Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

I forgot how pleasurable it is to know that Monday Night Football is actually relevant to me tonight with the Patriots playing. It actually is a bit easier to slog through my day knowing that I have the GOAT and Hoodie waiting for me later.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:37 PM, Bolt said:

my preference-picks

Wk8

Min, Ind, Ten, ARZ, LAR, NYJ, DET, LAC, Phi, SEA, CAR, Cle, Hou, K.C, MIA

Since Sam Darnold was caught saying "I'm seeing Ghosts", the nickname "The Boogeymen" became a lock. I still think the nickname is weak, but at least it has greater relevance for continuing to exist.

So I'm home early from college due to a snowstorm.  Only got to attend my first class while my second class was cancelled.  Probably should have stayed home all the same, but hey?  At least discussions on William Shakespeare are always enlightening, especially as far as my own literary ambitions are concerned.

With that said, says a lot that Vic Mangio continues to make Vance Joseph look like Bill Belichick by comparison.  How can we be this bad!?  Well, the preseason performance pretty much colored in just how bad we were going to become, especially since he never played any of his starters.  How many perfectly winnable games had the guy blown in the final two minutes of regulation?  The Bears, Jaguars, and now Colts.  Anybody else?

If nothing else, the Broncos are just barely better than the one-win teams, and are probably not that much better than the Bungles or Lolphins.  Oh, who am I kidding?  The Lolphins are a completely dysfunctional dumpster fire, and yet I still predict this team will find a way to win a game.

Edit:  Not going to bother with a power rankings yet.  Instead, here are my tier lists for the season so far (in alphabetical order):

Super Bowl Contenders:  Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, San Francisco 49ers

Playoff Contenders:  Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks

Dark Horses:  Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Rams, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Tennessee Titans

Longshots:  Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

No Chance:  Atlanta Falcons, Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets, Washington Redskins

Charlie Brown Award:  Miami Dolphins

Before anybody asks me, the reason the Patriots are the only AFC team in the Super Bowl Contenders tier is simply because I'll believe an AFC team not named the Patriots will be a Super Bowl contender when somebody over there finally beats them in the playoffs (at least a large bulk of the NFC still has a fighting chance at actually getting there).

Edited by Mike Gordan

On 10/12/2019 at 5:37 PM, Bolt said:

my preference-picks

Wk9

PHX>s.f, JAX>hou, IND>pit, PHI>chi, JET>mia, K.c>vik, CAR>ten, BUF>wak, SEA>t.b, LIO>rai, LAC>g.b, BROW>bron, BAL>n.e, NYG>dal

Yets... I hope you'll consider vying for that coveted #1 overall draft-pick, now:

Although some among you like to call-out us fans for not supporting you enough, it's not our job to Win YOUR games

... They don't pay us / WE pay you.

#DoYourJob

Ravens are coming off of a good game against the Seahawks, with a Defense that was jumpstarted by the inept Bungels offense two weeks ago, and after having a pretty brutal prior few weeks. Baltimore at home is not an easy game. The Pats let Gordon go, and I hope that was an acceptable expenditure. Gordon made some good plays this year, but I agree with the opinion that he underperformed overall. I hope N’Keal Harry has the verticality and athleticism that the Patriots are banking on him to have, and I hope he can stay on the field. I hope Sanu and Harry can develop chemistry with Brady well enough in the last half of the season to take some pressure of Edelman and Dorsett in the playoffs. I REALLY hope the WRs can stay on the field. And speaking of staying on the field, I’m worried that the game tonight is going to be a fist fight. Thankfully, the Patriots have a bye week soon, because I have a feeling they’re going to need it.

Edited by Yak

The Jets lost, what an ugly game that was, of course the Jets hand Miami their first win, but the Raiders won! I was hoping for 5-3 at this point, but they're still in it. I think they can get a little better and make it in as a wildcard. 

I rag on the Dallas Cowboys fan base a bunch, and rightfully so, but the fair weather New England fan is also pretty bad. It's pretty incredible watching Patriots social media light up with Doomsday foreshadowing by the casual fans of the Patriots. As if losing one game means anything significant about the Patriots' post-season chances. 

Casual sports fans are the dumbest.

Edited by Yak

@BO FB Offtackle Left

Big Head Todd, a.k.a. 'Goat's Buster'

Lamar%20Jackson.jpg

I'm not at all surprised New England lost.

I was hoping for a crushing defeat:  but, a 17-pt loss is pretty much that;  so - as a casual fan of New England taking crushing defeats - I'll take it