Chicago, IL - 9/14/19 - Tecmo Super Bowl Hardcore Championship

12 hours ago, ImFlo said:

No shame in my Cleveland Browns 1 seed season.

No doubt, you could put the controller down against Houston with Cleveland's defense vs Houston and have a similar result.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, allamerican1569 said:

Here are the NES sports games up for grabs for the top 20 players after group play:

296B3F72-DD7F-4B0E-A91A-7E8C4C74CFB9.jpeg

Yes! I either want Tecmo Baseball since I haven't played that since I was in 3rd grade (and I loved it then). Or I want Tecmo NBA Basketball because that's the next big tournament scene!

Is anyone planning on coming and paying cash that I did not put on this registration list?  These are all the players that registered online.

Registered Players:

-Tom Stahnke

-Phil (DMen Tap)

-Flo

-Hank the Tank

-Pistol Pete

-Levi (Nelson 79)

-Leif Powers

-Mort

-Joseph (Green Majik)

-DPS

-Carter F.

-Todd D.  (immortal / pig)

-Basillios

-Ed Pevos

-Nick T.

-Troy E.

-Slapshot Sean

-Robert J.

-Adam M.

-Troy GBLAN

-Kevin P

Edited by allamerican1569

10 hours ago, allamerican1569 said:

Is anyone planning on coming and paying cash that I did not put on this registration list?  These are all the players that registered online.

Registered Players:

-Tom Stahnke

-Phil (DMen Tap)

-Flo

-Hank the Tank

-Pistol Pete

-Levi (Nelson 79)

-Leif Powers

-Mort

-Joseph (Green Majik)

-DPS

-Carter F.

-Todd D.  (immortal / pig)

-Basillios

-Ed Pevos

-Nick T.

-Troy E.

-Slapshot Sean

-Robert J.

-Adam M.

-Troy GBLAN

-Kevin P

What happened to Darth and reg 

I had a tremendous time all weekend.  After visiting Galloping Ghost Arcade for the first time, I rocked it out with Kevin Cab, Mort, and Tom S for some pick up games of Tecmo, NHL94, and Street Fighter 2.

Saturday was very well run, enough systems for everyone there, and the folks working at DMEN were fast and friendly as per usual.

I got plenty of pick up games of other titles after getting eliminated, and spent some time on the mic.  On that note, the Mortal Kombat 2 streak on Genesis is over.  Finally someone walked in the door and beat me, although it took about 25 matches before it happened.  I was pleased to have found a new MK sparring buddy.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Eric Vostal and Troy Jaime Frisque, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

My only  constructive criticism is only the duration of the tournament drags on(nearly 11 hours), mainly from the best 2/3 series.  The event was about 10-11 hours long, which poses some problems for those that try to make single day trips and want to drive back safely.  Believe me when I say this was an amazing time.  There are lots of ways to trim this down, and you have all year to figure out how that will work moving forward.

On the day I had group play victories against Mort, Todd Daniels(Pig), and Green Majik, and dropped group play games to Nelson79 and Fast Ed.

I lost 2/3 to Shallahbey, who snuck out a last moment score on 4th down in game one to take it.  I responded in game two, then dropped a tough tough game 3.  GG to him.

In what will forever be known as the weirdest interview I've ever conducted, in what looks like a wedding ceremony between myself and @joeygats, the championship ring is put on his finger, and it gets stuck.  He did get it off his finger off camera, and we continued on.  A big congrats to the GOAT, who has since learned from his past hardcore woes, and adapted his game to get the championship this time around.

70148762_875047329544876_6173351898372898816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlciISSEQpvqKA0x3Fkgdtg9NCTQq4IhIUt5TwpmgNOOH-KXa8L9KSysn_ci9VYz1Y&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=58968d03bbbe242d6f415d767c40e2b3&oe=5E0EB609

Thanks to Tom for letting Carter and I crash at your pad.   Carter(he's 11, doesn't play Tecmo) played and even won a game against @NMUFred, so that was neat.  Afterward he and I spent some time on the mic as we were both out of the tournament.

Image may contain: 3 people, indoor

Can't wait to see most of you in Green Bay October 19th!  Great job guys!

• Knobbe unpinned this topic

Again I wanted to thank the whole crew, Phil, Tom, Mort, and others were all moving kit around while the rest of us were playing. trojan1979 and others for the stream setup, looking through it real quick things turned out well on both.

Of course we should credit the experienced players for also keeping it moving. Had a lot of Tecmo and other pickup games on the side which was great for all the players. We were recruiting new players all through out the day.

For those of you who have not been to this venue, it is not large but it is well equipped and obviously the league they run there has things decently well set up, not any space issues with the attendance. Temps were pretty good despite the number of people. I did not get a chance to currywurst due to the amount of gaming!

Awards

Breakout Performer- Green Majik able to best Mort to make his way to the finals

Sir Drinksalot- ??? Maybe someone earned this later after I left

Sir Not Appearing in this tournament- Regulator WTF happened?

Most Entertaining- Flo

Longest Journey- Levi this journey included returning to work at 4 AM before he was able to make it home

Doctor- Kevin Cabarello

Edited by hankthetank