Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

24 minutes ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

Wow. Even though no one has done it in decades, it's been a perfectly legal kick for a hundred years. I don't see how they can just change the rule in the middle of the season.

3 minutes ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I don't see how they can just change the rule in the middle of the season.

'Cause they're - NFL - a bunch of ass-hats:  always trying to tinker / control / "grow" what ain't broke.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

my preference-picks are starting to get a 8IT more nuanced now, how-now-silver-n-blue cow:

Wk6

CAR>buc [9:30AM E.T.!!... nfl netwerk], PHI>vik, MIA>wak, HOU>k.c, SAI>jax, SEA>bro, CIN>bal, LAR>s.f, ARZ>atl, JET>cow, DEN>ten, LAC>pit, DET>g.b

Bolded what i regard as must-watch matches

In general, I like K.C as a team better than BBQ texans;  but Watson - attitude/athleticism/resilience - is probably my favorite QB in league, right now... so roll with dey

SAI>jax - that's what Pat said.  no, but SAI - like SEA (>cle another tough pick for me to make) - is in NFC, so give me dey all day

Also - for reasons unbeknownst to me: something about how their colors {silver & Honolulu-blue} have nothing to do with lions (but everything to do with Motown)? / Matt Stafford / Azamattt / Billy Sims / Chris Spielman / Legend of Jahvid Best - I just love the Lions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9nC4mg4tI

My picks for week 6

Pats over Gia ( I mean I was gonna pick them for sure sooo...)

Tampa over Carolina - Just have a feeling Jameis works better in the Olde Country than Kyle.

CLE over SEA  - One of those Huh? games. Seattle with a dud. CLE with some suds.

KC over HOU - Game of the weekend. 55-52 KC. I hope Watson stays upright

MIA over WASH - Doll fins better than what oozes out of DC

MIN over PHI - Hooked on a Thielen

JAX over NO - That D in FLA is like WHOA

CIN over BAL - BenGals right the ship for one day. Ravens descent continues

Rams over 49ers - No Gurley no Problem.

ATL over PHX - I know, not PHX, but Falcons still win battle of the birds down in Zona

DEN over TEN - thought the Titans would win last week, I was wrong. Think they'll lose this week. Probably wrong again. #convinced

DAL over JETS - Cowboys get healthy in the swamps of New Joizee

SD over PIT - Just a hunch

GB over DET - should be fun

On 10/12/2019 at 2:58 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Wow. Even though no one has done it in decades, it's been a perfectly legal kick for a hundred years. I don't see how they can just change the rule in the middle of the season.

What Bolt said, as well as an attempt to curb any other team from getting an extra timeout that way. 

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

What Bolt said, as well as an attempt to curb any other team from getting an extra timeout that way. 

I understand them not wanting it anymore, but usually when there's a controversial rule they wait until the offseason and the rules committee votes on it. I think. I mean, isn't that why no one knew what a catch was for an entire season? They had to wait for the offseason to clarify the rule. I don't think I've ever heard of them changing a rule in the middle of the season. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:45 PM, kamphuna8 said:

My picks for week 6

Pats over Gia ( I mean I was gonna pick them for sure sooo...)

Tampa over Carolina - Just have a feeling Jameis works better in the Olde Country than Kyle.

CLE over SEA  - One of those Huh? games. Seattle with a dud. CLE with some suds.

KC over HOU - Game of the weekend. 55-52 KC. I hope Watson stays upright

MIA over WASH - Doll fins better than what oozes out of DC

MIN over PHI - Hooked on a Thielen

JAX over NO - That D in FLA is like WHOA

CIN over BAL - BenGals right the ship for one day. Ravens descent continues

Rams over 49ers - No Gurley no Problem.

ATL over PHX - I know, not PHX, but Falcons still win battle of the birds down in Zona

DEN over TEN - thought the Titans would win last week, I was wrong. Think they'll lose this week. Probably wrong again. #convinced

DAL over JETS - Cowboys get healthy in the swamps of New Joizee

SD over PIT - Just a hunch

GB over DET - should be fun

whoo doggy that was a rough Sunday. 2 - 10. Probably couldn't do that again if I tried

If the season were to end today, this would be the playoff bracket:

AFC:

