War Machine

Tecmo 2K Ideas and Improvements (All opinions welcome!)

All,

With season 3 being the last season before the extended break, it is a good time to start thinking about improvements for the league when season 4 kicks off in September.  So with that being said, I want to hear from you guys.  The league is only as good as its owners so I would like to open it up to all of you to provide feedback on what things work/dont work or what ideas you would like to see come to fruition.   DISCALIMER:  Just because you post an idea doesnt mean it will be implemented but doesnt make it a bad idea.  I like to be creative but I also dont want to be too extreme one way or another. 

To help facilitate some of this, here are some general topics.  You dont have to reply with opinions on any of these.  Its just there to help trigger ideas or opinions.

1.  14 game vs 16 game schedule

2.  Pace (too fast, too slow, just right)

3.  Tiered Divisions?  you like, dont like

4.  Ratings... Season 1 was fast, and 2-3 are closer to OG.  You like the season 1 feel or prefer S2/S3?

5.  Playoffs- call outs or prefer standard seeding?

6.  More playoff teams?  8 out of 20... Add one more spot?

7.  Extended break... like the idea or prefer keep it going?

8.  Expansion.  have 10 on wait list.... Would like to try for full 32?

9.  Hacks- 2point, XP distance opinions/improvements or any other hack ideas.

All opinions are welcome.  Good or bad!  Trust me, i dont get offended so lay it on!

——————————————————

List from thread:

1.  Draft doc

2.  Draft tiers

War, you did an amazing job, as always, with the 2K league over the past 2 seasons and into season 3.

I would prefer a 16 game schedule with a full 32 team league if the interest is there.  If this were to happen, I'd prefer divisions and playoff seeding to be like the NFL.  If we don't expand, don't change a thing, as it's just about perfect.  

Love the extended break over the summer.  

-I like the 16 game schedule better as it gives teams a better chance to overcome bad luck or key injuries

-pace is fine

-like a lot it's what makes it unique

4.  Ratings... Season 1 was fast, and 2-3 are closer to OG.  You like the season 1 feel or prefer S2/S3?

-s2

-call outs again it's what makes the league unique

-no 6 teams is great.  if anything add 1 more team and have 6/7 do a play in game

-fine with me

-no i don't like expansion in this tiered format with promotion/relegation system.  what i would to see is the last place in bronze gets relegated to the wait list and a new owner comes in to replace them.  it will always bring in a new face to the league every season and give them a shot to move up the tiers.  new owner gets put in the top draft tier regardless of skill level.  if you don't want to get relegated then don't finish dead last what can I say?

-i liked the move out to the 3 yard line for XP making it a little harder for 2 pt conversions

Overall this league is amazing and you're doing an excellent job running.  keep up the good work my man!

• I like that this league is different then other leagues.   The tier system is fun as well as the call outs.   
  • I'm a fan of the break for summer.  Good way to balance life and tecmo during the busy summer months. 
  • 32 would be ideal if the support is there.   

Great job with the league and coordinating everything!    Really a quality experience.

• My one suggestion for improvement would be to perhaps modify the draft doc format a bit. I have a hard looking up the tandem information when the tandems are in the same column.  Having them on the same row is easier to view and filter.   Perhaps this is just personal preference I'm not sure. I use filters to view who is available and have a hard time doing that with the 2k doc.   HSTL usually does the format below which is easier to view.    If it's a lot of work no sense in changing it.  I only bring up cuz of the request for feedback.   

Tandems on the same row example (RB/DB)  (Preferred)    

image.thumb.png.f5cd0f0b18faf71ea4fab30e519ad70d.png

11 minutes ago, Darth RockMan said:
  • I like that this league is different then other leagues.   The tier system is fun as well as the call outs.   
  • I'm a fan of the break for summer.  Good way to balance life and tecmo during the busy summer months. 
  • 32 would be ideal if the support is there.   

Great job with the league and coordinating everything!    Really a quality experience.

• My one suggestion for improvement would be to perhaps modify the draft doc format a bit. I have a hard looking up the tandem information when the tandems are in the same column.  Having them on the same row is easier to view and filter.   Perhaps this is just personal preference I'm not sure. I use filters to view who is available and have a hard time doing that with the 2k doc.   HSTL usually does the format below which is easier to view.    If it's a lot of work no sense in changing it.  I only bring up cuz of the request for feedback.   

