Looking For Accurate TSB NFL 2005

Chris75

The realignment of divisions was in 2002 putting my Seahawks back in the NFC west. I have found good roms of 2003, 2004, 2006 on up putting the Seahawks in the NFC west. The 2005 rom I have found have Seattle still in the AFC. I have found one 2005 rom the put Seattle in NFC Central. That Is Closer but still not right. I am just curios of anybody knows where I might find a 2005 rom with the correct new Division realignments. The 2003, 2004, 2006 roms I have found have the North south West and East  Since those are out there I'm hoping maybe someone has the one rom I am missing ? Down to just 2005 now thanks to  BO FB Offtackle Left  . He has a 2002 that he is polishing up. It has the teams in the right places that is the main thing

Thanks in Advance

Edited by Chris75
Found half of what I was looking for.

Here's the 2002 32-team rom I just did. I'm still working on the sim ratings, so if you play a season expect to see some weird stats and team records, but player ratings and rosters are good, and all the teams are in the right place. The only glitch I know of is there's an option to change the time, but it sets it a minute lower than the time you pick. If you want 5 minutes per quarter like on the original, you have to set it to 6 mins. This rom lets you change playbooks in the middle of a game, but it's the original plays and there's really no other hacks.

TSB 2002.nes

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

4 hours ago, Chris75 said:

Thanks a lot. This works. I greatly appreciate it.  a Bug here and there does not bother me but it s good you are working on it I am just thankful You had one. The bug with the clock the rom locked up on me when I went in there. i reset left the clock a lone the rom was acting fine.

Thanks again for this.

Yeah the clock thing is annoying. I didn't make the rom, I just took one that was originally from 2007 I think and edited rosters and ratings for 2002. If I knew how, I would remove the clock option entirely. 

Better then I can do. I so not even know how to edit the rosters lol. I owe you one. I can tell you edited this Rom so we would Have an accurate one for 2002. thanks a lot. I do not even know hot to do the sim ratings like you do even though I hear that is simple. Wish i had more time to figure out and hack a Rom completely. Then I cn turn around and make my own 2005 rm too

3 hours ago, Chris75 said:

Better then I can do. I so not even know how to edit the rosters lol. I owe you one. I can tell you edited this Rom so we would Have an accurate one for 2002. thanks a lot. I do not even know hot to do the sim ratings like you do even though I hear that is simple. Wish i had more time to figure out and hack a Rom completely. Then I cn turn around and make my own 2005 rm too

Editing rosters is easy. Just download TSBTool from this site, load any TSB rom, and you can change anything you want. You can edit the text or use the dropdown menus. The latest version even lets you easily change team names and uniform colors. 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:14 AM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Here's the 2002 32-team rom I just did. I'm still working on the sim ratings, so if you play a season expect to see some weird stats and team records, but player ratings and rosters are good, and all the teams are in the right place. The only glitch I know of is there's an option to change the time, but it sets it a minute lower than the time you pick. If you want 5 minutes per quarter like on the original, you have to set it to 6 mins. This rom lets you change playbooks in the middle of a game, but it's the original plays and there's really no other hacks.

TSB 2002.nes 512.02 kB · 4 downloads

If you don't make any changes to the time does it just stay at 5 minutes?

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

If you don't make any changes to the time does it just stay at 5 minutes?

It appears to now, yes. Something I did earlier made it revert back to 4 minutes, but I'm not sure what that was. Perhaps making changes and saving in Tool or a hex editor. I thought it happened when I reset but it's staying now. 

Sim ratings just affect individual stats and team records on SKP vs SKP games when you are playing a season. It's nothing to really worry about. The overall records seem to actually be close to what they were in 2002 for most teams, but right now WR2 and TE are not getting any catches. I'm in the process of tweaking these so it works better, and will post the final rom when I'm done.

Thanks a lot Sounds good. I have been playing Season mode.. Into week 3 and and everything looks pretty good. I did notice the WR2 and TE but did not say anything because I am not picky. But I figured you might catch that anyway and you did.I will look forward to the your posting of the final when you are done.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 2:46 AM, Chris75 said:

Thanks a lot Sounds good. I have been playing Season mode.. Into week 3 and and everything looks pretty good. I did notice the WR2 and TE but did not say anything because I am not picky. But I figured you might catch that anyway and you did.I will look forward to the your posting of the final when you are done.

I uploaded my final version. This is a different base rom than the one I used before, there are no graphics changes here: