Sammamish, WA - 7/27/19 Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 4 - Sammammish Smashmouth Tecmo at the Eagle's Nest

kamphuna8

Hey man you should checkout my original post it was about the cost of going to the PNW at some point which i really want to do.  This isn't something that is exactly cheap and easy and i honestly think i will someday just not this event.

6 hours ago, hankthetank said:

Hey man you should checkout my original post it was about the cost of going to the PNW at some point which i really want to do.  This isn't something that is exactly cheap and easy and i honestly think i will someday just not this event.

Would love to have you up for a CFT season.  We know all about how expensive it is to travel. I just need to know beforehand because set up for a CFT season is very labor intensive and need to know who will be there well in advance. I never plan on infringing upon Midwest Tecmo because it's at or near the top of my tecmo bucket list. In the run-up to announcing our date, I have to inquire amongst our PNW brethren what dates accommodate the most guys. I'd prefer earlier in July, 

As for OG rom, we do what no one else does (yet). Yes we draft and mix up the players and teams, but it's in an effort to play a SEASON with many teams that are much more even than you can on original carts. And, you can't play a SEASON on original carts with this many players in one day. But you can't get any more OG than playing a SEASON with stats conditions and injuries  on NES hardware. THIS is where it's at. And yeah, our crew is top notch as well. It's the best experience in tecmo in my not so humble opinion. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ummmm Guys? 11 days til CFT 4! We gonna have some special type shit erupting soon. In a good way, lol. 11 is the number of players that Tecmo Super Bowl got right over Tecmo Bowl (among MANY other things). I sense a SHAMAN in our midst... His cat just dropped a chipmunk at his feet... This sign is a favorable one...

CFT 4 Capsule Previews

Clark Conference

Mt. Saint Helens Division

Mt St Helens.JPG

1. BEARS1 Chicago Bears : Owner : Stu aka BoogieWithStu - Quarterback Troy Aikman is the cornerstone of an explosive young offense. With the emergence of running back Sammie Smith and fullback Tony Paige, the Bears have a more balanced offensive attack. Michael Irvin is the deep threat, while Kelvin Martin is the possession receiver. Tight end Jay Novacek is one of the best pass-catching tight ends in the league. Greg Townsend, Howie Long and Bob Golic compose one of the most formidable defensive lines in the CFT. Nose tackle Golic does a good job of tying up blockers and allowing linebackers Chris Spielman, Micheal Cofer, and Dennis Gibson to make tackles. Strong safety Joey Browner is a big-play maker who makes key hits and interceptions.

CHI OFF.JPGCHI DEF.JPG

2. BRONCOS1 Denver Broncos : Owner : Pete T aka ptitteri - Quarterback Vinny Testaverde times his throws well and has good anticipation of receivers Wendell Davis and Ron Morris, who have the speed to get open deep and the toughness to make a catch over the middle. No other running back possesses the speed, balance, and acceleration of the Broncos' Barry Sanders. Defensive end Richard Dent continues to be one of the league's premier pass rushers. The hustling pursuit of veteran linebacker Andre Collins makes it difficult to gain yards against the Broncos' defense. Versatile Jerry Gray is the prototype CFT defensive back.

DEN OFF.JPGDEN DEF.JPG

3. SEAHAWKS1 Seattle Seahawks : Owner : invader aka invaderstar64 - The running and passing of quarterback Rodney Peete ignite the Seattle offense. Marion Butts is the swiftest 250-pound running back in the league. The Seahawks would like to pair him in the backfield with Rod Bernstine or Ronnie Harmon. Ricky Proehl and Roy Green are a pair of sure-handed receivers with deceptive speed. Bubba McDowell leads Seattle's "Air Patrol" secondary.

SEA OFF.JPGSEA DEF.JPG

Mt. Hood Division

Mt Hood.JPG

1. GIANTS1 New York Giants : Owner : JoeyB aka JoeyHoneyB - The Giants have two of the most dangerous receivers in the league. Wide Receiver Hassan Jones takes some of the receiving burden of Anthony AC Carter and gives quarterback Ken O'Brien another deep threat. The running of John L. Williams and Derrick Fenner propels the Giants' "Ground Chuck" offense. Defensively, safety David Fulcher and outside linebacker Ken Harvey are a pair of heavy hitters who make receivers hear footsteps and ball carriers run scared. Nose tackle Jerry Ball does a good job of tying up blockers allowing linebackers Eric Hill and Anthony Bell to do a solid job of stuffing the run.

NY OFF.JPGNY DEF.JPG

2. EAGLES1 Philadelphia Eagles : Owner : Hanging Chadwick - The Eagles believe in the magic of quarterback Don Majkowski. The confident passer does an excellent job of locating receivers Sterling Sharpe and Perry Kemp downfield. The Eagles are using the two-back set more often to better utilize the running and receiving skills of Albert Bentley. Tight end Ed West is a valuable possession receiver. Linebackers Derrick Thomas and Percy Snow wreak havoc on opposing ball carriers and quarterbacks. Cornerbacks Albert Lewis and Kevin Ross and safeties Kevin Porter and Deron Cherry make up one of the best secondaries in the league.

