Knobbe

NFL 2019-20 Season Discussion

5 minutes ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Aaaaaaaand the Giants have become the Knicks.

Wouldn't the Knicks move be to instead of rebuilding for the future to double down and bring in washed up super stars? This is more of a 'we have no plan' situation.

They drafted an elite running back, a position notorious for not lasting long in the NFL. That's to compete now, right?  Then one year later they trade away one of the NFL's best offensive players and didn't franchise Landon Collins so now they're rebuilding?  The Giants unlike the Knicks have competent ownership.  Very much might want to look at getting a new GM.

7 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

Wouldn't the Knicks move be to instead of rebuilding for the future to double down and bring in washed up super stars? This is more of a 'we have no plan' situation.

They drafted an elite running back, a position notorious for not lasting long in the NFL. That's to compete now, right?  Then one year later they trade away one of the NFL's best offensive players and didn't franchise Landon Collins so now they're rebuilding?  The Giants unlike the Knicks have competent ownership.  Very much might want to look at getting a new GM.

I was mainly just comparing OBJ to Porzingis. Porzingis was supposed to be the Knicks foundation for the future while they developed young guys, then they traded him away so they could go after the washed up stars. I don't think the GIants are going after washed up stars, but OBJ was supposed to be one of their foundations of the future, and now they just trade him away. I don't think either team knows what it's doing.

Jets landed Levon Bell; surely didn't see that coming. Too bad they won't beat the Pats.

50 minutes ago, VGifted said:

Jets landed Levon Bell; surely didn't see that coming. Too bad they won't beat the Pats.

Bell should help with Darnold I think because you can check down to him. I guess we'll see what Gase does there.

Their defense was pretty bad with a "defensive coach" last year so what they do on that side of the ball probably matters a lot more for where they finish next season.

If Brady stays healthy it's hard to see New England falling to less than double digit wins.

Jets getting double digit wins is unlikely but they will compete. So far the Browns and Ravens are winning the Free Agency battle right now.

OBJ gone from Giants?

Good riddance !

Golden Tate is classier anyway.

Also - speaking of Giants - I went down my memory-lane this past SB, when Brandon Jacobs was on t.v. PREGAME and said he thought The NFL wanted Pats to win.  That was fun.  :-D

{By the way, I think Eli deserves to be in HOF; simply on merits that he beat GOAT twice.}

Goodnight

10 hours ago, Bolt said:

Are players eligible to play '19-20 nfl season if dey play '19 AAF?

Are players eligible to play '20 AAF season if dey play '19-20 nfl?

I think this article answers your questions: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820467-alliance-of-american-football-2019-player-salary-and-nfl-out-contract-clause

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left