Sign in to follow this  
BigFatPaulie

Hall of Fame 1993 Candidates

Posted (edited)

Reminder of the Criteria:

The WTF Hall of Fame will ran by the HOF Committee.  The Committee will consist of the HOF Commissioner (myself) and 5 committee members.  The introductory committee will consist of Drake, Kamp, Stalltalk, Arncoem, and Bo.  The Commissioner will nominate all eligible players and the committee will vote.  Only the Committee members can vote, but all league owners can respond and discuss in the voting forum.

Guidelines for Eligibility:

A player will require 66% of the vote to become a hall member.

The player has to have played at least 5 seasons.

The player has to have retired at least 3 seasons ago.

A player can only be eligible a maximum of three different times.  If they don't accumulate enough votes three times, they can no longer be eligible in the future.

There will be a maximum of 5 eligible players allowed for nomination per year.  There will be no minimum.

Owners are eligible to join the HOF, but must have played at least 10 seasons or impacted the league dramatically (ie, Brooks-wtfphile)

1993 HOF Candidates:

John Elway, QB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=1432

John Elway was selected with the 1st overall pick in the 1983 draft by the Green Bay Packers.  Though his career was cut somewhat short due to injuries, Elway was as accurate and precise as they come.  John Elway was the 1983 Offensive Rookie of the Year, 3 time All-Pro and Pro-Bowler.  He has the 2nd highest career passer rating of 130, and is 3rd all time in completion percentage.  He never had a season under 114 passer rating and finished with 209 td's to only 42 interceptions.  He also added 1,500 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground.

Hokie Gajan, RB  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=1142

Hokie Gajan was never blessed with incredible speed, but utilized his elusiveness, power, and versatility to become of the best running backs in WTF.  Gojan is a 3 time All-Pro and 8 time Pro-Bowler.  He is 4th all time in rushing yards, 6th in rb receptions,10th in rushing td's and 7th in total td's.  Gajan finished his career with a 8.9 ypc, 15,789 rushing yards, and 144 total touchdowns.

Drew Hill, WR  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=348

Drew Hill was the 1st round pick for the Cleveland Browns franchise in the inaugural WTF draft.  After a brief retirement after his first season, Hill came back to dominate the World Tecmo Federation.  Hill was a 5 time All-Pro and Pro-Bowler.  He had a 6 year stretch where he averaged 1,900 yards and 17 tds including the 1984 season where he set the single season records for yards and receptions with  91/2,926/22.  He also owns the 3rd most receiving yards in season and 3rd most receptions in a season as well.  Age eventually caught up to Drew Hill but he finished his career 2nd all time in receiving yards, 2nd in receptions, and had 144 receiving touchdowns.

Freddie Solomon, WR  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=349

Freddie Solomon was one of the main cogs of the Pittsburgh Steelers run 'n' gun offense that dominated the 80's.  Solomon was a model of consistency and dominance as he is a 7 time All-Pro, an 8 time Pro-Bowler, and a 2 time Super Bowl Champ.  He dominates all the WTF receiving records.  Solomon is 1st all time in receptions, 1st in receiving yards, 1st in receiving touchdowns (2nd all time is 80 touchdowns away from his record), and holds the top 3 receiving touchdown single season records with 32/31/30.

Kellen Winslow, TE  http://www.wtf2.puretecmo.com/main/player_hist.php?pID=379

Kellen Winslow is the 1st Tight End to be nominated for the WTF Hall of Fame.  At a position often neglected, Winslow showed the league how he could transform an offense.  Winslow is an 8 time All-Pro and 10 time Pro-Bpwler.  He dominated the tight end position for 11 seasons.  At the time of his retirement he was 1st all time in tight end receiving yards, receptions, and touchdowns.  In his first year of action he set the record yards per catch in a season with an astounding 58.0 ypc.  He finished his career with 4 seasons over 900 yards, 37 ypc, and 81 touchdowns.

Edited by BigFatPaulie

Posted (edited)

Hall of Fame Votes from Arncoem 

RB 

Hokie 

WRs 

Drew Hill 

Freddie Solomon 

TE 

kellen Winslow 

Edited by arncoem

Posted (edited)

I think that Elway’s career ending early hurt him as he would’ve been up there battling Marino for 1st place had he been managed so protected until 31 from retirement.   His rating is high but his TDS Are around 50% of what record is as well as yards.  It’s too bad we didn’t get a few more years of Elway to see him climb. 

Hokie i originally thought he was too short but just looked at his stats in depth and realized I was wrong.  He’s getting my vote! 

Its too bad he missed his roll after 1 year in SF as he could’ve continued on for a few more & moved up the ladder even more 

But even so he was a beast w a 2,000 yard year season under his belt too 

Solomon & Hill easy shoe-in for votes. 

And Winslow was a beast ! He & Hoby B. set the bar very high for TE to follow.  Outside of Keith Jackson in TB idk if any other TE will touch their numbers.  

Edited by arncoem

Posted (edited)

A somewhat premature retirement drops Elway's potential totals some obviously, but I certainly can't hold it against him. Season 2 with the injuries and low production hurt the average some, but overall the quality is very high. Everyone in Stall's division was very glad to see him go. Elway gets a yes from me.

Gajan definitely impresses with only 4 seasons at 56ms. Aging, then injuries in his final season, leading to lower numbers, foreshadowed his retirement, but it's hard to top this bang for your buck in a RB. Yes for Hokie.

Both Freddie and Drew fell off at the end of their careers in production (Drew largely because he fell into my hands :) ) - but Solomon's numbers dwarf Hill's (edit: TD wise). Only room for one WR this season from me - Solomon yes, Hill no.

Gaudy numbers for a TE in Winslow, definitely worthy of the first TE induction. Yes.

Edited by drake

WOW. This looks like a really strong class. Can you tell the WTF story without mentioning any of these guys? I don't think so.

Elway, top overall pick, highly efficient AND a winner! Long enough career for me. YES

Hokie, I'll admittedly say I'm biased. If I had stayed in the league... oh man. Hokie was my wet dream lol. But looking at his stats after I left, he continued to put up impressive numbers. Not bad for a 38ms rookie. YES

Both the WRs Hill and Solomon put up some stupid gawdy numbers. And Solomon won 2 superb owls. YES to both.

Winslow a superb owl winner and dominant TE . YES

My votes: 

Drew Hill

Freddie Solomon

Hokie Gajan

I left off Elway because I think his early retirement hurts the numbers. Definitely not having a stud defense and running up the score like other QBs hurt him.  But he was highly efficient in his career, but just doesn't strike me as a first-ballot hall of famer. Maybe if he gets on again. 

And with Winslow - I left him off as well. Definitely had a couple Hall of Fame seasons, but hovering around the 20 catch mark, and below at times in his career, doesn't seem worthy of a first ballot. Obviously, the TE position isn't used as much, but I gotta keep him off in his first year of eligibility.   

Elway: His overall numbers don't blow me away and originally I wasn't going to vote for him.  After digging in, it's hard to find much fault, as he was crazy consistent every season and can't fault him for a somewhat short career.  YES

Gajan: Again, super consistent. 9 straight seasons of over 1,400 rushing yards. 8 pro bowls in 10 seasons. Top 5 overall in rushing yards.  YES

Hill: Probably the only class where he would be the second best wr.  Dominant during his era.  YES

Solomon: No brainer.  YES

WInslow: Owned every tight end record when he retired.  10 pro bowls in 11 seasons.  YES

With turBO still to vote the vote tally is at:

3 of 5 votes for QB John Elway 

5 of 5 votes for RB Hokie Gagan 

4 of 5 votes for WR Drew Hill 

5 of 5 votes for WR Freddie Solomon

4 of 5 votes for TE Kellen Winslow 

Elway gets the ... in bc I don't think he'd get in on his second ballot either, and he was ROY and a beast while on the field. The clashes will only get stronger.

Posted (edited)

With that all 5 nominees are in ! Congrats go out to:

@stalltalk on John Elway’s behalf

@kamphuna8 / @tadaos / @arncoem on Hokie Gagan’s behalf 

@Swamp Chicken & @DT. on Freddie Solomon’s behalf 

@BigFatPaulie / @MRTECMOSUPERBOWL / @drake / @dukesta on Drew Hill’s behalf 

(The single season in Washington MRT led Drew Hill on his record setting 1984 season w/ 91 receptions & 2,926 yards w/ 22 TDs that cemented Hill’s hof career) 

@TonkaTecmo / @amellowdude / @purplehaze on Kellen Winslow’s behalf 

Edited by arncoem