SNES_TSBTool (Snes TSB Rom Tool)

BAD_AL

SNES_TSBTool has arrived at version 1.2.

It requires the .Net Framework in order to run.

NEW!!!

Mr. NFL found out how to change the race in the cutscenes, http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10467

and I have modified SNES_TSBTool to change race in cutscenes!!!!!!!

Thank you Mr. NFL!!!

I'd like to say thanks to all the beta testers out there.

And a special thank you to Elway7 for finding the locations of the team formations and team offensive preferences.

SNES_TSBTool is a program that can modify the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl 1. It does NOT work with TSBIII.

Like with TSBTool, spreadsheets and text editors will come in very handy when manipulating the text input.

You can do the following with SNES_TSBTool:

1. Change Player names, jersey numbers and race (in game and in the cutscenes).

2. Change Player sim data.

3. Change Team sim data.

4. Change Team Offensive preference.

5. Change the teams' "Return Team" players.

6. Change a team's Punt returner and Kick returner.

7. Change the Schedule.

8. Change team Playbooks

9. Change Team Offensive Formations

10. Change the year.

It is backward compatible with TSBTool and works with TSBSeasonGen.

If you find any defects, please post the description in this thread.

If you need help using it, post a question.

SNES_TSBTool reads (and lists) plain text and applies it to a TSB snes ROM. Format looks like the following:

==============================================

TEAM = bills SimData=0xab0

QB1, qb BILLS, Face=0x52, #0, 25, 69, 13, 13, 56, 81, 81, 81 ,[3, 12, 3 ]

QB2, frank REICH, Face=0x22, #14, 25, 69, 13, 13, 31, 44, 25, 50 ,[3, 3, 2 ]

RB1, thurman THOMAS, Face=0x83, #34, 38, 69, 63, 25, 75, 50 ,[10, 7, 8, 8 ]

RB2, jamie MUELLER, Face=0x51, #41, 44, 69, 25, 88, 50, 25 ,[5, 3, 6, 2 ]

RB3, kenneth DAVIS, Face=0xa5, #23, 38, 69, 25, 19, 50, 31 ,[5, 2, 7, 2 ]

RB4, don SMITH, Face=0x8b, #30, 38, 69, 25, 19, 50, 31 ,[3, 3, 8, 2 ]

WR1, james LOFTON, Face=0x81, #80, 25, 69, 38, 13, 50, 56 ,[1, 8, 13, 6 ]

WR2, andre REED, Face=0xb6, #83, 25, 69, 56, 13, 56, 69 ,[1, 9, 10, 10 ]

# Schedule is specified like this:

WEEK 1

bills at dolphins

colts at patriots

jets at buccaneers

==============================================

The goal in using a plain text format is to allow other programs, spreadsheets, webpages, ect... to generate content targeting it.

SNES_TSBTool_1.2.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very nice indeed!!!! Thank you gentlemen :P

I have two glitches for you AL.

I'm using my 1978 rom...........

1) when I load the rom it says.... (year=1980) when I apply the rom, it changes the correct year of 1978 on the opening menu to 1980. This can be fixed through hex rather easily though. I just thought I'd let you know(an easy fix on your end?) :mrgreen:

2) The very last player.... DB2 for the 49ers is glitched

1) when I load the rom it says.... (year=1980) when I apply the rom, it changes the correct year of 1978 on the opening menu to 1980. This can be fixed through hex rather easily though. I just thought I'd let you know(an easy fix on your end?) :mrgreen:

I just corrected the last glitch through hex. I had a bunch of 49ers players from the 1993 version at the end of the last roster spot. Hanks, romanowski etc..... I just put FF in all the name spots and that corrected the glitch through the tool. I did notice one more thing when doing this....

When I applied the changes to the rom, it didn't display the players race properly. I closed the SNEStool ans reopened the rom. It then had the right display for the players race. Reapplied to rom and great success was achieved. Thanks again!!! Bad_Al and Mr.NFL for the race scenes. No more "black" Dan Pastorini or the "white" Doug Williams. :P8)

For #1, I get the year at location 0x2e16b. I'm not sure where this year is used in the game, but it's the lowest address of the year locations that I have. When I set the year, I set it at the following locations:

0x2e16b, 0x12329e, 0x123348, 0x171069

0x1712fb, 0x171332, 0x172c84, 0x172d02

0x172d3e, 0x172d5b, 0x172d1f.

So it may be the case that in your 1978 rom the year at location 0x2e16b was '1980', but everywhere else it was '1978'.

For #2, I know that in hex it looks like DB2 for the 9ers is glitched, but his name pointer is updated so in game his name should be fine.

Did you notice the 'glitch' in game or in a hex editor?

If you noticed the glitch in game, please send me the text so I can reproduce the defect.

Thanks Mr.NFL & BAD_AL, great job on moding the tbs tool. One step closer 2 making the (snes version) the best football game around, If onley someone from the heavens could make it a 32 team rom like it's god like nes cousin, thanks agine guys!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST TSB SITE ON THE NET, CAUSE THE GREAT PEOPLE HERE MAKE IT SO!!!!!!!!

THANKS SUP!!!

When I had the DB2 49ers glitch, here's how it worked in game.

When you tryed to load the 49ers' team data, it would be really slow, but eventually do it. In the spot of that player would be a blank, but if you click on the blank, you see the ratings you set (But no name)

The fun part is that I had that guy set to return punts, and a blank was there. So I tested it, and the game froze when I tryed to punt to him.

• 2 years later...

Thanks Al. Your tool has inspired me to start rom editing. I am currently working on a complete 1994 STB ROM. I'm beginning to delve into HEX editing as well. Had to resort to that to change the "Phoenix Cardinals" to the "Arizona Cardinals" (which they became in 1994). Between your editor and the Cardinals change, I should have everything I need to make it an accurate 1994 ROM. I can't wait to start playing more with the HEX editor to do future seasons with expansion teams and the like.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TecmoTurd. I will use the Supreme Tool moving forward if that is the agreed best SNES STB1 editor.

My friend and I experienced an error where all the stats doubled for a week 1 MAN vs. MAN game we played over the Internet. We were using my 1994 STB1 ROM and IND beat HOU. I realized IND then had a 2-0 record, plus all the stats were doubled.... right down to Bucky Richardson throwing 6 INT's (which did not happen - he only threw 3). Anybody ever see this? We're going to do more testing to see if it will happen again, but if you guys know what's going on here, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Don't use the SNES version of the tool, use the supreme tool (edits NES, SNES)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12655&hilit=tsbtool

Some day I'm going to add team name support (and uniform editing and stuff) to this. But for now, this is still the most stable version...

TecmoTurd,

How were you planning to add this?

A spreadsheet generator?

De-compine MISL code, make changes, recompile code?

Give me a PM and we can discuss it.

Decmpile. I wouldn't have done this without permission, but you gave me said permission to recompile and make changes a long time ago. Hope it's still cool. I felt like I could rewrite some of the stuff and add SNES support for some of the things that were missing. Happy to discuss!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png