Tecmo basketball

tecmonewby

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 7:25 PM, tecmonewby said:

Anyone with a Tecmo super nba basketball rom with college teams?...for snes or sega

Yes, but I'm way behind at the moment.

https://retrohoops.net

Currently working on NBA Live 22 HWC. I'm planning to release something this coming weekend (~12/4/21). After that will be Tecmo NBA and Super NBA, which will be near end of December (shooting for a Christmas release time... no pun intended).

However, my Tecmo B-Ball ROMs are "OK" at best--I'd honestly call them prototypes. In fact, I'd prefer to get some other folks involved to hack it to make them better, make their own versions, make other versions like a college ROM initially requested.

In the meantime, ping @Baron von Lector as he might working on an updated Tecmo NBA ROM.

Edited by kdubmods
typos

• 3 weeks later...

Currently working on NBA Live 22 HWC. I'm planning to release something this coming weekend (~12/4/21). After that will be Tecmo NBA and Super NBA, which will be near end of December (shooting for a Christmas release time... no pun intended).

OK, so another week behind that, but the 22 HWC is up now.

https://retrohoops.net/files/file/32-nba-live-22hwc/

So, onto the Tecmo "Ball" games...

• 3 weeks later...

...and we're up and running with Tecmo NBA Basketball 2022:

https://retrohoops.net/home-page/roms/tecmo-nba-basketball-2022-r15/

Did my first round of simple hacking on this one (rosters aside), so at least it says "2021" or "2022" where applicable. Finally looks "legit" enough.

Now, if anyone can get that Rabbit tool to work with this NES ROM for facial features and skin tones, let me know. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone! I'm new to these ROM you are making and loving them especially the Tecmo NBA basketball and Tecmo Super NBA Basketball. I played them when I was younger and am loving the updated rosters you created. Would love to learn you its done but I'm sure it take a lot of time. Anyways looking forward to any updates you may have in the works!

14 hours ago, Phil Krueger said:

Hi Everyone! I'm new to these ROM you are making and loving them especially the Tecmo NBA basketball and Tecmo Super NBA Basketball. I played them when I was younger and am loving the updated rosters you created. Would love to learn you its done but I'm sure it take a lot of time. Anyways looking forward to any updates you may have in the works!

Seems like there are some updates here

https://retrohoops.net/files/

3 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Seems like there are some updates here

https://retrohoops.net/files/

Yeah I seen those ROMS as well and have played them. They are good. I like the 2018 version the best because when you sim games there is no inaccuracies. For some reason when you sim the 2022 version a bench player on a lot of teams scores all the points for each game. I'm not sure why that is unless I'm doing something wrong.

5 hours ago, Phil Krueger said:

Yeah I seen those ROMS as well and have played them. They are good. I like the 2018 version the best because when you sim games there is no inaccuracies. For some reason when you sim the 2022 version a bench player on a lot of teams scores all the points for each game. I'm not sure why that is unless I'm doing something wrong.

Off the top of my head it's probably because whomever edited the rom might not have paid attention to the simulation attributes which then by default gives weight to the last person on the roster. It's a known issue in Tecmo Super Bowl where the backup TE will have jacked numbers if you do something similar.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:32 PM, Knobbe said:

Off the top of my head it's probably because whomever edited the rom might not have paid attention to the simulation attributes which then by default gives weight to the last person on the roster. It's a known issue in Tecmo Super Bowl where the backup TE will have jacked numbers if you do something similar.

So in order to fix this issue it would have to be fixed by the person who edited the ROM or someone else?

9 hours ago, Phil Krueger said:

So in order to fix this issue it would have to be fixed by the person who edited the ROM or someone else?

It's been a long time, from what i was able to find i'm not sure if anyone ever found out how to edit the sim data.

when you play the ones that seem to have good sim data, do the stats seem like they line up with current teams or do they seem to line up with who was good in the 90s when the game was made?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, Knobbe said:

It's been a long time, from what i was able to find i'm not sure if anyone ever found out how to edit the sim data.

when you play the ones that seem to have good sim data, do the stats seem like they line up with current teams or do they seem to line up with who was good in the 90s when the game was made?

It lines up with current players. Where do I find out how to fix sim data? I downloaded the Rabbit utility and am in the process of updating rosters to end of season 2023. Still learning this whole ROM hack process. I’d like to update the sim data for gameplay. I know Baron Von Lector had the best update according to this thread. I’m not sure if he is still active on here. I’m also wondering if it is possible that this ROM can be updated to have all 30 teams like the Tecmo Super Bowl updates?? Also can divisions be updated?? I’m willing to put in the time just need some guidance from anyone that is willing.