Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, Bolt said:

At their peak, who would you say is better:  Vick, or Kaepernick?

don't give us stats;  just, eye-test/memory

It is possible we never saw Kaep's peak, and I still think he was better those two years where they made the SB and then the conference championship. Vick had the better career, obviously, but Kaep's career getting cut short was not his fault.  

How I think of Vick: 69ps 31pc 50ms

How I think of Kaepernick: 63ps 50pc 38ms

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

Yup, i saw that. I heard the audio that got released and it sickens me knowing he was only acting like he changed. If Goodell doesn't permanently ban him, there's no justice in the world.  Tyreek's gonna go the way of Rae Carruth.

Anybody whose convinced that Kaepernick was ever any good just because they reached the Super Bowl is simply delusional.  That year, the Packers' defense was shit, and the Falcons were prone for blowing big leads in the second half of big games.  Not to mention the roster those three years were loaded.

He demanded to get paid in spite the fact he had demonstrated constantly that he was incapable of carrying a team on his shoulders, much less elevating a subpar coaching staff or roster, and rather than taking the mature high road and settling for a modest pay increase under the expectations of a long rebuild, demanded to get paid in spite playing like shit all throughout the 2015 season (to the point that Blaine Gabbert ended up winning the Starting Job over him), and he began kneeling down at the National Anthem.  The drive-bye media took notice, and Kaepernick took advantage by calling it a political statement, and the controversial bullshit that is the National Anthem protesting became widespread.  He then opted out of his contract with the 49ers and left the team.  Of his own accord.

So yeah, everything surrounding why Kaepernick is blackballed is entirely his fault.  Why overpay a quarterback that frankly doesn't give a shit about the game itself and only cares about the money?  Especially if he is underachieving to his own potential?  At around the same time Kaepernick's take of the temper tantrum was going on, we actually saw the results of a similarly underachieving-yet-highly talented QB getting paid like mad laid waste upon another franchise--Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears.  As both teams were among the absolute worst teams of the 2016 season.

So yeah, Kaepernick getting blacklisted for causing controversy and not playing to his potential while demanding that he gets paid like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread?  Yeah, he deserved everything that has happened his way and then some.  And any team that is either delusional enough or gutless enough to not stand up for themselves against the ever-increasing peer pressure to actually sign Kaepernick (let's add in having not played much of any pro football since 2015) will likely become an immediate contender for worst team in the NFL.  Frankly, I have no sympathies for him; if anything, I have nothing but contempt for him.

Kaepernick basically declined every year or rather never really improved and the league figured it out and the team itself obviously declined with a large outflux of talent.

He just never seemed to be able to read a defense very well or improve on that. So you’ve got to have the perfect type of team around him to support his athleticism which will wane with time.