Sign in to follow this  
War Machine

Thunderdome XI Game Recaps: Group Play

Your Group>> Group #7 > G

Who won toss>> Player121xk

Matchup called by coin toss winner>> SD DEN

Team that coin toss loser chose>> SD

Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.>> DEN set the tone early w solid drive making the SD D advantage look negligent. SD answered but grinding. Up by 7 after the half DEN got the big D stop to hold SD to 3, looked like that was gonna be the game breaker, but on next drive SD called play rumble rumble for 7, and again on next drive DEN would fumble for a turnover this time across midfield. Nothing you can do sometimes when the Gods call for souls. GG Player121 you had all the momentum, mad respect.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns9

tdome3.nsv

Dolo's group (11 I think?)

Swamp vs me, ans Swamp won the toss

He called RAM vs MIA, and I took MIA

Swamp gets the ball first and drives down to the redzone, but Jimbo misfires on a couple of timed JJ's and it's TOD. I peel off a long run and a long pass and score. Swamp Drives again but overtaps and throws a pick in the EZ. I hit a couple burn routes to Duper and then Jensen, and it's 14-0. Last second heave by Swamp before half is no good. I score after half, but had to convert on a 4th and long to do it. Swamp hits a deep pass and scores on a burn route. Sammie Smith goes into EXC and tears off a few chunky runs and scores. Swamp hits a deep JJ but fumbles, and I'm forced to score again to get the 28pt diff (sorry Swamp). GG GLRW

35-7 Miami wins

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

• Group H
  • Simon won the toss
  • GB-CLE
  • I take the Browns

I force punt on first two Packers drive and score TD's on mine to go up 14-0.  Second half a little ball control and defense seals the deal.  21-3 Win.  GG Simon!

• Group 13
  • Rico
  • MIN / WAS
  • MIN
  • Rico is WAS and Riddler is MIN - 7 to 7 at the half as Rico missed low on a FG from my 45ish - MIN gets ball 1st but misses FG off the upright from about 40ish - AC makes a diving bomb¬† TD catch after cross field throw - Rico has 3:30 minutes to score.¬† Picks up a big 4th and 1 at mid-field as Millard gets popcorned.¬† Then a P2 streak¬†to Riggs as RB2 gets to 30ish with 1 minute to go.¬† Riddler is nervous but big INT by the drone on an overthrow in the back of the endzone seals the game

• Group 5
  • Stubby won the coin toss
  • Chargers vs Broncos
  • Stubby chose the Broncos
  • GG, Stubby played well but could not contain the Chargers
  • Game is on my channel www.twitch.tv/prime5

Group K 

ptitteri vs HughMillenNation

Hugh wins toss and calls DAL/PHX, Pete takes DAL.

Opening drive for Hugh quickly results in a sack/safety. Hugh gets a big stop on 4th and 7 to get the ball back, and nets a FG to go up 3-2. Ptitteri's FG attempt blocked as the half ends, 3-2. 

2nd half more staunch D from both sides. Del-Greco doinks a FG in the 4th, leading to Dal last ditch drive.  

Emmitt bravely (stupidly?) eschews the sidelines and runs it in as time expires for the 9-3 win.

PKT

• Group B: Stalltalk vs. Middledoug
  • Stalltalk won toss
  • Cowboys/Cardinals
  • Cowboys
  • Cardinals' defense was on point in this one, forcing a 3-and-out to start the game and the offense got it started with a long drive eventually leading to Tupa coming in and handing to Johnson for a score, 7-0.¬† The Cards D continued with great coverage and called a bunch of plays to help themselves out, but two fumbles by the offense kept the score 7-0 and obtainable for Aikman and the Cowboys.. but a late INT to McDonald sealed it as the Cardinals were able to drive down and kick a FG (which looked off), to take a 10-0 lead and eventually win 10-0.¬† ¬†Cardinals, 10-0.
Edited by stalltalk

group B

i won toss

jets phx

he took phx

good grind it out game all day.  im really trying to get used to online way different than live, trying to make comeback from not playing online for a few years.  congrats to him but i ended up winning 10-7 gg again middle.

