Sign in to follow this  
War Machine

Thunderdome XI Game Recaps: Group Play

Challonge Link: https://challonge.com/u85yi1lx

Matchup Call Tracker:  https://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/70684-thunderdome-xi-matchup-call-tracker/

Please post your game recaps in this thread.  If you stream your game, i still need to know some of the details to help track matchup calls.  Please try to include the following in your recap:

• Your Group (e.g. Group 1)
  • Who won toss
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner
  • Team that coin toss loser chose
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.

Please include save state as attachment

Group K

I won Toss

I Called RAMS Vs. MIA

Flo went with RAMS

I kickoff We exchange TD's to start then I get a INT and FLO forces me to punt which goes all the way to the 5 and Flo dosen't have time to score before the Half

A nice arrow trick followed by a decent juke lets me score.  Flo answers and scores on a CC to tie it up in the start of the 4th.  After driving to around the 40 i get stuck on a 3rd and 15th

i go with a timed pass hoping for a dive because of Marinos Passing Speed but i get the JJ anyway and get about 16 yards.  I run in for a score to go up 21-14 with about 3 minutes.  Flo get to midfield quick and i consider letting him tie the game and hope to score before the game is over but don't.  MIA defense comes up big with the stop and i run backwards and punt to win the game. Hank RAMS 21 over FLO MIA 14

Edited by hankthetank

Group J

Barletti won toss

He selected PHx/MIN matchup

I chose MIN

I missed a fg/barletti hit a fg 0-3

I hit long td pass 7-3

I got an INT and ran it in for another score 14-3

Barletti got nice JJ for td before half 14-10 MIN at half

2nd half all MIN for the 21-10 winner.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns2

GROUP E

Drake wins toss, calls CLE GB, Stubby takes GB

First half is offensive wasteland

GB held to punt on first possession, CLE grinds it into red zone but stalls and takes 3 to open up the scoring. Both teams then trade punts. GB has time for the before half bomb, but play is picked and Majik tries to dump it off, only to be intercepted by DLineman Pike! This gift leaves about 20 seconds for the Browns. Metcalf run gets it within the 10 and Browns decide to push their luck and go for 7 instead of the tap in. Bad move, as Kosar is sacked right before releasing it to an open Mack in the flat. 3-0 at halftime.

Second half offensive showcase!

(Just kidding lol.) Browns only up 3 but feeling good with receiving 2nd half kick. Kosar has an open man but throws short and is picked off by a bad condition Mark Lee (that's a scary 25 int)...hmm alright, payback for the Pike int I suppose. Kemp is in excellent for GB and Majik is able to drop it in over Mike Johnson's reach on the short field to give the Pack the lead 7-3. Ut o. Browns receive and are immediately held to 4th and 1 deep in their territory. Metcalf and Mack both in bad, so the run game has become a real slog. Cleveland dials up a pass play and Bern has Webster open but Stubb tries to close in on the suspected scramble and goes for the kill - Kosey gets rid of it just before the hit and nails Webster for a big 60 yard gain. This sets up another red zone chance for Cleveland. Inside the 10 it looks like potential disaster as Metcalf coughs it! Now it sure looked to me like GB recovered, but the refs say Browns have it! - #rigged - Kosar finally hits an excellent condition Brian Brennan(ya baby) to take the lead 10-7. Time winding down now, Packers work it slowly into Cleveland territory. 4th down comes up and they set up for a long FG (55ish) - the pressure comes and Jacke rushes it, pushing it to the left to the collective sigh of the dog pound. Browns run one play to take it into "kneel down" territory and punt it to wrap this shit show up.  

GG to Stubby, could've gone either way.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

• Group I
  • Wags won toss
  • PHX/DAL
  • Hank chose DAL
  • Wags scored on the opening drive, then was able to get Hank to punt to set up another scoring drive to go up 14-0.  Hank has enough time for end of half JJ to the 1 yard line, then runs it in to cut score to 14-7 at the half.  Hank gets the ball first to start second half, but throws a pick.  Wags get a FG and both teams score a TD from there to finish 24-14.  GG Hank!

