Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

To tie a bow on Brown the NFL at some point either can (or has to?) rule on whether or not Brown is on the commissioner's exempt list. The NFL can drag their feet/take their time with this because he's not on a roster.  If he eventually gets to the point he's cleared then assuming we're not talking too long down the road a few teams will line up for his services because he's valuable enough to someone to outweigh everything else.

17 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

To tie a bow on Brown the NFL at some point either can (or has to?) rule on whether or not Brown is on the commissioner's exempt list. The NFL can drag their feet/take their time with this because he's not on a roster.  If he eventually gets to the point he's cleared then assuming we're not talking too long down the road a few teams will line up for his services because he's valuable enough to someone to outweigh everything else.

AB's retired.  Or to put it more bluntly, rage quitted.

The takes on this forum are terrible. God I hope none of you gamble.

We're not even at Week 4 yet, and the majority of the playoff teams have made themselves apparent. Some notes...

1. Local NYG market is praising Jones as the next coming of P. Manning. The fans in this market are worst. Actually, they're the third worst behind fans from L.A. and #1 Dallas.

2. Baker Mayfield is overrated. I've been saying this since day 1.

3. Are the Bills for real? No, they're not.

4. Cam Newton isn't long for Carolina.

5. Look at the standings over the whole NFL. It's a shit show. Buffalo and S.F. going undefeated right now tells you all need to know about how ridiculous the rest of this NFL season is going to be.

The playoff teams this year are going to look very similar to last year.

Edited by Yak

On 9/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Week 3 Picks

I got exactly half of the games right last week. Let's see if I can improve. First team is my pick to win:

TEN-JAX x

BUF-CIN

DAL-MIA

GB-DEN

ATL-IND x

KC-BAL

OAK-MIN x

NE-NYJ

DET-PHI

ARI-CAR x

TB-NYG x

HOU-LAC 

SEA-NO x

SF-PIT

LAR-CLE

CHI-WAS 

I did all of these off the top of my head, except DET-PHI and ARI-CAR I watched NFL.com's video analysis. 

10-6 this week, getting better.

On 9/19/2019 at 4:03 AM, Bolt said:

I'm only picking teams I WANT to Win, this season:  last week - 6-10 - was wacker than Week 1 (6.5-9.5)

Wk 3

JAX>ten, CIN>buf, MIA>cow, DEN>g.b, ATL>ind, K.C>bal, MIN>oak, NYJ>n.e, DET>phi, ARZ>car, GIA>t.b, LAC>hou, SEA>n.o, S.F>pit, CLE>lar, CHI>wak

My wishlist is a fairly consistent 6-10 dream-state

(I don't know what CHI did lastnight, but hopefully they won)

56 minutes ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

i'm surprised they were able to get away with that. Or am i missing something and its still legal in the rulebook?

Yes

image.png

Doug Flutie kicked an extra point via drop kick in 2010 for the Pats, which was the first time anyone had done so since the 40s.

Drop kicking used to be popular back when the ball was rounder and you could get a better bounce out of it.

How does Jay Gruden still have a job? When Keenum vaulted over the line for the 1st down, that dude clearly had no idea what he was doing, thinking that this sneak was like a goaline sneak. Jay Gruden made that call. Jay Gruden sucks (as a head coach). The Washington Redskins organization sucks. #FireJayGruden

Edited by Yak

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

i'm surprised they were able to get away with that. Or am i missing something and its still legal in the rulebook?

It was gangster because it forced a fair catch with 2:01 left. My inner coach was GLOWING

4 minutes ago, Yak said:

How does Jay Gruden still have a job? When Keenum vaulted over the line for the 1st down, that dude clearly had no idea what he was doing, thinking that this sneak was like a goaline sneak. Jay Gruden made that call. Jay Gruden sucks (as a head coach). The Washington Redskins organization sucks. #FireJayGruden

snyder595.jpg

On 9/23/2019 at 9:13 AM, Yak said:

We're not even at Week 4 yet, and the majority of the playoff teams have made themselves apparent. Some notes...

1. Local NYG market is praising Jones as the next coming of P. Manning. The fans in this market are worst. Actually, they're the third worst behind fans from L.A. and #1 Dallas.

5. Look at the standings over the whole NFL. It's a shit show. Buffalo and S.F. going undefeated right now tells you all need to know about how ridiculous the rest of this NFL season is going to be.

I don't gamble. 

1. Jones scored 2 rushing TDs in his first start. Eli never had more than 1 in an entire season. Concur Dallas fans are the worst (mostly because there are so many, but there's also too much a sense of entitlement, I hate them being called America's team) Signed, a diehard Cowboys fan since the late 70s. 

2. I think Baker is rated too much. Those games won were no fluke, he does sling it, some times with too much reckless abandon, but those wins he got last year were monumental. And the real key is... How is his O line this year (plus that 4th and 9 draw call was POOP)

3. The Bills D is for real. Josh Allen has the tools. They aren't winning that division, but I like them for the playoffs. 

4. Cam has always been a conundrum. The post game stuff after the Super Bowl confirmed a LOT of my feelings towards him. He does a lot of stuff "for the children" but his style of braggadocio will never be it imho. 

5. I don't see SF getting in the playoffs, but it's not that crazy. While I don't rank Jimmy G as the 3rd best QB in the league as some yahoo did on Twitter last night, I do believe in his abilities. Their defensive front is legit and the Kyle Shanahan way gets nobody RB yards just like the Mike Shanahan way. 

AFC is nutso. If I had to call playoff teams now. 

1. New England

2. Kansas City

3. Baltimore

4. Saxxonville

5. Indianapolis

6. Buffalo

NFC is similar to my preseason take on cuts Saturday. 

I had both Rams and Seahawks in, both Cowboys and Eagles in, the Saints and whatever team wins the north (looking like GB now). 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:13 PM, Yak said:

3 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Yes

image.png

Doug Flutie kicked an extra point via drop kick in 2010 for the Pats, which was the first time anyone had done so since the 40s.

Drop kicking used to be popular back when the ball was rounder and you could get a better bounce out of it.

Interesting. Baltimore thought they could try to get the Chiefs by surprise with it then. Good to know.

56 minutes ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

Interesting. Baltimore thought they could try to get the Chiefs by surprise with it then. Good to know.

I think it was more trying to get no time off the clock 

2 hours ago, Yak said:

They were talking about him like he was dead man walking at the end of MNF.

Just now, kamphuna8 said:

I think it was more trying to get no time off the clock 

Because they fair caught it the time remained at 2:01 and Baltimore essentially got a free time out.

It's possible that KC could have muffed the kick as well. 

KC got the first down and it didn't matter.

You boys are having some superb discussion

Somewhere a Yak is giving 2 Yaks ...

Getting better, now pass the bong.

hqdefault.jpg

Elsewhere, Tom Llamas is wondering how the hell he got in on this thang

Week 4 Picks

Just wanted to get my Thur pick in, I'll come back to this for the rest of the games:

GB over PHI: GB is 3-0, PHI is 1-2, Carson Wentz is good but the rest of the team hasn't really stepped up so far, and GB's defense has been killing it.

Philly snuck in to the playoffs last year at 9-7. Don't know if they can match that record and if they do if it will be good enough to make the playoffs this year in the NFC.

PHI's schedule gets easier but this is a big game... supposedly they are getting desean jackson and their left tackle back so it should be interesting. -3 (home field advantage) feels about right. 

They end the season with 

MIA

NYG

WAS

DAL at PHI

NYG

so they just need to be in striking distance

but they have a toough middle of the season with

@DAL

@BUF

CHI

NE