Edited by hawkeye98

ArncoEM vs KMolnar (group k)

Arnco won toss called Denver/SD- Kmolnar picked SD, SD won toss, opted to kick (cause they say you have a 56% chance of winning a tecmo game if you kick first. Via my drunk friend)

Q1

Denver marches down the field with a combo of Humphrey's runs and Elway dink and dunk passes. TD by Humphrey, Den 7-0

SD marches down the field with a big run by Butts (via Walker chop block) but stalls on the 10 yard line to end the quarter.

Q2

SD Kicks a FG Den-7, SD-3

Den's offense stalls on their own 45, opting to punt on a 4th and 9, 

SD (Butts in good) after 2 straight Vlasic sacks (not called plays, ignorance by player) Butts cuts a 23 yard run, 4th and 3 on own 27, butts breaks a TD run, SD- 10- Den-7

Denver couldn't get a deep JJ to close out the half.

Q3

SD ball Tolliver in, Big gain to Miller to get into red zone, burn route catch to caravello for the TD. SD-17, Den-7

Den marches back down the field with ease, burn route from elway to johnson for the TD

SD- 17, Den-14

SD w/ the ball w/ less than 1 min left, Diving catch by Caravello for a big gain to close out the quarter. SD at midfield

Q4

1st play, Butts gets blocker help to take care of Player controlled defender for the TD

SD- 24 Den 14

Denver responds fast with several big humphrey runs followed by a mark jackson TD catch on a burn route 

SD- 24 Den 21 (2:08 remaining)

Onside kick no go, Tolliver runs back 20 yards

Tolliver throws an int but Braxton immediately fumbles, recovered by Caravello for a TD

SD- 31- Den-21(tecmo at its garbage finest)

thunderdome_arnco_vs_kmolar.nsv

Edited by kmolnar3298

Group L

ODell v Tundrayeti

Game 1

ODell wins toss calls Bucs and Rams.  Tundra takes the Rams.  Bucs will receive.  Get a goalline stand to take a 10-0 lead into the locker room.  Rams Everett to a streaking LWR for their first score.  Rams force a punt, and grab their first lead with about 3 min left.  An Exc Vinny takes the Bucs down the field, finding Carrier for the game winner at the horn.  Great game Yeti!

Group M 

Da_Riddler85 wins the toss

Calls JETS-PIT

Toolie takes PIT

PIT gets the ball first and has a long TD drive.  Woodson gets a pick but Warren fumbles it right back.  Jets get a JJ to tie things up, and PIT gets a FG to take a 10-7 lead into the half.  Jets punt on their first drive and PIT adds another FG.  Jets turn it over on downs and PIT runs one in for a 20-7 lead.  Al Toon wills a TD with under a minute to go, but the onside is recovered by the Steelers.  20-14 final. 

GG @Da_Riddler!

GROUP E

Ziur gets toss calls CHI RAMS....I'm sure he wants to me to pick CHI, but no thanks RAMS it is

CHI kicks delay induced accidental onsides to open game. Ziur apologizes for being cheap but keeps it. Rams D bends some but tightens in the red zone and hold Bears to 3. Next kickoff? Another accidental onsides. Yah, if he got another I might strangle myself, but he doesn't, and Ellard snags it. You bet your ass I'm taking that cheap one in for 7 too. LOL.

The rest can be summarized pretty easily, it got ugly. The OTHER Bhump jumps up and snags 2 JJ INT from Tomczak. Gary fumbles one away deep in Ram Territory, but Tomczak manages to throw another INT at the goalline. Rams roll on big passes to Anderson and Ellard and Cleveland jumps up into EXC. CHI connects on a few deep field bombs in garbage time, but the game was already out of hand. Rams punch one more in as time expires, gotta try to even up the pt diff some.

RAMS win 35 to CHI's 17

GG Ziur

Group K

Arncoem vs Ptitteri

Arncoem wins toss and calls CHI/KC, Ptitteri selects KC

Final score 35-0 KC over CHI

Early Arn fumble sets the tone, KC converts to go up 7-0. Arn gets a stop, but gives it back with an INT to Snow - KC converts to go up 14-0 at half. KC gets the ball at half and drives for a 21-0 lead, putting the game out of reach.