Tandems on the same row example (RB/DB)  (Preferred)    

image.thumb.png.f5cd0f0b18faf71ea4fab30e519ad70d.png

I second that, the doc is very hard to read, especially on mobile!

great pacing IMO given the majority of people have multiple leagues to deal with.

It's OK.

I'm cool with whatever

call outs are a unique feature I can appreciate

yes more teams in playoffs bring more chances for tecmo to shake shit up

The NFL has a break... why not have one here (other leagues don't take breaks)

yep 32 would be great, spread the talent around

9.  Hacks- 2point, XP distance opinions/improvements or any other hack ideas

no fumble hack? J/k keep up the good work

Thanks for info on draft doc!  I considered that but I was also trying to fit the individual rankings on the same tab to avoid a bunch of extra tabs in case you just wanted to see best available WR or whatever.  All in one tab.

But definitely will consider changing it if it’s helps!

From Drake on discord (I’m paraphrasing the points):

Draft slots should be tweaked.  2nd in platinum shouldnt get a higher pick than 1st in bronze for example.

maybe split silver/bronze and plat/gold into their own halves somehow, and order them that way - div winners 1 and 2, playoffs and best records down the line...so bronze would get 9 and silver 10, gold 19, plat 20... something like that.

See response to 3

Just right.

3.  Tiered Divisions?  

Fine with the current structure. I think if it went to 16 games or 32 teams it won’t make sense.

Season 1.

Call outs.

More only if we expand.

LIKE!

Whatever the league will bear. 

Could list a ton but the faster Interception return hack would be # one.

Fix all the bad bugs...overthrow int bug. Avoid kick block bug. Avoid pass block bug.

1.  14 game vs 16 game schedule - indifferent

2.  Pace (too fast, too slow, just right) - just right

3.  Tiered Divisions?  you like, dont like - like tiers, just need a bit of tweaking per above

4.  Ratings... Season 1 was fast, and 2-3 are closer to OG.  You like the season 1 feel or prefer S2/S3? - Indifferent

5.  Playoffs- call outs or prefer standard seeding? - Call outs, simply for something different

6.  More playoff teams?  8 out of 20... Add one more spot? - no

7.  Extended break... like the idea or prefer keep it going? - A break to give you time to rerate and recalibrate is def necessary, though how long is debatable.

8.  Expansion.  have 10 on wait list.... Would like to try for full 32? No, that will be too hard to maintain long term...quality over quantity

9.  Hacks- 2point, XP distance opinions/improvements or any other hack ideas. - int return hack :)

1. 14 game vs 16 game schedule

14 games is fine. 16 seems like it woukd be more of a headache to finish. 

2.  Pace (too fast, too slow, just right)

I though it was just right. I had time left over in case i couldnt get them all in. 

I like tiers, its a great way to build familiarity against opponents, and work your way up. 

4.  Ratings... Season 1 was fast, and 2-3 are closer to OG.  You like the season 1 feel or prefer S2/S3?

I like it, reminds me of OG. 

5.  Playoffs- call outs or prefer standard seeding?

I havent experienced this, but im looking forward to the call out. 

6.  More playoff teams?  8 out of 20... Add one more spot?

8 is great, i like that there is a potential play in game, so i dont think expansion is necessary. 

7.  Extended break... like the idea or prefer keep it going?

Personally i need a summer break, so i am in favor. 

More teams might be more of a hassle to finish, and i like the smaller community and comraderie. 

9.  Hacks- 2point, XP distance opinions/improvements or any other hack ideas.

I love the all of the hack ideas and the implementation. Works great. The only other thing i would like to see is a hard mid season deadline. This will hopefully prevent a scenario we are in now, and wont jeopardize the integrity of games if people play all their games when their opponents are out of the playoff race/have nothing to play for. I dont think that happened this year, there were quite a few spoilers, but I still think its warranted to protect the integrity and ensures we can finish on schedule. 

I like 16 since it feels like the division games control a team's season a bit too much right now.

I like it (appreciate the allowance for vacations)

I like

Season 2

Call outs plz

Like the way it is now

Break!

Might dilute too much, but I like Tadaos's idea of relegating the last place team in bronze to wait list and pulling one from there. Would help with tanking (albeit only for bronze teams) and also keeps the wait list active/rolling over.

Think it works well.