Great game here!

I won toss and called Eagles - Oilers Match up vs Joeygates

He picked Oilers and my fate was given to Randal legs

I dont remember playing with such speed at QB in online games, so it was really fun to do it

After going behind 21 -14 in second quarter i could send the game to OT to win the toss and eventually win with a FG after a hugh run by randall

Game score 24 - 21

Randall the vandal 179 rush yards!!!

very good game joey gl the rest of way....

• Group I
  • JeBigRed won toss
  • NO/JETS
  • Wags chose JETS

I'm just going to start off by saying Jebigred got bent over by the game of Tecmo.  Wags fumbled twice, but both recovered by Wags for important gains.  One on a kick return and one near jeb's goal line, which was recovered and scored by Wags.  Jeb fumbled once (I think) and of course Wags picked it up.  Jeb had great drives, but twice Wags called his play on 4th to stop him at the goal line.  The game literally could've gone either way, but ended up 30-7.  I'll post the nsv for anyone to watch and feel Jeb's pain.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

ThunderDome_Wags_JeBigRed.nsv

38 minutes ago, randywags25 said:
  • Group I
  • JeBigRed won toss
  • NO/JETS
  • Wags chose JETS

I'm just going to start off by saying Jebigred got bent over by the game of Tecmo.  Wags fumbled twice, but both recovered by Wags for important gains.  One on a kick return and one near jeb's goal line, which was recovered and scored by Wags.  Jeb fumbled once (I think) and of course Wags picked it up.  Jeb had great drives, but twice Wags called his play on 4th to stop him at the goal line.  The game literally could've gone either way, but ended up 30-7.  I'll post the nsv for anyone to watch and feel Jeb's pain.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

ThunderDome_Wags_JeBigRed.nsv

30-7 put that on a t-shirt! 

Group M

Toolie won the toss

Called PHX vs JETS

Sammie Smith took JETS

I get the ball and go up 3-0, then we trade TDs and Sammie boots a 65 yarder at the gun to tie it 10-10 at the half. 

2nd half I am able to get an INT on an overthrow, then Johnny Johnson coughs one up.  Cards get a goal line stand, though, and drive the field to go up 17-10.  JETS have a 4th and 1 and go for a bomb but Ken Harvey get the pass defensed on Boyer.  Cards punch one in for a  24-10 final.  

GG Sammie!

Group 6

Bruddog vs Nelson79

Bruddog wins toss and calls NYJ NO

Nelson takes NO

1st HALF

I mix and match run and pass for the first drive and score on a 3rd down run to make it 7-0. I accidentally get blocked on the ensuing KR and cannot corral heyward and that long drive is wasted for nothing. Another long drive and its 14-7. Mcmillan goes into good in the 2nd qtr. I force a stop around the 30 or 40. Morten comes on for the FG but its WIIIIDE RIGHT. I get close to Leahy range but go for the dagger 2td jj td lead and come up empty. 

2nd HALF

Accidentally onsides....SMH... and nearly get it but luckily he gets tackled when he gets it. McMillan goes into excellent either this qtr or the next. Regardless he saves the day with a JJ int in perfect position. I drive down to the 23 or so and face a 4th and 1. Obrien scrambles for the conversion. THomas escapes some drones on run 2 and its 21-7 NYJ. Mcmillan would get his 2nd jj int on a deep jj attempt but obrien gives it back a few plays later as maxie just gets to a deep crosser on time.   Mcmillan would just miss another jj int attempt as he was slightly out of position and fourcade hits on a big gain. NO gets down to the 10 or so but NYJ D stiffens. MVP Mcmillan comes up with his 3rd jj int on the day. Obrien and pals milk most of he clock and leahy comes in for a FG. Gil byrd would recover a KR fumble for some pt differential points. 