GG Arn

Edited by ptitteri

Group H (8)

8-Bit vs Simplesimon

8-Bits wins coin toss and calls Rams Vikings matchup, I choose the Vikes.

I KO and the Rams drive down to midfield before a JJ catch at the goal line by Ellard sets up a 1yd TD plunge by Cleveland Gary. 7-0 Rams.  Vikes get ensuing KO and can't do anything with it and punt it away pinning the Rams inside their 20yd line.  Cleveland Gary fumbles early in the drive and it appears to be ripe for the Vikes to pick up but the Rams recover dodging a bullet.  The Rams would have to subsequently punt to close out the 1st qtr. A "good" Herschel starts to hum and churn out some long gains on the ground capped by a 20yd scamper for a TD to tie the score 7-7.  Too much clock left for the Rams to mount their own TD drive culminated by a 70yd JJ to Ellard at the 5yd line and outtaps to score the TD.  14-7 Rams as the half ends shortly there after.  Vikes receive the 2nd half KO and again lean on Hershel for the heavy lifting to garner a TD for the Vikes and tie the score 14-14. Rams try to answer by driving near midfield before Browner get his 1st INT in the game around the 50yd line late in the 3rd qtr.  Everett and Flipper are in "bad" condition btw.  The Vikes start the 4th qtr with the ball and drive to the 23yd line of the Rams before settling for a FG attempt that Fuad Reviez misses.  Still tied 14-14.  Rams try to back and B and Everett throws his 2nd INT to Browner just inside the EZ.  Vikes try to take the lead by driving into Rams territory before throwing a JJ INT to Humphries of the Rams inside the 20yd line.  With a little over a minute left the Rams mount a drive and then go for the game ending JJ attempt for a TD but it is overthrown and picked off by Browner for the 3rd time in the end zone with only 1 tick left on the clock.  Vikes have one play to try to break the tie in regulation and call on RedGun Z but manned player Kevin Greene rushes the QB  which forces a premature throw to Steve Jordan at the top of the screen.  Jordan catches it at about the Rams 45yd line and is able to out run the rest of the Rams D to score the winning TD with zeros on the clock.  Vikes win a thriller 21-14.  GG 8-Bit, awesome competitor. MVP's are Herschel Walker with just over 250yd rushing and Joey Browner with 3 INT's for the game.  I advance to the bracket with the victory.   

thunderdome_simon.nsv

Battle of 0-2's playing for pride.

AC wins toss and elects KC-MIA

player121xk takes MIA

AC wins toss and kicks

first three drives go for TDs, 14-7 player leads at half

AC scores on first drive of 2nd half to tie game 14-14

player fumbles after a called play completion

Deberg hits McNair on P3, split back crossing route (TE)

player fumbles again

Deberg hits McNair on P3, split back crossing route (TE)

Statistics nearly identical with 9 first downs apiece and total yardage within 10 as well. Fumbles cost player a chance.

28-14 final in favor of AC for first career thunderdome win.

Now, who has a league slot open for me?!?!? :)

Edited by ACSlater

Group K

Hank vs Bigred

Hank wins toss and chooses Clev-GB

Hank- Cleveland

Bigred- Packers

This was streamed so you can go back and watch it.    All tied at 21 and Big Reds offense plays a perfect 5 minutes game ending drive to win it on  FG

24-21

gg Hank

ON TO THE BRACKET BABY!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Jebigred said:

Group K

Hank vs Bigred

Hank wins toss and chooses Clev-GB

Hank- Cleveland

Bigred- Packers

This was streamed so you can go back and watch it.    All tied at 21 and Big Reds offense plays a perfect 5 minutes game ending drive to win it on  FG

24-21

gg Hank

ON TO THE BRACKET BABY!!!!!!

GROUP A MATCH UP: Eifer vs The Shield

I won the toss and selected Eagles vs 49ers game

49ers went up early 14 - 0 in the first quarter after Randal the vandal fumbled, 

After that, everything went to Eagles way,  where they scored 35 unanswered points

2 fumbles and 1 interception made the game ugly for 49ers

Final score: Eagles 35 49ers 14

GG the shield...

