Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

I really hope Sam Mills gets into the HoF. He was my favorite Saint on those old Dome Patrol defenses and through playing the Tecmo games, he's usually the player I pick on the Saints defense unless I am Wayne Martin. RIP. His death was the first football passing that really effected me. 

100% agree that Craig was shafted. I see both Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt on the list, but what about our man from Tecmo Henry Ellard??? I wonder if he'd be in the HoF discussion had he played with at least one great QB. The most he had was a young Jim Everett in those early years. Ellard was consistent with putting up great numbers with less than stellar QBs. 

As I said before, these playoffs have been really fun despite my team losing in the first round. As much as I loathe the 49ers for a childhood of trauma with them destroying my Saints back in the old NFC West days, and then the 2011 playoff game all those years later, I strangely don't hate this team. They have a likable coach, an amazing defense that is fun to watch and George Kittle is a freaking BEAST. I'm OK if they get #6, but I am rooting for the Titans who look like the old Bum Phillips Oilers with Henry running over guys. I'd be happy with K.C. winning it too. Mahomes is fun to watch and they looked like they were in kill mode last week after being down 24-0 early. 

Edited by _DEBERG

On 1/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, Bolt said:

Jack Conklin's horse just pulled off the Tebow Special

TebowJumpPass.gif~c200

image.thumb.png.937fbda3594f029b1a457bd91b686191.png  <> Bolt knows what you're talkin bout, Vrabe...

by the way, YOU know who the tougher coach is:  Not that powder-puff in Kansas CityThat's why the Titans are going to win Sunday

Edited by Bolt

Kyle Shanahan has really surprised me as a head coach. If the Niners do win it all this year, it will be his redemption for the play calling in the 28-3 SB loss. I can't help but praise him as a head coach because he has become the type of head coach I used to think Sean Payton was. Payton was at his best this year when Brees was out, and we went 5-0 with Teddy Bridgewater. As soon as Brees came back, we stepped away from a balanced offense and it seemed like Brees' stats and those stupid records were more important. Shanahan isn't trying to call all the pass plays to put up epic passing numbers with Garroppollo, which is fair. IMO the Saints probably beat Minnesota a few weeks ago if Payton had a better gameplan for running the ball, instead of letting a 40 year old Brees stink it up. (For the record; I want Brees to retire and we make Bridgewater the starter. This opinion would get me death stares in New Orleans) The Niners faced that same Vikings team and ran the ball on 12 consecutive plays. 

I work with a guy from Colorado who has been telling me for months that he wished Elway would've hired Kyle. He thinks Denver would've been set up better and while I agree with him to an extent, I think the Niners really hit on many of their draft picks and had a fair share of luck in that regard. They had the big pick (Bosa) fall right in their lap this past year by having a losing record after Garroppollo got injured. The circumstances helped and they didn't squander their chances which is how they've built a juggernaut seemingly overnight. 

I'd be totally fine with K.C. winning tomorrow and even winning the SB. I've come to root for guys who are always labeled 'chokers'. If it comes down to a SB 1 rematch, I am absolutely rooting for the Chiefs all the way. I don't think the Packers are even that good and honestly expect them to get blown out tomorrow night. 

Random trivia:

I think I know why Eric Berry is a free agent ...

image.thumb.png.de43397a89489a6372b335229a392669.png

- Wikipedia

they may need him today.  Titans WR's:  highly underrated.

And then the second half happened......oh well. It was a fun run for the Titans but the better team won. Mahomes took control of the game in the second half and pretty much beat the Titans with their gameplan. He played keep-away, bled the clock and made our best weapon in Derrick Henry a non-factor. Those breakdowns by Brock in the 4th were killers but we were hanging on by a thread after it was 28-17. 

roblowe_head.jpg

Not sure if you guys saw but I pulled some strings to get some product placement on Rob Lowe who was in the crowd because of his new TV show.

5 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Hard to fathom it's been 50 years since KC's last Super Bowl.

The Chiefs have just been unlucky. I'm hoping this is the year. Hate to have two coaches with 200+ wins and no rings to show for it. [Schottenheimer being the other coach]

The key Super Bowl match-up is going to be about the 49ers Defense vs. the Chiefs Offense.

I really don't care who wins this game. This feeling of having no skin in the game is what Patriots haters must feel like every other year for the past decade+. It's so foreign to me...

Edited by Yak

Really excited for this SB. It's the first pick 'em match since the 2014 Pats/Seahawks match. This should be a great game. 

Hope the Chiefs win but I'd be happy either way. I just want a good game! 

On 1/19/2020 at 5:16 PM, SBlueman said:

And then the second half happened......oh well. It was a fun run for the Titans but the better team won. Mahomes took control of the game in the second half and pretty much beat the Titans with their gameplan. He played keep-away, bled the clock and made our best weapon in Derrick Henry a non-factor. Those breakdowns by Brock in the 4th were killers but we were hanging on by a thread after it was 28-17. 

Looked to me like the Titans were beaten more by the cold-weather than Mahomes et al.:

Road-whooping defending champeons (ningland) and then this-season's NFL-best (Ravens), they should've come out TOUGHER/had no trouble with K.c

... Like Tannehill's playoff-dolphins of a few years ago, they just wanted to get home to some cocoa.

(plus, it didn't help that their QB ran head-first into/got clocked hard by, Sorenson early-on. guy just didn't look the same - "mentally" - after that.)

All things being even [officiating, etc.], Fat-Andy's Bunch won't have that weather-advantage, down in Miami ...

17 minutes ago, SBlueman said:

We'll see him in the Hall of Fame in 5 years. Two Super Bowl rings in the Big Apple is pretty much an automatic ticket in.

Accomplishments

• He has a better winning percentage than Joe Namath
  • Kept the Patriots from overtaking the Steelers for most Super Bowl wins
  • Eli Face

Tom Florio of PFT stirred a lot of crap today with some comments. He said that the 49ers should look at giving Mahomes a few dirty hits if he tries running for it to give him a message. What kinda crap is that?

It might not be the most PC take but is it really that out of bounds to make sure to make any hits on the Chiefs' best offensive player count?

1 hour ago, SBlueman said:

It might not be the most PC take but is it really that out of bounds to make sure to make any hits on the Chiefs' best offensive player count?

It is when it talks about hitting him while he's sliding or stepping out of bounds.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, Yak said:

I really don't care who wins this game. This feeling of having no skin in the game is what Patriots haters must feel like every other year for the past decade+. It's so foreign to me...

This is the first time since probably the mid 90s where I won’t be pulling for one team or another. It’s kind of a nice feeling to just sit back and enjoy it. Hopefully it’s a good game and doesn’t turn out like that Seattle Denver borefest.