Green Bay, WI - 01/25/20 - Tundra Bowl VII - TSB National Championship Presented by Game Trade

UPDATE (that none of you asked for and very few will care about) My 2v2 partner has deserted me( @randywags25). His brother Scott is able to make Tundra Bowl so we agreed they should play together because I mean it's 2v2 and playing with your brother is awesome. So My partner in 2v2 tecmo will be none other than the Legendary @red98sethuthut!

20 hours ago, noonan said:

More snow along my route than what is in GB.

Yeah, I'll probably make the trip. Find a spot for me in either division. I probably belong in D1, against my better judgement.

Is Kyle riding shotgun or you flying solo?

Here are your official 2 vs 2 team names

Funk Daddy - Chris K. (PunkyQB) & Tim P. (n/a)
5 Finger Death Tunch - Kris S. (SammieSmith33) & Kramer J. (RypienUANew1)
Northern Exposure  - David T. (DT) & Pete T. (Ptitteri)
Bear Down - Jared M. (TundraYeti) & Tim O. (TimPapi)
Wolfpack of 2 - Tim A. (TAStryker) & Nick S. (Sanchez)
El Diablo and the Magic Man - Jon H. (MadTownSpliffStars) & Erik M. (ArncoEM)
Wang Cover - Tim U. (TheShield) & Justin P. (JustinPeters51)
Clown Baby - Jordan W. (Woodshed) & Jimmy P. (JimSocks)
gg - Tyler G. (n/a) & Jesse G. (n/a)
Philly Gs - Joey C. (JoeyGats) & Jeff G. (TecmoBo)
Dirty Dogz - Matt D. (Ol' Dirty Tecmo) & David B. (Bruddog)
Swipe Right - Jeff E. (JEBigRed) & Matt T. (CasualT)
Mad Dog 2020 - Dan S. (DPS) & Lou B (Red98SetHutHut)
Crossing Route - Levi L. (Nelson79) & Kevin H. (KevinCabarello)
The Bushwackers - Hank D. (HankTheTank) & Troy E. (NMUFred)
Nature Lite - Travis B. (Tick) & Jake I. (BeefJuice)
The Bash Brothers - Randy W (RandyWags) & Scott W (n/a)
No Treble - Ed P. (FastEd7070) & Basilios B. (AlphaTD)
Fly like an Eagle - Tony S. (Lakitu) & Rob C (n/a)

A letter to the Tecmo Super Bowl Community...

Thank you. These are the words that continue to go through my mind as I write to you the day after Tundra Bowl VII. The entire Tundra Bowl team does what we do because we enjoy putting on a Tecmo experience for everyone to come and savor the camaraderie that's been built over playing a game nearly 30 years old. You are the reason we do what we do. Many of us have jobs that require a lot of time and energy, families that take priority, and other life circumstances that allow very few opportunities to gather in space with others outside of everyday life in this capacity. We do this for you, and our goal is that we always put on the best show we can. A special thank you to the families that allow us to engage in this beautiful game once a year.

In our first year as the Tecmo Super Bowl National Championship, we saw our stream reach TENS of THOUSANDS of people across social media platforms, with our videos being watched, at last count, OVER 15,000 times. We set a new Tundra Bowl record with 81 players, and we have continued to have great growth every year since our inception. Over the last two tournaments, we have raised OVER $1,100 for My Brother's Keeper Inc. with your contributions. Without your support, we wouldn't have become the largest TSB tournament in the world as we have, nor as widely-recognized. Again, such gratitude for the Tecmo community that have continued to work alongside us, and spread the word about their experiences at our tournament.

As we reflect, I want to take a moment to thank our sponsors that have continued to rally around Tundra Bowl, propelling it forward in all accounts. Thank you to The Watering Hole - Green Bay, WI for hosting ALL SEVEN Tundra Bowls so far - you and your staff have been amazingly hospitable for every single one of our tournaments. Thank you to main event sponsor Game Trade for their amazing support! Aunt Ethel's provided gift certificates for so many in attendance, and have been gracious hosts the last two years for us, both for the satellite tourney, and the after party! Team Apparel & Specialties provides the excellent shirts you get every year. Card & Coin and The Game Capital continue to come up huge for us, and new sponsors and event supporters CARCADE & Midwest Gaming Classic were just the icing on the cake to the whole event! Thank you too all our sponsors! Also, want to send a special shout out to the news stations that continue to cover our event - WFRV Local 5 for having us live in studio every year! WLUK-TV FOX 11 for always covering gameday, and also thank you to The Press Times for their soon-to-be-published article!

This all could not be possible without the Tundra Team. Brian Swagel and I had this dream to take it public years ago, and so grateful we did. Thank you for all the graphic design you provide, and all the gameday help! The madman you see running around is Michael, and he runs our gameday ops like a champ. Stephen provides the brackets you see on Challonge, and all of our analytics with bracket seeding. Jon is our phenomenal tech operator, in charge of the stream, and was assisted by David helping out at his first Tundra. Jon - QBBrowns - always comes up huge with the seeding and group structure, and the Voice of Tundra, Dave provides the voice you have all come to know and love at the forefront of our video streams. Thank you to Jake for hopping on this stream this year as well! All of these gentlemen provide a level of commitment, dedication, and work-ethic that provides results that are second-to-none. A special thank you goes out to David for his continued Tecmo analytics, and helping with gameday structures and stats. Thank you also to Matt and David for your continued support in getting the word out to everyone!

As we wrap this year, and look to the future, we are humbled and grateful to be your Tecmo Super Bowl National Championship. Whether we have 50, 80, or 100+, we are dedicated to providing you a Tecmo experience that is first rate, and world-class. I appreciate each one of you that continue to support our endeavors, and look forward to the bright future our tournament has! Hope to see you all next year!

Nate Smithson

Tundra Bowl - Tournament Director

Edited by RetroNathan

I'd like to post the Dr. Mario Tournament Results 

A lot of Players were unable to continue because they were busy playing 2 on 2 Tecmo or Retromania

Format Level 10 MED 1 Match (First to 3 Crowns)

Round 1

Kevin C. beat Beefjuice by Forfeit

Tommy beat Tim Papi by Forfeit

Hawkeye beat Shannon 3-0

Swaggs beat DPS 3-2

Hank beat Lou 3-0

Levi beat Peters 3-0

TecmoBo beat Aaron 3-0

DT beat Evers by Forfeit

Round 2

Kevin C. beat Tommy 3-2

Hawkeye beat Swaggs 3-1