1.  New England Patriots (6-0)

2.  Houston Texans (4-2):  3-0 conference over Chiefs and Ravens

3.  Kansas City Chiefs (4-2):  Head-to-head over Ravens

4.  Baltimore Ravens (4-2)

5.  Buffalo Bills (4-1)

6.  Oakland Raiders (3-2):  Head-to-head over Colts

NFC:

1.  San Francisco 49ers (5-0)

2.  New Orleans Saints (5-1):  Swap ranks with Packers with win tonight (lose conference tie-breaker at 3-1)

3.  Green Bay Packers (4-1):  Swap ranks with Saints with win tonight (4-1 conference tie-breaker)

4.  Dallas Cowboys (3-3):  2-0 divisional over Philadelphia Eagles

5.  Seattle Seahawks (5-1)

6.  Minnesota Vikings (4-2):  3-2 conference over Carolina Panthers

MVP candidates thus far look to be Deshaun Watson, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Russel Wilson, with Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Aaron Rodgers as dark horse candidates.

Coach of the Year is a competition looks to be between the top seeded Bill Belichick and Kyle Shanahan, though look for Sean Payton and Frank Reich to each play spoiler as well.

Super Bowl Contenders:  New England Patriots vs. San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, or Seattle Seahawks--all looking to be NFL's ideal narratives.

Dark Horse contenders are the Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, and Panthers vs. literally anybody with 4 wins in the AFC (since their chances are virtually 0% of actually getting there).

And there are two winless teams left in the NFL--Miami Dolphins and the Bungles.

I decided to stop doing picks, it was taking some of the enjoyment out of upset victories like the Jets beating the Cowboys, because I never would have picked the Jets. 

In other news, any thoughts on Zach Brown?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001065824/article/eagles-release-veteran-linebacker-zach-brown

^  Probably stating the obvious, but he probably bit himself in the ass by bad-mouthing Cousins before Kirk laid some StarTrekian shit on that ass.   image.thumb.png.8a4b5ac0417bb512b8d613de138dfee9.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

What's more surprising:  the 'boys losing @ Jets, or the Steelers Winning @ Chargers?

Discuss.

giphy.webp

On 10/12/2019 at 5:37 PM, Bolt said:

JET>cow, LAC>pit

zing.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:17 AM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

There were more Steelers fans in LA than Chargers fans, so it was kind of a home game for the Steelers lol.

When I turned that game on I had to double check where it was given how the cheering was going. The Chargers at best have slight home field advantage at home and at worst it feels like they're playing on the road at home.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:01 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I decided to stop doing picks, it was taking some of the enjoyment out of upset victories like the Jets beating the Cowboys, because I never would have picked the Jets. 

In other news, any thoughts on Zach Brown?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001065824/article/eagles-release-veteran-linebacker-zach-brown

How much of that was his mouth and how much of it was just him underperforming. 

I don't have access to PFF's stats but apparently he's underperforming

On 10/14/2019 at 1:12 PM, bruddog said:

Jimmy Garoppolo is not an MVP candidate...or at least he shouldn't be. He's playing OK within the great scheme that KS has going. 

The defense and running attack for the Niners have probably been more valuable to this point.

Christian McCaffery has a shot if his team wins enough and there isn't a clear consensus among QBs. 

15 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

How much of that was his mouth and how much of it was just him underperforming. 

I don't have access to PFF's stats but apparently he's underperforming

He was literally walking to make a tackle on a reverse. Lack of effort.

Schwartz had also called a perfectly timed blitz and had Cousins dead to rights on a rollout.. and Brown just flat out missed him as Cousins side-stepped him easily.

I don't know who won, but I'd like Broncos to win, so that Nick what'shisname- I mean Flacco could become the next Peyton Manning

Also, Demaryius is from there and he's gonna kick Patriot ass, Monday

51JIn3zkhdL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

On 10/12/2019 at 5:37 PM, Bolt said:

my preference-picks

Wk7

S.F>wak, ARZ>gia, IND>hou, rai>pac, LIO>vik, CIN>jax, MIA>buf, RAM>fal, LAC>ten, SEA>bal, SAI>chi, PHI>cow, NYJ>tom

The Cardinals are going to the Playoffs, jadies and lents.  Larry is cappin' with a Ring, bruh.

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

The Cardinals are going to the Playoffs, jadies and lents.  Larry is cappin' with a Ring, bruh.

Bold words given how stacked the NFC West is, and the Cardinals started the season off 0-3-1.  Since the Broncos and Chargers are both hot garbage this season, hope you're right.