(SNES) Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - All-Time Greats: '98 Expansion

Darth Brett

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - All-Time Greats: '98 Expansion

View File

This is the '98 expansion edition of my All-Time Greats hacked ROM of KGB. 

It plays and was designed to be exactly the same as the regular version and player ratings and stats also use the same system I used for the regular All-Time Greats edition.

**A few special things to note**

I wanted Arizona and Tampa Bay to have similar uniform looks to what they have in real life. But until I learn how to hex edit, we are forced to use the game's default designs. Because of those limitations, I ended up replacing the Houston Astros with the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays and the Texas Rangers with the Arizona Diamondbacks. So while the stadiums and uniform looks of those 2 teams are semi-accurate or as close to what they can be or what they should be - obviously the Rays are in NL and the Diamondbacks are in the AL in my version of the game. For exhibition play, this won't be an issue since you can simply turn on or off the DH rule. But for season play, the Rays will be DH-less and playing against NL teams and the D-Backs will have a DH and be battling AL teams. But at least the teams are present and their all-time rosters can be played with. Of course since the original game also only enables you to pick from 28 teams, this also means this '98 Expansion Edition won't allow you to play the Astros or Rangers vs the Rays or D-Backs. 

I would also love to replace the Houston and Texas logos at some point with Arizona and TB's so they will be accurate. As well as also attempt to change the team names on the gameplay screens and standings screens so they will be accurate as well. I need to learn how to edit with the hex editors and SNES palettes and need help with that though. So that would be included in a later update of this ROM if and when I am able to figure that stuff out.  

As always, any feedback, criticism or suggestions is extremely welcome!

ENJOY!!! And "Play Ball!"

Ken Griffey Jr. All-Time Edition '98 Expansion.smc

Ken Griffey Jr. All-Time Edition '98 Expansion.smc

• 1 year later...

Hi there.  Thank you for sharing this! I am a little confused when it comes to Ken Griffey's Baseball.  When I play this updated game, there are no names assigned to rosters (similar to the original game) - Yet, when I look at your screenshots, I can see the names of all the greats.  Is there something I must do in-game to populate player names?

On 6/9/2020 at 5:50 PM, adc2k2 said:

Hi there.  Thank you for sharing this! I am a little confused when it comes to Ken Griffey's Baseball.  When I play this updated game, there are no names assigned to rosters (similar to the original game) - Yet, when I look at your screenshots, I can see the names of all the greats.  Is there something I must do in-game to populate player names?

I think this is common, but not sure what causes it. There is an easy trick that should fix it though. Try going into the Team Edit option and reset each roster for each specific team. I believe this will load up the rosters.

I am not sure what causes this, but I believe it only happens on certain emulators. I never have the issue when playing hacks on my SNES Classic, but then have to do the reset trick when using ZSNES9x on my PC desktop. 

Anyways, thanks for downloading, enjoy thr game and I hope that helps you out! Let me know if that works or not.