Hartford CT - retroworld expo 9/28-29th ULTIMATE GAMER CHALLENGE

arncoem

67919851_2486707438231878_91348570816213

https://www.facebook.com/events/370188740258415/?ti=ia

first year for this event as it’s a 2 day convention w/ over 20 games tournament style or race! 

Hartford Convention Center 

100 Columbus BLVD

Hartford, CT 

Saturday Sept 28

12:00p – 3:00p Pool Play
3:00 – 6:00p Single Eliminations Matches
6:00 – 7:00p Championship Finals

Registration Fee is $25. Split 50% for 1st, 30% 2nd, 20% 3rd
The NorthEast Tecmo SuperBowl Championships is hosted by Northeast Tecmo SuperBowl Association. The game is played on original NES systems. 
Sign ups for the tournament will take place at the Tournament Registration Booth on the show floor the day of the event. 
For Complete Rule Set Click Here

• 2 months later...

https://retroworldexpo.com/

Next Saturday! I will be setting up next Friday and have some guest passes for free entrance to the event for my online guys that show up! 

they have tons of stuff going on both days Saturday & Sunday! 

Tecmo Super  Bowl will Be Saturday 11am - 6pm 

Edited by arncoem

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

I wonder how many people at ESPN are still into Tecmo? This is a short drive from Bristol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arda Ocal will be involved on some level.  He does a lot of panels at these types of events.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, Knobbe said:

I wonder how many people at ESPN are still into Tecmo? This is a short drive from Bristol.

Unfort haven’t received much love from ESPN.  Being approx 5 min away from Blackstone, where tourney is & ESPN hosts / crew go there all of the time too. 

Thought we had had a good chance at them coming when Rob reale was working as camera man there / he tried and spread the word to everyone but their feelings were that it’s really dope we are going to do tecmo tourneys but being a Saturday during NCAA football & towards end of NFL Season they must be slammed w work & not able to spend a full Saturday away from the station / campus. 

Couple of the guys - Steve Young + few others that are in TSB were in the 20-30k range to have them there for the day so unfort not in the budget.  

Would REALLY like to get Grogan or Marv Cook there one of these years.  I’ve reached out to pretty much every former NFL  that is in TSB & from CT but unfort no responses - thought Doug Widell might have jumped on it but he must already Be booked for video game appearances that date.