Des Moines, IA - 11/9/2019 - Iowa Tecmo 6

noonan

10 hours ago, justinpeters51 said:

Awesome to hear! Come game with us Friday night if you come then. I will post room number Friday afternoon!

I will be coming with Mort, Gats, and Henry Brown. Definitely looking forward to it.

And Hank it looks more like you made a power rankings other than Henry rather than a prediction. I don't know if Henry can beat Gats in the finals. Might need Mort to knock him out for Henry to get the W.

2 hours ago, Dan S said:

I will be coming with Mort, Gats, and Henry Brown. Definitely looking forward to it.

And Hank it looks more like you made a power rankings other than Henry rather than a prediction. I don't know if Henry can beat Gats in the finals. Might need Mort to knock him out for Henry to get the W.

Duh, ur dps?

Pools (as I know of the participants thus far) have been updated.  Sorry to hear that @ricor33 is a scratch...

Good to hear Nebraska decided to bring a 2nd player....  that 2 total from Nebraska.... that's 2 more than the huskers have national championships since 1997.

https://tinyurl.com/iowatecmo6

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/blogs/technically-nebraska-can-still-win-the-big-ten-west-here/article_0b726dff-0e62-5db3-8134-80279437a881.html

Maybe the alcohol talking... but if Nebraska wins the big ten west in 2019... I will waive all entry fees for Iowa Tecmo 7 in 2020 and payout the top 4 winners out of my own pocket ($500 max prize purse).

Give me a freaking break!... Some journalist who obviously was above the age of adolescence in the 1990's wrote this hilarious tale.

Great Tourney Corey and Kyle,

I had a great time.  Lots of fun.  Calcutta was classic. Scott made more money on the Calcutta than anyone with his bid on his brother Randywags.   That is is hilarious. I believe his brother didn't buy in with him.  

The night before was classic as well pounding beers with Corey and Peters while playing Tecmo.  It was also hilarious going to the hotel and Peters having a tub full of beer waiting only to find out Corey got permission from the bar for us to play and setup.  

Day of the tourney we missed some players but we also met some new players which made  it fun.  Tim is a new guy who also ran a podcast for the Iowa Tecmo.  He did some interviews and really had a good time.  He even won a couple of games.  I think every new player (David, Glen, Tim, Tim, and Jeff) who came enjoyed them selves and that is the most important.  

Overall, I like coming to Iowa for this tourney.  Corey and Kyle make you feel welcomed and are hilarious.  If you haven't gone you should go.  You get plenty of games and there is plenty of fun to be had.  

Sammie Smith aka Kris

This was my 1st year at Iowa Tecmo and I wasn't disappointed. Overall the setup and space we had was great. The Calcutta was awesome as I went in as the #2 seed and got people betting on me to win the tournament. Crazy. Unfortunately I got food poisoning on the way down and was far from 100% on the day so I couldn't enjoy myself like I normally would have. Basically spent all day drinking juices and pepto lol. I feel bad that Tim H. left the tournament after I held him to 0 yards but it is what it is. My only losses on the day were to Noonan and Joey Gats so not too bad.

@noonan the tournament was great and I'm glad you beat me. You really taught me something in that game. Everyone who I hung out with I am so happy to have seen you. @SammieSmith33 when my headache was at its worst when I walked into the tourney in the morning and you were just absolutely yelling (like you always do) because Minnesota was deflecting a pass or something. That was my most favorite and least favorite moment lol. If it wasn't you I would've been pissed. But I know that's just you being you so I appreciated it haha. I have all intention of seeing you guys next year and I promise I'll do better then. I'm coming for that title next year @randywags25

On 11/13/2019 at 4:23 PM, SammieSmith33 said:

@Dan S Tundra we are definitely firing up Tecmo  Basketball.  Friday night

Definitely. Anytime Tecmo NBA Basketball is played I'm interested!

• Knobbe unpinned this topic