I don't know what the hell happened here - Interesting softlock?

So I was playing the original TSB, trying to complete a Super Bowl run with the Eagles (QB Eagles FTW), when something strange happened.

We were playing against Tampa Bay. It was the first play from scrimmage. Testaverde threw the ball, trying to find a connection with his TE, Hall... and it fell incomplete. Okay, not too big of a surprise, my guys were on him. But then something strange happened.

Tecmo_Super_Bowl-2.thumb.png.bcf7e4492141155fed5ed52e3eaffcc9.png

The play didn't stop.

No ref blew a whistle, no verdict was given on the completion status of the ball. It was just sitting there in the middle of the field doing nothing. No "FUMBLE!" announcement, nothing. I could still run around and stuff but I couldn't pick the ball up. It's the weirdest thing to happen to me when playing this classic game.

I have a savestate and photo proof here.

(Before you ask, the clock hit 0:00 because NOBODY COULD PICK IT UP so the 5 minutes expired with it STILL ON THE GROUND.)

Tecmo_Super_Bowl-1.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, MineRobber___T said:

I have a savestate and photo proof here.

There is no doubt this happened as these types of glitches will happen on the cart.

For future reference though a .sav file is essentially the battery save of a season and not the state of a game in progress.  If you have a movie file or a save state file, that would show the glitch.