PHI OFF.JPGPHI DEF.JPG

3. 49ERS1 San Francisco 49ers : Owner : gripsmoke -  The 49ers are hard to stop because they have so many weapons. Joe Montana is arguably the finest quarterback ever to play, and when he's not passing to his receivers, he's handing off to running backs James Brooks and Ickey Woods. Wide receiver Robert Clark will catch anything he gets his hands on. Linebackers Kevin Murphy and Eugene Marve lead an aggressive defense.

SF OFF.JPGSF DEF.JPG

Lewis Conference

Mt. Baker Division

Mt Baker.JPG

1. COWBOYS1 Dallas Cowboys : Owner : kamphuna8 aka turbohuna4eva! - Quarterback Billy Joe Tolliver is a good medium-to-short-range passer and has top receivers Mark Clayton and Mark Duper and tight end Ferrell Edmunds. Few teams run the football like the Cowboys. Running backs Dalton Hilliard and Rueben Mayes and burly fullback Craig "Ironhead" Heyward are hard-nosed ball carriers that keep the first down markers moving. Defensively, Freddie Joe Nunn excels as a pass rusher and the Cowboys have arguably the best linebackers in the league in Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, and Gary Reasons.

DAL OFF.JPGDAL DEF.JPG

2. CHIEFS1 Kansas City Chiefs : Owner : manyo aka madmanyo720 aka madmanyo360 aka Blue Luigi - Jim Harbaugh is one of the most accurate passers in the CFT. Regardless of who's playing quarterback, the Cheefz' offense will move the football. The running and receiving skills of Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen, and Steve Smith keep opposing defenses off balance. At 6-5. 274 pounds, tight end Eric Green is the largest deep threat in the league. Defensive linemen Cortez Kennedy, Tony Woods, Jacob Green and Joe Nash are excellent against the run and the pass. Linebackers Rufus Porter and David Wyman make good reads and always find the ball. Quarterbacks should be aware of ballhawking cornerback Wayne Haddix. 

KC OFF.JPGKC DEF.JPG

3. RAMS1 Los Angeles Rams : Owner : Bruddog - Sticky fingered receiver Andre Rison is quarterback John Fourcade's favorite target. Versatile Merril Hoge who plays both running back positions, is a dangerous receiver out of the backfield. The hustling pursuit of veteran defensive end Charles Mann makes it difficult to gain yards against the Rams defense. The Rams 4-3 defense is well suited for the pass rushing skills of defensive tackle Ray Childress. Linebackers Al Smith and Johny Meads excel at stuffing the run. Few defensive backs close on the ball and have a knack for interceptions like Rams' strong safety Mark carrier.

LARAM OFF.JPGLARAM DEF.JPG

4. CARDINALS1 Phoenix Cardinals : Owner : ~ Tailback King ~ aka The Rida! - Quarterback Wade Wilson is a poised leader who will not panic in the pocket. Running backs Johnny Johnson and Anthony Thompson make up one of the finest young backfields in the league. Receivers Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson, and Ricky Nattiel may lack size, but they make clutch receptions. Defensive ends Chris Doleman and Al Noga are quick off the ball. The Cardinals' linebackers are the strength of their defense. Outside linebackers Pat Swilling and Rickey Jackson excel as pass rushers and inside linebackers Sam Mills and Vaughan Johnson are solid against the run and in pass coverage.  Strong safety Tim McDonald hits like a linebacker and covers receivers like a cornerback. 

PHX OFF.JPGPHX DEF.JPG

Mt. Rainier Division

Mt Rainier.JPG

1. FALCONS1 Atlanta Falcons : Owner : DT aka DTfromBtown - When the Falcons want to run over defenders, they pair Kevin Mack and Leroy Hoard in the backfield. When they want to run around defenders, they give the ball to speedy scatback Eric Metcalf. Speedy receiver Anthony Miller consistently beats double coverage. Linebacker John Offerdahl leads Atlanta's "Grits Blitz" defense. Free safety Scott Case gives excellent support against the run. Cornerback Deion (Prime Time) Sanders is one of the fastest players in the league.

ATLOff.JPGATLDef.JPG

2. BENGALS1 Cincinnati Bengals : Owner : Tick aka White Tick - Whenever Phil Simms is looking to pass, he can count on his posse-wide receivers, Gary Clark, Art Monk, and Ricky Sanders to come up with a clutch reception. The developing Blair Thomas and rejuvenated Freeman McNeil propel the Bengals' offense. Defensive End Bruce Smith is a dominating presence who directly affects opposing offensive game plans. Linebackers Jessie Tuggle, Michael Reid, and Darion Conner lead Cincinnati's "Tick's Sticks" defense.

