Chicago, IL -4/6/19 -Tecmo Players Championship II

Here is a link to the 2nd Tecmo Players Championship being run by Mort

https://www.signupforms.com/registrations/17288

Dmen Tap 2849 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618
Saturday, April 6, 2019 at 9:00am - 7:00pm CDT
The tecmo Players Championship is back from year two.  In basic it is a high rollers tecmo tournament.  It features more guaranteed games, bigger prizes and a field of the best players.  Please fill out the form.  You will be redirected to my PayPal for the entry fee.  Feel free to pay now or before the event.  Please note I have a 40 spot limit and it is first come first serve based on paid entries.  The entry fee is $100 from what i've heard.

So far 18 confirmed
2 more for 20 which would mean the following for payouts
1300-1st
900-2nd
500-3rd
200-4th
100-5th
Edited by hankthetank

22 hours ago, 8-bit said:

It would help bring in more players by offering a bounty on a few of the top players. That way you can show up and win some cash without making the finals. Just a thought.

You're ready to take the next step buddy.  You've been beating top guys.

• Knobbe pinned this topic

Lot's of top tier competition "and also myself" it looks like as 16 are signed up

Francis Buennagel Mort 
Tom S. RSG
Dave Watski "the shark"
Dan S.. DPS
Tim M. (Bloomington Tecmo) 
Derrick R. (tecmo psycho) 
Louis B. (TecmoLou) 
Joseph M. (Green Majik)
Joey C. (Joeygats) 
Matt T. (Mattgt37) 
Tyler G (tylergoad)
Chris R. (Big Papa Poops)
Ben. (Darthrockman) 
Jesse G. (Hoss Rocket)
Tim U. (The Shield)
Hank D. (Hank the tank)

Likely Additions

Rico- Free Entry

Justin Peters -Half off Entry

Still trying to iron out potential conflicts that weekend, but the intention is to come, bring the broadcast equipment, and stream the action on Tom's channel.  I hope your viewers like my voice, because they're bound to hear a lot of it.

Only a few days away from The Tecmo Players Championship II! As of Monday Flo said he was coming as well and we sit at 20 players that I know of. I went into last year knowing I wasn't ready for this heavy of competition yet. I beat Hank, Flo and TecmoBo last year to end up 3-10. Tecmo Gods willing I plan on doing much better this year. If you're on the fence this is the most guaranteed Tecmo games (11) that I've ever heard of at a tournament. We're having a meetup at Dmen Tap the night before and will be having our Dmen Tap Tecmo League Super Bowl with RSG (Tom Jets) vs Pig (Todd Daniels Wash). After that or possibly during we'll be having tons of warmup games and however many shots of malort you want to do with me. I am so excited to see you all again and cannot wait for this. Love you all, see you all soon.

DPS

16 hours ago, joeygats said:

great tournament and incredible payouts! $500 for 3rd place are you kidding? awesome sauce!

congrats to

@Darth RockMan for bringing home that trophy!  hopefully next year we get a bigger turnout

@Darth RockMan was big time in this tournament.  Taking two from @Tecmo Psycho and Mort back to back is no small feat.  For those that were looking for the stream link, it's here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGk4vlME4wQ

Due to the length of the event, and upload limitations, Youtube deemed it necessary to end things after game 1 between Rock and Mort.  It's my goal to have that footage separated from our local recording and uploaded as a separate video this week.

For those that might be wondering what the longer pauses might be for, it's because of the round robin nature of the tournament, and the format itself.  Because you couldn't call a match up your opponent had played in, as well as yourself, additional time and consideration was needed to determine what would be permitted.  Due to the marathon style of the tournament with 10-11 round robin games plus the bracket, people needed a brief pause in between each game.  I did not witness or hear about many blowouts, so the nerves of each player were certainly tested.

As this continues to grow, I would imagine reducing the number of RR games will be a reality.  I'd also imagine a possible reduction in play in games down to 1, as well as earlier bracket rounds potentially to accelerate the timeline before going best 2/3.  Those decisions take place elsewhere of course.

Congrats to the RSG guys for putting on another great event.  It was fun to be there.

On another note, someone had the bright idea of playing "Goodbye Horses" again.(Buffalo Bill cross dressing scene from Silence of the Lambs)  This happened during the TPC I during bracket play last year.  @toolie and I noticed it, and despite his absence this year, I let him know it happened again.  Here was his response.

"Would you lurch me?  I'd lurch me..."

I know @joeygats likes huge turnouts.  Marginal growth of even just 10 people would add another $1,000 into the prize pool.  The tournament is all about quality of competition, combined with quantity of games.  Sure, your buy in is essentially doubled when compared to other national tournaments, but you get more than double the games, so keep that in mind when contemplating attending this in the future.

GG everyone

• DFM unpinned this topic