(NES) Goji's NFL Tecmo Super Bowl LIV

gojiphen malor

Hey @gojiphen malor 

Just love the rom(s) so far.

I appreciate that the scores are super varied and realistic (I get 45-38 games and 14-10 games). I play (watch, really) on standard mode 6 min quarters

I want to do one last com vs com run before the season starts and was wondering when the next update will be.

Fyi beta ROM 1.0 had Dallas over NE in the super bowl (cleveland and Detroit (!) In the championship games)

As always no pressure! And thanks for what you do!

Edited by buffalo_tox

2 hours ago, buffalo_tox said:

Hey @gojiphen malor 

Just love the rom(s) so far.

I appreciate that the scores are super varied and realistic (I get 45-38 games and 14-10 games). I play (watch, really) on standard mode 6 min quarters

I want to do one last com vs com run before the season starts and was wondering when the next update will be.

Fyi beta ROM 1.0 had Dallas over NE in the super bowl (cleveland and Detroit (!) In the championship games)

As always no pressure! And thanks for what you do!

Glad you are enjoying! I don't have anything planned until there is a significant roster move, or when cutdowns happen closer to the preseason. All quiet for now so game up on 1.0 a bit more. I'm sure there will be plenty to come.

2 hours ago, ljb1803 said:

Thank you for creating this file. I was wondering how I could purchase a standard NES cartridge for this season. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you again. 

Soon probably.. the cart makers are waiting to get the opening day roster i think.

This is Drew Stanton speaking, here:

Chop !  Chop !

13 hours ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

I assume Baker got injured?

Chef may field questions as to that;  I am not here to deliberate on his salad.

Ok - I am ready to reveal my findings (but not all), to Joe Public.

As they say in West Dallas... Then again, if you go to East Tokyo... But if you take it to The Land, why - all I gotta say is - this ROM is some kinda Wild & Entertaining ride, with Yours Truly rockin' the CB's helm

Midland-1001LWX-Review.jpeg?fit=500,325&Midland-1001LWX-Review.jpeg?fit=500,325&

Led MY team, I did - that's, MY team - to an 11-5 mark...  For all who are clamoring for the Baked Potato, let's not forget to compare our side-by-side EOS stats, shall we?

1623210942_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)FunnyMan.thumb.png.401cd7cff3ba763f48c9e4b007164c7e.png1655824264_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)baker.thumb.png.614e67eab8853ac47dfcfec8d30a0ac8.png

Ok, you may have a point there...  At any rate, speaking of Cardinals, I bested that dragon-breath behemoth Brett Hundley's mark of 9-7.  And now let's compare our (all's) EOS stats:

On 6/30/2019 at 2:28 AM, Bolt said:

1255857944_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA0.6)(JuicedVersion)Hu.thumb.png.54fe0305bd9927083a0a0bb8742248ce.pngGoji's NFL Tecmo Super Bowl LIV (BETA 0.6) (Juiced Version)Ky.png

Ok - you Doogie got a point, there...

Butlookeyhere, darnit:

932081026_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)Cle1b.thumb.png.693ac5bc8217ba43de2ba4a01346f809.png  *

WildCard, banana fries.  ~Strangely, all WC games this year seemed to go to Overtime... Mine, too.~  What did I do about it, ye say?  Well, only throw 3 picks in the OT period, is all.  The third of these turned out to be the Game-Winner, as Malcolm Butler picked it off around his own 5 yard-line, only to be worked into the end zone {grapple, Miguel} - Safety-style!...  That was very "me" of me.  (Very Malcolm Butler of Malcolm Butler, too.)

*There is an asterisk next to this result.

578129149_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)Cle2b.thumb.png.4314aa8e5dc2ddb363ba61c33cd8ab56.png  *

Best thing I remember about this game was, earlier in the day I heard some feller named "Frank Dukes" being interviewed (over radio).

Then, the same guy who did merely this 1466761064_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)Duke.thumb.png.f64ff4221cdcedb6042816d95519d0e1.png all of regular-season, busts off an amazing 63-yarder, to lovely brown paydirt.

Weird but True.

*There is another asterisk next to this result.

867697990_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)Cle3.thumb.png.0ba3bae955131eafb06dbf8f74a1ba11.png

Thankfully, I went back to my glorious INT ways, in this here Won.

Now, as for the Championship Game:  Let me just say that the Rams are a tough out.  We played 'em even for the first half - it was tied 21's at halftime (I think) - with Your EXCELLENCY rocketing 100% complete;  then...

1523139023_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)Fifi.thumb.png.327716a5fe001374aee9b4bad8efa2b8.png329143231_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)INTTDguy.thumb.png.d9020dd35aa79e604d6bd182b79c99bb.png

G'nite.

*BETA 1.2 UPDATE*

*Rosters 8/1/19
- Jersey number corrections
- More accurate depth charts
- Player rating adjustments
- Players added :

Bills - TE, tyler KROFT

Dolphins - G, kyle FULLER

Jets - TE, ryan GRIFFIN, C, ryan KALIL (#)

Bengals - WR, cody CORE, G, john JERRY, G, alex REDMOND

Jaguars - LB, d.j. ALEXANDER

Broncos - RB, theo RIDDICK (#)

Chargers - P, tyler NEWSOME

Redskins - LB, jonathan BOSTIC

Giants - RB, elijhaa PENNY, WR, russell SHEPARD

Cowboys - RB, alfred MORRIS, TE, dalton SCHULTZ

Bears - K, elliott FRY

Lions - TE, logan THOMAS, DL, mike DANIELS

Packers - DL, montravius ADAMS

Seahawks - K, jason MYERS

(#) ~ Waiting on correct jersey numbers. Still leaving off a couple of the Patriots rookies in this instance.

Thanks for playing! The season is almost upon us. I'll keep the rosters cooking.

Follow on Twitter for the latest news and updates :

https://twitter.com/GojiPhen

ENJOY!

WATSON1.jpg

giphy.gif

Edited by gojiphen malor

On 7/24/2019 at 11:44 AM, ljb1803 said:

Awesome. Thanks. 

On 7/24/2019 at 8:16 AM, ljb1803 said:

Thank you for creating this file. I was wondering how I could purchase a standard NES cartridge for this season. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you again. 

Could always buy a flash cart or mod a wii.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:00 AM, Bolt said:

Now, as for the Championship Game:  Let me just say that the Rams are a tough out.  We played 'em even for the first half - it was tied 21's at halftime (I think) - with Your EXCELLENCY rocketing 100% complete;  then...

1988368890_GojisNFLTecmoSuperBowlLIV(BETA1.0)(JuicedVersion)SLAP!.thumb.png.1b02f105b2829a783a47e42df92115b3.png

tenor.gif