CIN OFF.JPGCIN DEF.JPG

3. RAIDERS1  Los Angeles Raiders : Owner : XtraLargent - John Elway's cannon arm and nimble feet make him very difficult to defend. The Raiders wear down their opponents with their run-oriented ball-control offense. Ottis Anderson and Rodney Hampton are explosive ball carriers and scatback Dave Meggett is a dangerous receiver out of the backfield. Wide receivers Webster Slaughter and Reggie "Foghorn" Langhorne are aggressive receivers who will go into the interior of the defense to make a reception. Burt Grossman and Lee Williams do a fine job of pressuring the quarterback. Unsung cornerback Terry McDaniel will make quarterbacks regret trying to throw at him.

LARAI OFF.JPGLARAI DEF.JPG

On 7/19/2019 at 10:33 AM, bruddog said:

Power rankings of the teams using the same method used to rank the original rom teams

unknown.png

unknown.png

Uhhhhhhh........the Cardinals should be 1st in every offensive catagory..........why you might ask???....because Johnny Johnson on the muthaphukk!n' team.  NUFSAID.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:59 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Well if "so I can whip Tailback King's a$$ at Tecmo" means gettin' stomped, stuffed, and smashed by Johnny Johnson for 15 ta 20 minutes while your Tecmo soul slowly bleeds and oozes outta your thumb and the pours of your skin in the most painful and humiliating way possible,................then yes, it would be fun to hang out with you too...but then it'll be kinda hard to hitchhike with two broken thumbs, a bruised ego, and a sore a$$ from Johnny Johnson kickin' the $#!t out of it.

*BUMP*  @hankthetank ..................this goes to all you other b!tchez in the tournament too!!!!!!!!!!  ......especially @bruddog

manyo, you fuqin coward/bastard. skipping the draft so you can optimize and strategize the optimum lineup, not having to worry about people swiping your next pick and messing up your strategy.

My four headed hydra will blaze your pathetic two trick pony and then blaze all the joints you are so kindly sharing (probably)

Behold a real sig, you sleeveless "All Star" cranking SMASHMOUTH fanboi

cft4.jpg

7 hours ago, gripsmoke said:

manyo, you fuqin coward/bastard. skipping the draft so you can optimize and strategize the optimum lineup, not having to worry about people swiping your next pick and messing up your strategy.

My four headed hydra will blaze your pathetic two trick pony and then blaze all the joints you are so kindly sharing (probably)

Behold a real sig, you sleeveless "All Star" cranking SMASHMOUTH fanboi

well you see grip, theres strategies---and then theres TACTIX......

and tomorrow when you behold my *real* sig, you will know i have mastered both on my way to yet another CFT sig championship.... oh, AND Supah Bowl title!!!

{and yeah, bubbles will be there doin' work once again!}

GAME DAY, BITCHEZ!!!!!!!!

"In all kinds of warfare, the direct approach is used for attack, but the oblique is what achieves victory. A general who understands the use of the oblique has a source of tactics as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, which, like the Rivers and the Oceans, will never run dry. Like the Sun and Moon, they diminish and then replenish; they constantly renew themselves like the cycle of the Four Seasons. There are only five basic notes in music, but their variations are infinite. There are only five primary colours, but when blended, their shades and hues are limitless. There are only five principal tastes, but their combinations produce more flavours than can ever be tasted. In military strategy, there is only the direct and the oblique, but between them they offer an inexhaustible range of tactics. The direct and the oblique lead naturally one into the other, like an ever-turning wheel, so who can ever exhaust their resource? The surge of rolling flood-water washes away boulders: this is called momentum. The swoop of a falcon strikes and kills its prey: this is called timing. Thus for a skilled warrior, his momentum must be irresistible and his timing precise. Momentum is the tension in a crossbow arm; timing is the pulling of the trigger."

--sun tzu, the art of war

Another historic day of Tecmo Super Bowl. Props to all who participated. This was perhaps the most competitive field in PNW history. Top props to @ptitteri for staying up and getting an impressive victory, @kamphuna8 for pouring your Tecmo soul into the event and playing incredibly down the stretch, and Joey B who probably wont see this cause he doesn't get down with this online  bullshit, but thanks for letting a bunch of derelicts trounce about the Eagles Nest.

UPDATED PNW RANK

@kamphuna8  34

@DT.  22

@ptitteri  20

@gripsmoke  18

@Tick  16

@XtraLargent  12

@fairfensheeding  12

@invader_star64  11

@boogiewithstu  10

@manYo720  8

JOEY B  7

@~Tailback King~  4

@bruddog  2

James Brooks  2

MORT  2

@moonwalk  2

@SirTed  2

Shermy80  1

Neckbeard  1

@red98sethuthut  1

@The1991Huskies  1

@SuperSonics  1

-Depreciation for Portland II

-Finishes no longer considered for Mayhem 5

-CFT 4 pts were Ptits with 8, Kamp, Grip, Tick with 4, Bru, Stu, Joe, and Wagg with 2, me with bupkis

Til next time!

• Knobbe unpinned this topic