Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

8 minutes ago, Bolt said:

In other news:  is this Bruce 'Cockburn' Arians guy for real?  55-40, over the Rams?  In L.A.?  Tampa Bay???

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that game, I haven't watched any of it but that score is ridiculous. 

22 hours ago, Yak said:

Patriots Offense is playing a bad game. Tom Brady, the WRs, the O-Line on the edge and against the bull rush—it’s hasn’t looked great. If they can hold onto this game, then I’ll be happy they experienced some true adversity at an away game against a decent defense. Winning these kind of games are the best examples of learning experiences. And, frankly, this Patriots team needed to experience some real adversity. 

They have the looks of a team that will give Daniel Jones and the New York Football Giants a scare in the Super Bowl

It’s a long season. The Patriots have a lot to figure out on offense. There are a few key players missing. If those players return, including 2 of 3 key players—Wynn and Devlin, then the rookie hopeful WR has to keep sitting. I think the next few weeks are key for the Patriots offense, and what will determine who stays on IR for the remainder of the year. 

I’m looking forward to it! 

Posted (edited)

I don't buy this "Coach Big Ben" on the sideline gimmick. Appears to me to be a way to keep him in any relevant conversations about quarterback hierarchy. He's under contract through 2021, having recently signed a two-year extension in April 2019. If Rudolph shows enough promise over the course of this year, then I think we might actually see a changing of the guard at QB for the Steelers, despite Big Ben having just signed an extension. Watching the O-Line embrace Rudolph with a kind of comradery that I NEVER see given to Big Ben was enough for me to envision a real changing of the guard. The current build of the Steelers hs lost the window to compete for championship aspirations, IMO. They'd do better to bunker down for the rebuild with Rudolph and a growing Defense at the helm if Rudolph proves truly capable.

All teams should be preparing for the day when Tom Brady retires, so they're good enough to compete at that moment, and not much sooner or later.

Edited by Yak

8-7 with the beatdown Cincy took. I thought those teams were equally bad, but the Steelers might still be decent. That whole division is pretty bad, though, with Cleveland looking like the playoff favorite right now.

I can't seem to get much better than 50% on picks so far this year.

19 hours ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

8-7 with the beatdown Cincy took. I thought those teams were equally bad, but the Steelers might still be decent. That whole division is pretty bad, though, with Cleveland looking like the playoff favorite right now.

I can't seem to get much better than 50% on picks so far this year.

I've "remembered" to pick one week so far. I'mma try and be a bit more consistent cuz it's fun times. I actually prefer against the spread, but will try and do both. 

Ya ATS is much more interesting IMHO. Picking SU there should only he a handful of games every week where you should have to think about who you want to take or your playing a losing game in the long run. 

On 9/19/2019 at 4:03 AM, Bolt said:

I'm only picking teams I WANT to Win, this season:

Wk 3

JAX>ten, CIN>buf, MIA>cow, DEN>g.b, ATL>ind, K.C>bal, MIN>oak, NYJ>n.e, DET>phi, ARZ>car, GIA>t.b, LAC>hou, SEA>n.o, S.F>pit, CLE>lar, CHI>wak

7-9

On 9/29/2019 at 4:05 AM, Bolt said:

TEN>atl, CLE>bal, BUF>n.e, DET>k.c, CAR>hou, IND>rai, LAC>mia, GIA>wak, ARZ>sea, LAR>t.b, CHI>min, JAX>den, SAI>cow, CIN>pit

9-6

Tonite:

SEA>lar

15 hours ago, Knobbe said:

I like Seattle tonight as well to cover.

Big turn of events in the first half when Seattle couldn't convert and missed a FG up 14-6 with less than 2 minutes to go. Rams go down and score and what might have been a 17-6 halftime lead was instead 14-13.

When the Seahawks scored the go-ahead TD (an easy catch turned into a circus catch by Carson) it was point spread time and Seattle couldn't convert. The Seahawks get that notable finger tip interception and their lack of interest in adding to their lead almost came back to bite them in the end.

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

Big turn of events in the first half when Seattle couldn't convert and missed a FG up 14-6 with less than 2 minutes to go. Rams go down and score and what might have been a 17-6 halftime lead was instead 14-13.

When the Seahawks scored the go-ahead TD (an easy catch turned into a circus catch by Carson) it was point spread time and Seattle couldn't convert. The Seahawks get that notable finger tip interception and their lack of interest in adding to their lead almost came back to bite them in the end.

