit#gid=1280967737

Let me know if you have any issues with data entry etc. After each game the winner should enter the results in the AFC or NFC tab.

SEASON SCHEDULE: The season will start on Saturday October 26th 2019. Play everyone in your conference once (that should be 14 games, as there are 15 players per conference) mid-way point of the season will be EOD Dec 1st, you should have 7 games played by that point. Season deadline will be EOD January 1st (happy new year!). Some notes about the end of the season: there will be no deadline extension as we did with S37, any unplayed matchups will automatically be won 2-0 by the player who has logged the most games. If the players have logged the same number of games, the first tiebreak will be whether 7 games had been played by the mid-way point. If both players reached (or didn't reach) the mid-way checkpoint, winner will be decided by point differential. GENERAL play RULES: P1 / matchup call is decided by a coin flip. NO DEFERRING. If you win the toss you must be P1 and pick a matchup. "Madison" rules, as per normal. No "lurching" with DLs, and DLs may only rush around the tackles, not up the middle (EXCEPT for shotgun plays, where anything is fair game.) "4th man down" is allowed on FG block attempts. For example, LT or Derrick Thomas are totally fine to attempt kick-blocks. NO CONDITION CHECKER. I love me some condition checker, but this is the tournament training league, so have to do without. It goes without saying, but no turbo or other unfair advantages (if you develop a play-picker app in secret that works on brutopia and use it to win the league you've got bigger issues my friend.) Don't be a dick. Say GL/GH/GG Conflicts will be mediated by me, but please don't let it get that far. Take care of business between yourselves and come to a fair resolution in the event of desyncs etc. If you CAN stream, please do. It's fun. If you can commentate as you stream that makes it even more fun. I do it, and I'm not great at it, but I know that people enjoy hearing the joy of victory and agony of defeat. REGULAR SEASON: A matchup may only be called once by a player. If you call Redskins-Vikings, you can't call the same thing again. If someone else calls Redskins-Vikings against you that's ok. Play everyone in your conference once. That should be 13 games (14 players per conference and you can't play with yourself. Ha.) PLAYOFFS: 7 Players from each conference will make the postseason, with one bye per conference for the top seed. No ties. If OT ends in a tie, start the game over (same playbooks) and continue playing sudden death. Matchup calls will reset in the playoffs, but may only be called once by a player. Eg, if you called Redskins-Vikings in the regular season, you may do so again in the playoffs, but only once. Playoffs will be single elimination  
      I think that's it. Have fun and GLGL!

- Pete
    • By Darth RockMan
      If you want to join just put your

Discord name - 
      Can you host - 

Example
      DarthRockman
      Yes

Waiting
      Punkyqb - skipped
      vikingmo - skipped
      toolie - skipped
      sammiesmith - skipped

• By Darth RockMan
      Season 33 of TTL can now begin.  Format for this season is a called matchup league.  We have 28 owners and 14 owners per conference which means you have 13 games to play.  Deadline will be Monday, October 29th @ midnight.    We will also have a mid season deadline of Monday, October 1st @ midnight where you need to have 7 games in.   If you don't have your games in or don't have a very very good reason I will find a replacement so we can keep the season moving along.   

Rules
      You play each person once in your conference.  All Madison rules.  Coin flip determines who calls the match up. Winner can call the match up or defer.  Person who calls the match up is P1. You can only call the match up once however it will reset in the playoffs.    

Playoffs
      Playoffs will have 7 owners from each conference making the playoffs with the top seed obtaining a week 1 bye.   Format will be single elimination.

Tagging
      @ttl will be reserved for commissioner use only and for tagging folks when streaming games.  We will use the demerit system and if receive 3 demerits you will be booted from the league.   

Game Log - Google Doc
      The game tracker has been modified with some enhancements.   

The records/standings are now on it's own tab The names have been changed to include the official discord name where you can copy and paste names to tag owners  The matchups tab will now show you what games you have left to play.  You can use the ctrl key to highlight owners in white, copy the cells,  then paste them in discord to tag owners that you have not played yet.   
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i0tdmSxbZJ1tJ930Vi_zJAjMtHKwOkudpL1_H2bdPrU/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Matchup Tab - (Games you have not played yet are in white)

• By Darth RockMan
      Season 31 of TTL can now begin.  Format for this season is a called matchup league.  We have 30 total owners and 15 owners per conference which means you have 14 games to play.  We will be playing 2.5 games per week which puts the deadline at June 11th @midnight.   We will also have a mid season deadline of Monday May 21st where you need to have 7 games in.   If you don't have your games in or don't have a very very good reason I will find a replacement so we can keep the season moving along.   

Rules
      You play each person once in your conference.  All Madison rules.  Coin flip determines who calls the match up. Winner can call the match up or defer.  Person who calls the match up is P1. You can only call the match up once however it will reset in the playoffs.    

Playoffs
      Playoffs will have 7 owners from each conference making the playoffs with the top seed obtaining a week 1 bye.   Format will be single elimination.

Tagging
      @ttl will be reserved for commissioner use only and for tagging folks when streaming games.  We will use the demerit system and if receive 3 demerits you will be booted from the league.    As a note HoffNasty will receive a demerit automatically if I am given one at any time in HSTL. 

Game Log - Google Doc
      The game tracker has been modified with some enhancements.   

The records/standings are now on it's own tab The names have been changed to include the official discord name where you can copy and paste names to tag owners  The matchups tab will now show you what games you have left to play.  You can use the ctrl key to highlight owners in white, copy the cells,  then paste them in discord to tag owners that you have not played yet.   
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i0tdmSxbZJ1tJ930Vi_zJAjMtHKwOkudpL1_H2bdPrU/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Matchup Tab - (Games you have not played yet are in white)

(Hold the ctrl key down to select multiple owners)   
      (Shift key can be used to select a group of owners)

• By Darth RockMan
      TTL30 can now begin!   Deadline is April 16th @10AM.    

Google Doc
      Based of a suggestion from JoeyGats I've moved to a google doc for TTL instead of Dynastyphile.   The reason for the move is that no one supports Dynastyphile anymore and even if it was supported the commish has to key in every matchup (168 matchups).   This will simplify things and allow for custom changes in the future.  

Schedule
      This is mainly for the new guys. Nothing has changed.  You play each team in your division once.   The google doc has a picture of the divisions as well as a number (1 -4) to try and identify who has what team.   Since everyone has two teams you will play 6 games in each division for a total of 12 games. I'm expecting some questions on this so feel free to ask.      

Home/Away
      Home away is decided by a coin flip.   Winner can take their choice of P1 or P2.   It can also be mutually decided prior if owners do not care that much.   Biggest impact would be that  P1 would have an onside kick advantage.  

Playoffs
      We will have 6 teams in each conference making the playoffs with the top 2 seeds receiving a bye.    League then changes to a called match up league with Madison rules.   Higher seed is the automatic winner of the coin toss and can call the match up or defer.  The championship game will be a coin toss.   You can only call a match once throughout the playoffs.   

TieBreakers
      If there is a record tie we will go head to head records first then total point differential.   If there is a three way tie with no clear head to head winner due to some circular logic we will use point differential. If it is for the 6th and final seed I reserve the option to call an additional game to determine the 6th seed. 

Ties
      We will no longer have ties in the regular season.   You will keep playing until someone wins for sudden death.