Joeygats VS the_shield

I won the toss and called the same matchup I beat him at tundra with, SD Philly. He once again took Philly like anyone would.

After the tecmo gods struck me down on an earlier game, they decided they would repay me and boy did they ever.  After fumbling the opening kickoff and getting it back the Chargers moved the ball down the field. A 4th and 1 at the two and I decided to go for it. It's Joeygats! I need all the damn points I can get. He calls my play and kudos to him. I was pissed and took a big gulp of my beer. Lucky for me it was going down well. After a few plays, Randell decided to pass it and Oneal decided to pick it off. He basically saved my job for me this game. 

I proceeded to move the ball into the endzone for a 7-0 lead with around a  minute left to go till half. Some how one of Gats' JJ TD's didn't happen and I still have the lead at half. I proceeded to again take a nice pull from the craft beer.

Gats received the kickoff and had a nice drive moving down the field and came up with a pretty big 4th down at midfield, 4th and 7 or something like that. He decides to run the ball with Randell who was in good and Oneal breaks off of him man and tries to stuff his ass before the 1st down marker. The sides change and SD takes over at midfield. Philly plays good D and holds SD to a pretty long field goal, 10-0. The ensuing kickoff Philly fumbles it and SD recovers it. A couple plays later The Pickle scrambles for I believe a 10yd TD run, I again pull  from the craft beer. That was a funny TD run. 17-0. Gats decides to run around for a couple minutes with Randell and ends up not scoring. A game I didn't think I stood a chance in, but I guess the gods were with me on this one. No doubt about it, Gats will be back and when he gets his mojo back, we will all be in a world of hurt. 

A little side note: Mort goes 0-4 at Tundra and no one would have guessed that in a million years. Joeygats goes 0-3 in Tunderdome and no one would have guessed that as well. I'm safe to say that those two things will  never happen again!! 

• Group 1
  • Joygats
  • Min vs S.D
  • I took S.D
  • back and forth game 14-7 at half. Gats came down and score after half to make it 14-14, gats made me punt. Picked¬†off the ball with about 2:00 left in game. Won 21-14 gg glrw
  • Primetime wins 21-14

48 minutes ago, the_shield said:

Joeygats VS the_shield

I won the toss and called the same matchup I beat him at tundra with, SD Philly. He once again took Philly like anyone would.

After the tecmo gods struck me down on an earlier game, they decided they would repay me and boy did they ever.  After fumbling the opening kickoff and getting it back the Chargers moved the ball down the field. A 4th and 1 at the two and I decided to go for it. It's Joeygats! I need all the damn points I can get. He calls my play and kudos to him. I was pissed and took a big gulp of my beer. Lucky for me it was going down well. After a few plays, Randell decided to pass it and Oneal decided to pick it off. He basically saved my job for me this game. 

I proceeded to move the ball into the endzone for a 7-0 lead with around a  minute left to go till half. Some how one of Gats' JJ TD's didn't happen and I still have the lead at half. I proceeded to again take a nice pull from the craft beer.

Gats received the kickoff and had a nice drive moving down the field and came up with a pretty big 4th down at midfield, 4th and 7 or something like that. He decides to run the ball with Randell who was in good and Oneal breaks off of him man and tries to stuff his ass before the 1st down marker. The sides change and SD takes over at midfield. Philly plays good D and holds SD to a pretty long field goal, 10-0. The ensuing kickoff Philly fumbles it and SD recovers it. A couple plays later The Pickle scrambles for I believe a 10yd TD run, I again pull  from the craft beer. That was a funny TD run. 17-0. Gats decides to run around for a couple minutes with Randell and ends up not scoring. A game I didn't think I stood a chance in, but I guess the gods were with me on this one. No doubt about it, Gats will be back and when he gets his mojo back, we will all be in a world of hurt. 

A little side note: Mort goes 0-4 at Tundra and no one would have guessed that in a million years. Joeygats goes 0-3 in Tunderdome and no one would have guessed that as well. I'm safe to say that those two things will  never happen again!! 

The one constant was I was in both those groups....

2 hours ago, the_shield said:

Joeygats VS the_shield

The one constant was I (PrimeTime) was in both those groups....