GG Nelson

thunderdome_nelson.thumb.png.6da1a96d02e4c5764cfa30f4e29eb2be.png

Group 11

1) ARNCOEM vs 3) HUGHMILLENATION

Hughmillenation wins toss chooses Min vs Wash

ARNCO-EM (MIN) 28

Hughmill.(WAS) 14

Minn was up14-0 halftime after 90 yard JJ no time left in the half from Wade Wilson to Steve Jordan at the WR2 spot. (Martin May.was too deep to get in the pass for int or knockdown- Mayhew got grappled 1 yard before endzone &Jordan strut in for the Min TD)

Early in 2nd half Wash hit long JJ to score & then hit another w/ little time left - 2 onside attempts came up short. Min D played solid game (outside the 2 long JJs)

GG hughmillenation - GL in your other 2 Group games!

TPC_TSB_tapmeter_001.png

Thunderdome arnco (MIN) @ hugh (WAS).nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Edited by arncoem

GROUP PLAY: WAR MACHINE V 8-BIT

MATCHUP: PHX v DAL (WAR MACHINE WINS TOSS)

PRE-GAME: This was an interesting matchup picked by War Machine, because he beat me with Dallas a few months ago while playing a tpc scrimmage. These teams are pretty much even, although, I think the cowboys have a slight advantage. Checking Brudogg's tecmo matchup spreadsheet we can see the cowboys score a 13 on the scale while the cardinals score 12, which gives the cowboys a 1 point advantage here.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0sntWyYUWOZ0xVncnGATONP57lnqFUZuIhDgYoh2Z8/edit#gid=626874606

First Half:
The cowboys receive the ball to start the game and gain some nice chunk yardage from their passing attack on the first drive and put it in for a TD. I figured War would pick run defense to help defend against the cowboys running attack, so I tried to mix it up best I could to keep him guessing. The cardinals answer back with a nice connection between Rosenbach and Green for the score. 7-7. Later in the game Rosenbach goes into bad condition and Tupa comes in off the bench; which is huge for the men in blue and silver. Cowboys answer back to make the score 14-7. What was interesting about this drive was that War picked a bunch of my plays, but the Aikman to Novacek JJ connection was hitting and it saved me from taking a few sacks. Tupa comes in for a bad Rosenbach this drive and connects deep to Jones for 60 yards which results in a Johnny Johnson rushing TD (triple deke nhl94 style) 14-14 halftime.

Second Half:

Cardinals receive the kick and drive to mid field where they take a big sack on 2nd down and an errant throw on 3rd down results in an INT and change of possession, however, a fumble by The Babe running down the sidelines gives the ball right back to AZ. Tupa and Johnson take the ball down the field and Tupa hits Green on a nice pass 1 wr2 burn route from the 30 for 6 points.  Cowboy's answer back quick with the deep ball to Irvin and a pass 3 JJ from the 15 to tie the score in the 4th 21-21 with 4 tecmo minutes left in the game. Phoenix shut down a lot of my big iso run plays with help from the drone coverage. Being able to stretch the field was key for the cowboy’s success this game. Cardinals put together a nice drive late in the 4th quarter to the 5 yard line, but an errant throw from Tupa to a wide open Green in the end zone results in AZ settling for a FG. 24-21, cardinals.  The cowboys get the ball back with 32 seconds left on the clock and on the last play of the game, Babe, in good condition, connects with Irvin for 75 yards and the win with no time left. 28-24 Cowboys. This was a fun game that was back and forth and came down to the wire.

GG War Machine. Thanks for hosting this tournament

Edited by 8-bit

Group 11

HughMillenation - KMolnar

I won toss

JETS - NO

KMolnar chose JETS

KMolnar received kickoff and punted.

I drove for a TD. 7 - 0

KMolnar drove for a TD. 7 - 7

I threw an INT.

KMolnar throws an INT.

I fumbled before midfield w/ 6 seconds left in the first half.

KMolnar completes a CC TD to Toon as time expires. 7 - 14

I return kickoff for a TD 14 - 14

I stop KMolnar on downs in his own territory.

I settle for a FG. 17 - 14

KMolnar drives into my territory, but turns it over downs w/ 2:30 left in the game.

