Where to start? Been so long

Leebo2

Hey guys it's Leebo. I was a regular many years ago, and helped build the player stats/ teams for TRB2.

I haven't looked at this in a long time admittedly. My original login is lost to the void due to changing email addresses.

Anyway- I've been considering doing an AAF (Alliance of American Football ROM). I am a huge fan of the league (or was) and I had season tickets to the San Antonio Commanders. I consider myself somewhat of a historian/archivist now, and have dedicated a portion of my autograph website to the AAF. It's been gnawing at me recently, but how else could I best remember the league but by creating a ROM of it?

Please be patient with me but I do have a few general novice/ questions:

Has ROM editing become any easier- in the last say 10 years? Do I just open up Tecmo Bowl Manager and get rolling like I used to?

Can a rom be edited to 8 teams?
Can I force weather on a certain date? - such as when SLC plays ORL in SLC it has to be snow or memphis it's almost always raining.
Are helmets easier to customize or does it still do a mass dump?
Are playbooks eaiser to edit?

I'd also like to know if this laundry list of ideas is possible...

Mandatory 2 point conversions
No kickoffs- Ball placed at the 35
Slightly faster game play clock

The last I was on here I was building a Tecmo Fiesta Bowl ROM and an Ultimate WLAF team bowl- but the kicker is that it worked on TSB Ultra. Sadly the homebrew project stopped and I was sort of stuck in the water.

Hi, I'm not the best at ROM edits, but I can help with a few of these.

Can a rom be edited to 8 teams? - Yes, but it requires a lot of HEX edit shit I have no idea how to do lmao
Can I force weather on a certain date? - such as when SLC plays ORL in SLC it has to be snow or memphis it's almost always raining. - There's no weather in the NES version.  There is in the SNES, but that's a whole other can of worms.
Are helmets easier to customize or does it still do a mass dump? - Debatably.  I'm sure some guys here can edit helmets in their sleep, but I can't really do jack in sprite editing.
Are playbooks eaiser to edit?  Yes, you can just change them on the fly in TSBTool.

Mandatory 2 point conversions - Someone prolly has some code for this somewhere.
No kickoffs- Ball placed at the 35 - See above.
Slightly faster game play clock - You can edit the clock speed with this, as well as a few other factors.

TecmoHackSetter.jar