This reminds me of the 1980s when the Raiders used to be good, there were always rumors that they would bet against themselves, then win the game and not cover the spread.

18 minutes ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

This reminds me of the 1980s when the Raiders used to be good, there were always rumors that they would bet against themselves, then win the game and not cover the spread.

A team could conceivably do this vs the Dolphins this year.

21 hours ago, Knobbe said:

If anyone cares enough start up a pickum thing on yahoo

I like Seattle tonight as well to cover.

Feeling this. These were fun when TSBGor would do this and give away 50 buck

Seriously, too late to really keep track, but I'm killing a few minutes here so here goes. 

Last night I cant' say honestly what I would have chosen, just cuz it was that close. 

I don't have the lines here, so I'm just picking winners for now. 

NE - WAS  DOY - Pats

BUF - TEN - Titans are ultimate Jekyll and Hyde squad imho. I think the Titans win a close game. 

BAL - PIT   - Pitt's at home, and Ben at home is always better than.. .oh wait, lol. I see the Ravens bouncing back from the 2 game losing streak in a war of attrition. These two teams BATTLE!

Jets - PHI - Eagles will fly at home, puling away comfortably late. 

Bears - RAI  - I think the Raiders surprise here. Win convincingly

Vikings - Giants   -  Cousins gets it going vs THE GMEN 2ndary. MIN wins

BuX at NO  -  Division rivalry of wackiness. I think NO wins again tho. Tight

ATL at HOU - ATL d is back in Quinn's hands, but will it matter in HOU? I'll say yes, but HOU still wins a nailbiter

PHX at CIN  -  CIN finally gets off the Schneid

JAGs at Panths - Minshew Magic baby, although Carolina's backup Allen is playing well too. Even without Jalen, I see Jags win streak continuing. 

DEN at SD  - Chargers 

GB at DAL - shootout . DAL wins

COLTS - KC  - Chiefs in a blowout

SF at CLE - SF win streak ends. CLE rocks

2 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

Seriously, too late to really keep track, but I'm killing a few minutes here so here goes. 

Last night I cant' say honestly what I would have chosen, just cuz it was that close. 

I don't have the lines here, so I'm just picking winners for now. 

NE - WAS  DOY - Pats

BUF - TEN - Titans are ultimate Jekyll and Hyde squad imho. I think the Titans win a close game. 

BAL - PIT   - Pitt's at home, and Ben at home is always better than.. .oh wait, lol. I see the Ravens bouncing back from the 2 game losing streak in a war of attrition. These two teams BATTLE!

Jets - PHI - Eagles will fly at home, puling away comfortably late. 

Bears - RAI  - I think the Raiders surprise here. Win convincingly

Vikings - Giants   -  Cousins gets it going vs THE GMEN 2ndary. MIN wins

BuX at NO  -  Division rivalry of wackiness. I think NO wins again tho. Tight

ATL at HOU - ATL d is back in Quinn's hands, but will it matter in HOU? I'll say yes, but HOU still wins a nailbiter

PHX at CIN  -  CIN finally gets off the Schneid

JAGs at Panths - Minshew Magic baby, although Carolina's backup Allen is playing well too. Even without Jalen, I see Jags win streak continuing. 

DEN at SD  - Chargers 

GB at DAL - shootout . DAL wins

COLTS - KC  - Chiefs in a blowout

SF at CLE - SF win streak ends. CLE rocks

It's CLE at SF, but I'm still sticking with CLE

My other eternal preferences this week:

NYJ>phi, CAR>jax, ARZ>cin, ATL>hou, SAI>buc, MIN>gia, CHI>rai, BAL>pit, TEN>buf, N.E>wak, DEN>lac, DAL>g.b, IND>k.c, CLE>s.f

Hopefully (for their sake) - and so far, they are - the Patriots are better than they were last year.  Because they weren't much of a champion last year:  it's just that the Rams weren't that good, and the Saints got fucked out of a S.B. appearance.

If the Patriots could be Champions without getting some NFL help/blowing Brady cock this season, that'd be cool...

I wonder how much Christian McCaffrey is motivated by "white men can't run."  Because - regardless - he's the best RB in the league, right now

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I wonder how much Christian McCaffrey is motivated by "white men can't run."  Because - regardless - he's the best RB in the league, right now

I don't think that's a factor. He has great genes. He's the son of WR Ed McCaffrey, and his grandfather on his mother's side - David Sime - was an Olympic sprinter who won a silver medal.