Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

image.thumb.png.f08bea26aefe8b6fc7c621b7b9e53c07.png

Can somebody swing Andrew Luck over our way?

Since he's retired now, he'll have more time for Tecmo

#MotherIJustGotBlownOutByTheColts

#MotherDoYouThinkTheyllDropTheBomb?

#MotherMyLongestThrowIsNow109Yards!!!

image.thumb.png.331e0c35a8439e115dca1518cd925a9a.png

Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be busy for a while now.  I'm taking some classes; working a full-time job; and writing my book as we speak.  So I won't be able to do anymore power rankings, make weekly pick 'ems, or keep track of the NFL as a whole.  At least for this season.  I'll keep track from time to time.  But if anybody wants to do Weekly Pick 'ems, feel free to start one.

Wish me luck.

You would think as a Chi fan I'm looking fwd to the upcoming season and picking em to win it all. Well I'm not. I have a hard time trusting Tru esp w/ some uncertainty at RB but bringing in Cordarrelle to help set up field position sure does give them a legitimate shot.

Like many I'm picking KC to win the AFC but they have such a big ass bullseye on them that I'm not confident about it. After the unpleasant duty of hosting last yr's SB (I wrongly picked LAR to win it all before start of last yr but nice try by me) I say Atl makes it back and this time they win the big one down in Mia. They cleaned the staff out of the house and kept the HC an approach that I like where none of the other teams' offseason approaches can match. Should be a fun shootout unlike last yr.

If we're doing picks this yr here's mines for wk 1 where pretty much I'm going all faves: Chi, Cle, KC, NYJ, Bal, LAC, Sea, Phl, Mn, LAR, Dal, Det, NE, NO, and TB & Oak as the pick ems.

Enjoy the season.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, VGifted said:

Everything  @_DEBERG said was spot on. Not to mention They won the OT Coin Toss and still didn't score. How many opportunities do you want? SAINTS FANS MOVE FORWARD! Sure I have them winning at least 9 or 10 games. I don't see the Steelers coming close to winning the AFC North, Ravens are a better team mentally, Browns are the biggest sleeper. AFC WEST; Chiefs can win 12 games, hard fought because LA Chargers Broncos and Raiders will fight for it. AFC South, Colts will win 11 games. The rest of the NFC is straight forward.

If there is one thing to learn from watching my fan base act, it's that people should never give them condolences. They have a victim complex and will take whatever sympathy they get and run with it endlessly. They did this same BS over Bountygate. LOL at anyone who thinks Roger Goodell is smart and cunning enough to pull off some master conspiracy and screw the Saints. These fans love to be the victim and the non-call gave it to them. Only problem is, we blew a 13 and 10 point lead in the same game and immediately turned the ball over in OT. Deep down, I knew we were going to lose the minute the Rams tied it. I just had that feeling in my stomach cause I have seen this so many times with Sean Payton coached Saints teams. Payton has been out-coached in all of our playoff losses post-2009. 

What I never see brought up about the non-call is that if the cornerback had not been stupidly trying to commit PI and watched the ball, it would've been an easy interception. Even Troy Aikman of all people mentioned how it was a poorly thrown pass. Brees was NEARLY picked off 2 plays before that on the miracle bomb to Ted Ginn that got them down the field to begin with. Saints had just ONE net positive play the entire game after going up 20-10. Non-call aside, they were doing everything to blow that game. Brees had a game similar to Favre in the 2007 NFCCG and we all know how that ended with a back breaking interception. 

Edited by _DEBERG

On 7/17/2019 at 1:26 AM, Mike Gordan said:

1.  Indianapolis Colts:  Because fuck it!  That's why.

Bad Luck club

Raiders press conference today.. sounds an awful lot like AB is being released.

Conduct detrimental to the team is a 4 week suspension maximum as per the CBA, and it sounds like things have progressed past that.

The Raiders can recoup the 30 million guarantee either way.

Edited by gojiphen malor

43 minutes ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

Not sure which team is more snake-bitten at the moment: The Colts with Andrew Luck retiring, or the Raiders with Antonio Brown out-TOing even TO with his antics.

They knew when they signed him that he was....difficult

Thurs night's game felt reinforcing of the little trust I have in Tru.

Well here's also my picks on div winners: NE, Cle, Hou, KC, Phl, GB, Atl and Sea. And the wild cards: Buf, LAC, Chi and SF. The contenders not among my picks but could very well make it: Pit, Dal and Mn (and maybe Jax).

On 9/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, TecmoSuperFan said:

Not sure which team is more snake-bitten at the moment: The Colts with Andrew Luck retiring, or the Raiders with Antonio Brown out-TOing even TO with his antics.

On 9/5/2019 at 5:06 PM, Knobbe said:

They knew when they signed him that he was....difficult

He lost his guaranteed money by not showing up to shit he was supposed to show up to. I'm not often a fan of the way Gruden and the team do things, but they did everything they could in this situation. Although, they probably shouldn't have traded for him to begin with. The guy is a complete asshole. I hope he doesn't do shit for the Pats and they still have to pay him.

On this day, Sunday, September the 8th of the year 2019, our one true champion has risen for his 20th campaign to slay the gridiron horde of would be challengers for his crown. Though the Halls of Adversity, created by the peasant haters, are adorned with the stories of their contention to his crown, our champion has risen to meet all challenges. Let there be regulation PSI levels in all balls; let linger an aging adversary called Eli of Little Threat; let all hot and ridiculously wealthy supermodel wives find themselves filled with support for the legacy of the GOAT, and may their children, born through immaculate conception, know only the glory of a number 12 jersey worn by one Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr..

A story of such Epic, foretold by the Christian bard, Carmen, and from the holiest of decades—the 1980s:

“He has won. He has won. He’s alive forever more. He has risen, He is Lord. He has won.” ~ Carmen, The Champion

GOAT.jpg

Edited by Yak

1 hour ago, SBlueman said:

That's life in the NFL. If you don't contribute on special teams and have been replaced by Guice then it might happen more often than we thought this year. 

Reading that AP wanted the offense to go through him.. Gruden is being dealt some unplayable cards.

Yeah so if he isn't starting he is pretty much just taking up a roster spot when you have Chris Thompson who can be used like a swiss army knife. It's too bad but the days of AP running wild might be a thing of the past. 

1 minute ago, SBlueman said:

Yeah so if he isn't starting he is pretty much just taking up a roster spot when you have Chris Thompson who can be used like a swiss army knife. It's too bad but the days of AP running wild might be a thing of the past. 

I've just replaced him with w. (Wendell) SMALLWOOD in the LIV rom.

I would not be surprised if AP is released or demands a trade.