Columbus, OH - 05/18/19 - Tupa Bowl V

•  
  •  

WHAT: Tecmo Columbus - TUPA BOWL V - Tecmo Super Bowl (NES) Tournament

WHEN: Saturday, May 18th, 2019  (Doors Open at 9:30am, Tournament Games begin at 10:30am)

WHERE: Grandad's Pizza and Pub - 4093 Trueman Blvd Hilliard OH 43215

BUY-IN: Division 1-$35     Division 2-$20   (Includes Tournament T-Shirt) SOLD OUT OF TOURNAMENT T-SHIRTS!!!

REGISTRATION: Located in the "Registration" tab on the TecmoColumbus.com website. Fill out the form as well as clicking the Payment option button corresponding to what division you'd like to play. Registrations are considered incomplete without both the form and the payment completed. This is to help tournament administrators determine the number of entrants, t-shirt sizes, group pairings, payouts, etc. 

RULES: Madison Rules - Madison Rules

FORMAT:

Round Robin:

Participants will be placed into either four or five-man round robin groups. Groups will be determined based on their skill level chosen on the registration form page.

Bracket Play:

Participants will be seeded based on their win-loss record and point differential from their round robin games. There will be play-in games that will determine who makes a double-elimination bracket for top cash prizes, and a single-elimination consolation bracket for smaller cash prizes (tournament brackets based on the number of participants). 

CASH PRIZES: (subject to change)

Division 1 (min. $500 pool)

1st - $350

2nd - $150

3rd - $75

Division 2 (min. $250 pool)

1st - $150

1st - $75

3rd - $25

We will also be raffling off various football and video game memorabilia, with all $$$ going towards the prize pool. 

(i.e. 100% payout. The more you put in, the more goes towards the payout!)

LIVE STREAM:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g - RetroSportsGamer

twitch.tv/kevincabarello

Edited by kevincabarello

• Knobbe pinned this topic

There is a good chance that i get to go to this event and if i do so i plan on winning it and getting a tattoo celebrating my victory on my butt.

Edited by hankthetank
It's not a tattoo of my butt it's a tattoo on my butt

11 hours ago, hankthetank said:

There is a good chance that i get to go to this event and if i do so i plan on winning it and getting a tattoo celebrating my victory of my butt.

Were def in trying to see who will ride along to chicago to meet with mort and drive with him rest of way.. lets make  this the biggest turnout yet 

14 hours ago, hankthetank said:

There is a good chance that i get to go to this event and if i do so i plan on winning it and getting a tattoo celebrating my victory of my butt.

? Hank please say this was a typo and you are planning on winning with “Butts” - as in Marion - lots of other potential places to get a tattoo where other people could see without you going to jail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 12:09 AM, kevincabarello said:

We've got an Ernest Byner autographed Cleveland Browns jersey in the raffle for Tupa Bowl! Make sure to sign up and come on down, but don't fumble your way to the event!

byner.jpg

?

I've been slacking, will sign up soon. Any list of participants?

On 5/5/2019 at 11:15 PM, JimSocks13 said:

?

I've been slacking, will sign up soon. Any list of participants?

Not to spoil too much, but as of Saturday May 12, here is the list of registered Division I Participants:

Joey Gats

Tecmo Psycho

Mort

Red98sethuthut

Ultimate Weapon

RetroSportsGamerTom

Woodshed

JimSocks

Hank The Tank

Ol' Dirty Tecmo

KevinCabarello

Tugboat

Kevin Molnar

Eric Kuhlman

Kyle Kuhlman

Basilios Batsios

Anthony Cardarelli

The Grecian Machine

Eric Heidenrich

Edited by kevincabarello

Hey Yo myself Gats, Mort, and Retro Tom will be gracing you EST clowns with our presence Saturday May 18th at Grandad's Pizza and Pub in Columbus.  Now obviously that will be the Final Four and i challenge any of you bozos from Ohio to stop us.  Gats might be the greatest Tecmo Player of all time, Mort is the returning champion, Tom is a great player in his own right, and unless you've been living under a rock the last few months you would know i'm the hottest player in Tecmo right now undefeated in my last two tournaments.  We're even bringing another guy in to win Division 2 and i'll bring a copy of Dr. Mario so i can dominate another game as well.  If anyone who isn't signed up yet thinks they can prove me wrong it's Saturday May 18th at Grandad's Pizza and Pub in Columbus don't ya dare miss it and just in case any of you locals don't get it.

Tournament T-shirts for our upcoming Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament - Tupa Bowl V are SOLD OUT! If you have not signed up for the tournament on Saturday, May 18th - in lieu of this rapid increase in participants - you will receive $5 worth of tickets towards our raffle prizes, including the Bo Jackson and Ernest Byner autographed jerseys! We apologize for the inconvenience if you have not registered yet, but we appreciate all of your tremendous support of Tecmo Columbus the past five years. We look forward to seeing you this Saturday!

http://www.tecmocolumbus.com/registration.html

Edited by kevincabarello

On 5/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, hankthetank said:

Hey Yo myself Gats, Mort, and Retro Tom will be gracing you EST clowns with our presence Saturday May 18th at Grandad's Pizza and Pub in Columbus.  Now obviously that will be the Final Four and i challenge any of you bozos from Ohio to stop us.  Gats might be the greatest Tecmo Player of all time, Mort is the returning champion, Tom is a great player in his own right, and unless you've been living under a rock the last few months you would know i'm the hottest player in Tecmo right now undefeated in my last two tournaments.  We're even bringing another guy in to win Division 2 and i'll bring a copy of Dr. Mario so i can dominate another game as well.  If anyone who isn't signed up yet thinks they can prove me wrong it's Saturday May 18th at Grandad's Pizza and Pub in Columbus don't ya dare miss it and just in case any of you locals don't get it.

ZomboMeme 17052019163909.jpg

• Knobbe unpinned this topic