Sign in to follow this  
BigFatPaulie

1995 Hall of Fame Candidates

Reminder of the Criteria:

The WTF Hall of Fame will ran by the HOF Committee.  The Committee will consist of the HOF Commissioner (myself) and 5 committee members.  The introductory committee will consist of Drake, Kamp, Stalltalk, Arncoem, and DT.  The Commissioner will nominate all eligible players and the committee will vote.  Only the Committee members can vote, but all league owners can respond and discuss in the voting forum.

Guidelines for Eligibility:

A player will require 66% of the vote to become a hall member.

The player has to have played at least 5 seasons.

The player has to have retired at least 3 seasons ago.

A player can only be eligible a maximum of three different times.  If they don't accumulate enough votes three times, they can no longer be eligible in the future.

There will be a maximum of 5 eligible players allowed for nomination per year.  There will be no minimum.

Owners are eligible to join the HOF, but must have played at least 10 seasons or impacted the league dramatically (ie, Brooks-wtfphile)

1995 Hall of Fame Candidates:

David Krieg, QB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=18

Dave Krieg was the 3rd overall pick in the inaugural WTF draft.  Krieg was one of the most dependable, consistent, and accurate throwers out there.  He is a 2 time All-Pro, 3 time Pro-bowler, and 1983 Offensive MVP.  Dave Krieg is 2nd all time in Passing Yards, TD's, Attempts, and completions, trailing only Dan Marino.  Krieg played 13 seasons and never had a qb rating under 98.  He finished his career wiith 29,285 passing yards, 351 td's, and a passer rating of 119.1.

Art Still, DL  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=694

Art Still was one of the more dependable defensive lineman in the World Tecmo Federation.  He was an original draft pick in 1980 of the Houston Oilers, moving to Dallas for his final 11 seasons.  Art Still was a 2 time All-Pro, 7 time Pro-Bowler, and 1987 Super Bowl Champion.  He is 3rd all time in dl sacks, 5th in tackles, and tied for 2nd for most sacks in a season.

Darrin Nelson, RB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=1294

Another multi-faceted RB, Darrin Nelson was an elite runner and pass catcher for the Giants and Dolphins franchises.  Nelson is a 2 time All-Pro, 4 time Pro-Bowler, 1984 Super Bowl Champion, and had 8 consecutive years of over 1,000 yards rushing and 7 straight years of 30+ receptions.  Darrin Nelson is 8th all time in rushing yards, 4th in rushing td's, 1st in rb receptions, 1st in receiving yards, and 5th in receiving td's at the time of his retirement.  He owns the 3rd most rushing td's in a season with 31 and finishes his career with a 9.0 ypc.  This is Nelson's 2nd nomination for the HOF.

Roland James, DB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=895

Roland James not only played a dozen seasons but played them all with one team, the Kansas City Chiefs.  Under Chief Jr's tutelage James went on to be a 4 time All-Pro, 6 time Pro-Bowler, and 2 time Super Bowl Champion.  James is 5th all time in interceptions, 1st in tackles by a db, tied for 1st with 5 interceptions in a single game, and tied for most db return td's at the time of his retirement.  James started to fade during his final years but was still a solid contributor to the Chiefs team.  This is James' 2nd nomination for the HOF.

Steve Fuller, QB http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=39

Steve Fuller was a player who always over achieved and eventually went on to dominate the league for a 4 year stretch.  During this time Fuller was a 2 time All-Pro, 3 time Pro-Bowler, the 1985 Offensive MVP, and a 1983 Super Bowl champion.  Fuller was then traded to the Dolphins where he continued to put up good numbers.  Fuller is 6th all time in passing yards, 5th in touchdown passes at the time of his retirement, and has a career qb rating of 109.  This is Fuller's 2nd nomination for the HOF.

Edited by BigFatPaulie

Dave Krieg - Yes

if Dan Marino didn’t get traded to SF & Sam Graddy not drafted for Marino then Krieg is still #1 all time QB. Sits at 2nd across the board for all major career stats. 

Consider only 1 season of his career was at 63pc (never 69pc) - a 56pc QB for majority of career. 

Easy vote 

Art Still - No

he’s 3rd all time in Sacks for DL but the 1st & 2nd place are light years ahead of him in w/ 88 for Millard & 91 for Howie Long, while  Still is at 57 sacks for his career. 

Tackles same thing: Millard had 255 & Long 579 / while Still had 150 career tackles.  - huge drop off between Still & other 2.  

Darrin Nelson - yes

he waited a year to get in & his numbers receiving are insane being league leader for career in both RB Receptions & Yards. 

Include his 1,000+ yards rushing counted on & a Super Bowl ring & he gets it.  

Roland James - No 

even though his career tackles are number 1 for career he only had 3

seasons of double digit ints.  Coming from a DB that for his 3 seasons of 69int he has 6, 12, and 5 ints in those seasons.  IMO a hall of fame DB when at height of their attributes has to dominate.  His 12 int season was nice but it was sandwiched by 6 & 5. Those are LB int totals for some - not a hall of fame DB.  

Still a great career & 2 SB rings. 

Steve Fuller - Yes 

Fuller being at 5th / 6th etx for career stats Will see him stay at that spot for a long time to come as nobody close to him is still playing.  He had Only 4

seasons at 50PC w the other 7 being a 44pc QB in a league that the average pro bowl QB Is 63pc so Fuller took what he had to work w & made the most out of it. Most 44pc QBs are backups or 50% TD to INTs.  Fuller had a 4 year  stretch where he threw the ball  w/ ridiculous precision to the tune of 151 Touchdowns vs 31 ints.  That’s unheard of from a 44/50 pc QB in our league! Congrats Fuller!

