Sign in to follow this  
kamphuna8

WTF Back Game Policy for 1995 (and BEYOND!)

1995 Back Game Policy

One of the big issues I see that needs to be addressed is a back game policy that works.  What I will be doing this first season won’t be perfect, but it will be something that we can build on in the future.

Now the problems I see with abuse of the current system is usually related to guys not playing so that they can either A) avoid injury, or B) see what they need to get gain wise once their competition for said gain has their games in and can see what they need, perhaps on multiple positions.

Then another problem is waiting at the end of the season for the same schmoe’s to get their games in.

Now let me get one thing straight. Posting at your opponents in the WTF discord channel DOES NOTHING FOR ME in terms of showing your effort to schedule. You know what shows me your effort? Playing AND UPLOADING your game AND NSV. CAPS ON PURPOSE! Now I do have a request to put in a dedicated scheduling channel for WTF. We might get one and we might not, but since the AIM days, and ESPECIALLY since the rise of Discord, tags and messages get lost in the shuffle.  I’ve always ascribed to the fact that the best way to contact your opponent is directly. (It works that way in draft alerts too).  

On to the policy.

There will be deadlines for each week’s set of roms. ******* The first deadline for this first season will be to post on this thread that you got it.

1st Violation: If an owner misses a deadline, he/she will be given a warning. 

2nd Violation: If an owner misses 2 deadlines in one season, the commissioner will then take away a gain (commissioner will choose after the rolls, and I will choose the one that hurts the offending team the most, commish discretion). If no gain roll is hit, I will choose one attribute from any player on the roster and drop it one notch.

3rd Violation: If an owner misses 3 deadlines in one season, all gain rolls and the security provided by earning a gain roll will be revoked. This will be done after rolls, so if you are a 3 time offender, you will see your rolls like normal and then I will apply the aging roll your players got (it will still be the same number rolled, but without the protection of earning the gain roll) AND the commish will choose one player that will get fully aged. Commish will pick the player that affects the team the most.

If an owner misses 4 deadlines in one season, that owner is BOOTED. Bye Felicia style.

This first season under it, I will implement an additional deadline for league members to post here

Now on to some questions that I think many will pose.

How much time will we have for the deadlines?

The actual deadlines will be posted on the rom release thread, but the format is as follows.

Weeks 1-4 need to be in by 3 weeks of the scheduled release day of week 4 by 11:59PM eastern.

Weeks 1-8 need to be in by 2 weeks of the scheduled release day of week 8 by 11:59pm eastern.

Weeks 1-12 need to be in by 1 week of the scheduled release day of week 12 by 11:59pm eastern.

Weeks 1-13 need to be in by 1 week of the scheduled release day of week 13 by 11:59pm eastern.

Weeks 1-14 need to be in by 1 week of the scheduled release day of week 14 by 11:59pm eastern.

All games will need to be in by 10 days of the final rom release by 11:59pm eastern.

What if my opponent was out on vacation?

That vacation should be known and any deadline violations related to it will be considered in laying (or not laying) down the hammer.

Is that a total of 8 games to be played for the deadline?

No, it means at the deadline, if it says weeks 1-8 need to be in, ALL games through week 8 need to be in.

******* The first deadline for this first season will be to post on this thread that you got it.

Owners that met 1st deadline:

kamphuna

tecmobo

cubsfan

prime

nos

thrash

swamp

jpthebowler

arnco EM

Barletti

Dukesta

tadaos

purplehaze

DT

drake

Gonickmontana5

MattyD

stalltalk

Eifer

Speed?

Middledoug

🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

got it

Gots 

Got it. Here we go again, a timeless debate. People have lives family and work nights like I do so it's not so easy for me personally. Should I resign now or wait until I'm booted and made an example of due to my particular circumstances?