Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

Posted (edited)
On 9/10/2019 at 12:31 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I'd take losses to the Chiefs and Vikings at this point, but I think they have a good shot at beating the rest. 5-2 to start the season would be great, even 4-3 would be acceptable. 

BOOM! This season just started.

AFC West Team W L T PCT PF PA Net Pts Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5
4 1 0 .800 148 113 35 1-1-0 3-0-0 1-0-0 1.000 3-1-0 .750 1-0-0 1L 4-1-0
3 2 0 .600 103 123 -20 2-1-0 1-1-0 1-1-0 .500 2-1-0 .667 1-1-0 2W 3-2-0
2 3 0 .400 103 94 9 1-2-0 1-1-0 0-1-0 .000 2-2-0 .500 0-1-0 1L 2-3-0
1 4 0 .200 90 106 -16 0-2-0 1-2-0 1-1-0 .500 1-2-0 .333 0-2-0 1W 1-4-0
Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

Praise the Holy Infant:  Luke SkyFalker, what in the Sam Fick is goin' on?

I should've told you to New_York_Jets_at_Cleveland_Browns_1988-0 in to this -

- from you-tuber Falk Firebeard, like it's your first time hearing it, every Saturday night.

Hear the Firebeard / Become the Firebeard, SkyFalker...

In short:  Use the Firebeard... Falker.

hans.jpg

49 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

Wow the Colts simply ground down the Chiefs. This is the same team that gave up 31 to the Raiders at home the week prior.

The Chiefs have all the flashy passing offense, but they are 31st against the run, giving up 5.3 YPC. Great coaching from the Colts to exploit that.

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

The Eli Manning vs Tom Brady magic only exists in Super Bowls. In the regular season Manning went 1-2 lifetime vs the Pats.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00/gamelog/?opp_id=nwe

It also only exists when Eli Manning and Tom Brady are both the starting QB's.  Otherwise, Brady's an even 3-3 all-time against the Giants.  Interestingly enough, this also means that Eli Manning will remain one of the few QB's ever to secure an all-time winning record against Brady as a starter.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:48 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

3-2

13 hours ago, Yak said:

Week #5 update:

tom-brady-goat1_display_image.jpg  "3-2 is Beautiful ...  MEH!!"

3-out-of-5 Yaks

I know that the NFL season is long, and there is a ways to go with a number of good teams on the horizon, but you creators out there best prepare your ROMs next year for the Patriots defense to potentially be the best defense represented in TSB... ever.

https://nesn.com/2019/10/stats-beginning-to-support-theory-that-patriots-defense-is-all-time-great/

The defense is very very good but i think the stats are being inflated by a historically easy schedule. We will know a lot more in after that stretch in the middle of the season when they play PHI, HOU, DAL, KC.

In my rom they were already the top defense. 

45 minutes ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Monsters of the Midway, the Purple People Eaters, Orange Crush, the Steel Curtain, the Dome Patrol, and... The Boogeymen?

They're going to need a better name.

Yeah, it's a terrible name. I have no idea where it came from, but I similarly think its ridiculous, and I hope it does not stick.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:39 AM, Bolt said:

I'm only picking teams I WANT to Win, this season:

My other eternal preferences this week:

NYJ>phi, CAR>jax, ARZ>cin, ATL>hou, SAI>buc, MIN>gia, CHI>rai, BAL>pit, TEN>buf, N.E>wak, DEN>lac, DAL>g.b, IND>k.c, CLE>s.f

9-6

T'nite:  image.thumb.png.8ca967efa2d93c24e0991b7ecd94bdf3.png

Obviously I'm picking the Giants, stone cold rascals

3 minutes ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

The Giants will still probably lose this game, but they just became the first team to score a TD against the Pats this season.

And the Giants just became the second team to score a TD against the Pats this season. Maybe they will win this game.

I have no problem admitting that Tom Brady can psyche himself out playing the Giants. I’m hoping the Patriots as a team can make the necessary adjustments, and lean on the parts of the team that can be successful. 

56 minutes ago, Yak said:

I have no problem admitting that Tom Brady can psyche himself out playing the Giants. I’m hoping the Patriots as a team can make the necessary adjustments, and lean on the parts of the team that can be successful. 

Nevermind Brady, Danny Dimes is picking this D apart at times, with multiple injuries to key offensive players. I'm looking forward to this Giants offense when everyone is healthy. 3 picks but they've had some good plays.

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

Speaking of stamina,

14 hours ago, Bolt said:

T'nite:  image.thumb.png.8ca967efa2d93c24e0991b7ecd94bdf3.png

Obviously I'm picking the Giants, stone cold rascals

I haven't found out the result yet <not actually true on this occasion, I will - after giving some pivotal advice -

G-men:  slot Eli back in (against that twat-like opposition...I believe their defense is known as the Angry Vajeen), and feel the sweet din of success...