Edited by arncoem

Couple other players in their first year hall of fame eligibility looking for write in votes: 

WR Gary Clark:

289 receptions 

10,661 yards (1 of 11 to hit 10k rec yards)

91 touchdowns 

3x pro bowl

2x all pro 

played entire 9 year career w/ TB & 50ms 75 rec. 

along w/ Jim Everett made the offensive strategy of “Speed-Ball” a household recognized term in WTF.  Started career w/ 2 coaches (retronate & jpthebowler) before offensive coordinator / Head Coach Speed came in for 1990-1993. 

LB Stan Blinda

85 sacks (9th place sacks all time) 

2x Pro Bowl 

LB Otis Wilson  

103 sacks (6th place all time)

1x pro bowl

1x all pro 

1982 WTF Championship Ring 

C961C4DF-318F-4F6B-89E5-C0AABE690E75.png

D71F8B18-68BB-46E7-98EC-8EA42E97D557.png

57C5C316-06FD-44E6-812D-0A55E3124460.png

I looked at those guys but didn't think they were worthy. A 1 time pro bowler or a lb who never once had double digit sacks doesn't seem to be worthy of the best of the best. Clark was the closest of the bunch but there were better wr's who didn't make it before and there are better who have yet to be nominated.  This was a light year as far as quality retirees but the standards are always the same.  That's why I thought it was a good year to get some quality guys another shot at the hall who just barely missed previously.  Next year is going to be a loaded class.

1995 Hall of Fame Candidates:

David Krieg, QB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=18

Mudbone a shoo in... YES!

Art Still, DL  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=694

Only 1 season of Sacks as double digits and 2nd best was 8. Nice long career but not a HOFer.  Easy NO

Darrin Nelson, RB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=1294

As I voted last year. Quote "Have gone back and forth on this. Adding in his receiving stats over his Giants years, his winning the Super Bowl (and 8 TDs in the run for it, so an integral part obviously, but he delivered). Gotta go with... YES"

Roland James, DB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=895

I fully disagree with @arncoem here. Interceptions don't tell the whole story or prove dominance. He might have had only 3 double digit INTs seasons, but there were 2 seasons with 9 and 1 season with 8. Leading all time tackler and 5th all time in INTs. Looking beyond, with leading all time tackler, and seeing the Chiefs winning totals over his career, they were double digits in wins every season but 2, and he was a huge reason for that. When I consider Hall of Fame, like I hear often regarding the NFL, can you tell the WTF story without including him. I don't think you can. He held it down for a Hall of Fame owner for years and got that Hall of Fame owner his first win in a WTF championship game. 

Steve Fuller, QB http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=39

Winning the title amongst that 4 year incredible run. That's a YES from me dawg. 

2 hours ago, BigFatPaulie said:

I looked at those guys but didn't think they were worthy. A 1 time pro bowler or a lb who never once had double digit sacks doesn't seem to be worthy of the best of the best. Clark was the closest of the bunch but there were better wr's who didn't make it before and there are better who have yet to be nominated.  This was a light year as far as quality retirees but the standards are always the same.  That's why I thought it was a good year to get some quality guys another shot at the hall who just barely missed previously.  Next year is going to be a loaded class.

I was bored this am - liked looking them up.  Some reason thought Gary clark was more dominant until really looked at his seasons.  Retro Nate did most w him early on. 

Even though a weak class I enjoyed looking over them & seeing where they are all time vs their same position peers. 

Upcoming will be some candidates w not much to think about or compare to other players required as their names alone will get the votes so This class was interesting outside of Dave Krieg it worthy.   

As always thanks Big Paulie! @BigFatPaulie

Dave Krieg: Consistency, Longevity, Tops in most career categories. Yes

Art Still: Sure he isn't top 2 dl, but he is still in most top 3's.  He had 7 pro-bowls which meant he was among the best at his position the majority of his career.  A position that's not heavily celebrated or appreciated. Yeah he only had one double digit sack season, but how many dl ever can produce like that consistently?  I am going to say Yes.

Darrin Nelson.  I thought he should have gotten in last year as he was the best dual threat rb in his day. Yes.

Roland James: Solid, longevity, but not spectacular. No.

Steve Fuller: Probably his last shot to get in.  Solid career numbers, mvp, and super bowl winner. Yes.

23 hours ago, stalltalk said:

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Kreig, Nelson, James yes.

Still, Fuller no.

I'll second these votes. Still not a huge impact player. Fuller very solid, but pales in comparison to Krieg.

I can't not vote YES for Dave Krieg, but he had a very long solid career so don't really feel like that's a homer vote.

I gotta vote YES for Art Still who had a hilariously long career and was a key cog for several quality Cowboys teams.

Darren Nelson gets a YES with some major accumulation of stats and glory with the Giants.

Roland James another YES. Lots of success, stats, and fear induced to would be deep ball testers.

I think any QB under the guidance of Gats should honestly be punished a bit buuuuut I think ole Stevey accomplished enough to get another YES from me.

DT:  The YES! Network.

I’ll post the on the site! Congrats to all players & their coaches!

next season think we have votes for our first owner to be part - maybe have a 1 owner per season can on the ballot 

consist of (in no particular order - maybe a random number associated w ea 1-7 and whoever gets number drawn is the candidate for that ballot?) 

Brookston 

kamphuna 

turbo: Clemens / Barry bonds/ Albert “Joey”  belle /TY cobb where guys is a total jerkoff but body of work is remarkable and does the body of work outweigh the person’s off the field antics 

discdolo

arncoem

Swamp

chiefsjr 

Edited by arncoem