I go three and out, and punt w/ 1:15 on the clock.

KMolnar's Run 3 on 1st down takes him to my 35 yd line.

KMolnar runs one more play, leaving only enough time to kick a FG.

KMolnar's FG goes wide left. 17 - 14.

Crazy, crazy game. Good defense on both sides. GG

Edited by HughMillenation
Didn't say who was playing.

Toolie vs. SammieSmith33 

Group 14

Toolie Won toss called PHX vs. Jets

I took Jets

1st Half:

It was a cool 45 degrees at the Meadowlands and the Jets we’re hosting the Cardinals.  The Jets won the toss and elected to kick.  On the Cardinals first drive a lot of running took place which set up Del Greco for a 40 yard field goal.  

On the Jets first possession Blair Thomas broke an 70 yarder down to the goaline and Johnny Hector punched it in.  7-3 Jets.

Cardinals next drive was a good mix of passing and running with a td to follow. After this with little time remaining in the first Leahy kicks a 63 yarder to tie at 10 going into halftime. 

2nd half:

3rd quarter was very quiet. 2 punts amounting to much of nothing.  

In the 4th Jets driving and an interception was thrown by OBrien.  Cardinals next drive Johnny Johnson fumbles and the Jets get the ball back and drive down to the one yard and get held up by a tough Cardinals Defense.  The offense for the Cardinals scores 14 unanswered and the Jets fall to the Cardinals 24-10.

it was a fun game and was closer than the score but Ken OBrien has no balls this game.

link to the game is below:

https://www.twitch.tv/luckytool

Group K

Pitteri vs Kmolnar

Pitt won toss, called Lions/Miami, Kmolnar took Miami

Kmolnar won toss, opted to kick (belicheck style) opening drive for Det resulted in a fumble via Peete, Miami recovered, Smith rushes in for a goal line TD

Detroit answers back quickly with a sanders run up the gut  to knot the game at 7 a piece at the end of q1

2Q starts off with a failed drive by miami which detroit stopped on a 4th and 3 where Marino foolishly thought he could scramble only to be destroyed by drones (because he's carrying several babies under his pads)

Det gets the ball in Miami Territory and scores a TD on a burn route to Johnson 14-7 Det

Miami ties the score before the half ends on a Marino to Duper TD pass (in coverage, where Duper catches because Tecmo)

halftime score 14-14

3Q

Miami opening drive lead to a Marino/clayton td in the back of the end zone  Miami regains lead 21-14

Detroit followed with a 4 and out (3 out of 4 plays were called by miami def)

Stradford rushes in for a TD, miami goes up 28-14

4Q

Miami goes into prevent defense, Barry Sanders eats it up on one 90 yard TD run 28-21 miami

Miami eats the majority of the game clock to seal the Deal, stradford runs in for his 2nd td and seals the game 

Final 35-21 miami over det. 

Badass Live stream via Pitteri - 

image.thumb.png.d9c252ec2a2faaedf0e265ee1c3c37f7.png

Edited by kmolnar3298

- Group 7

- I won toss

- Kc vs Chi

-Duece vs ACSlater

This game was pretty much the game of turnovers minus the opening drive. I got ball first and chewed up pretty much all the first half before mailing it in for 7 to Barry Word. After that is where the shit show begins. I accidentally onsides the kick giving him the ball at the 45ish. Then a few plays later he throws a pick to DT only for me to fumble it back trying to scramble with my qb in bad. He returns it to about to 30 and in the next few plays he passes it gets to about the one and fumbles it back to me. It got so bad to where his RB who was in excellent fumbled on his 2nd or 3rd carry of the game. Shoulda prob been a lot closer than it was. Score ended up being 26-7

GG AC

thndrdomeac.nsv

• Group H
  • I won the toss
  • NO-JETS
  • Retronathan takes the Saints

Retronate played great in this one and deserved the win.  Tie game with a few mins before half (Nate gets 2nd half kickoff), Nate throws deep pass to wide open WR but ball is dropped!  Easy TD but settles for FG which is blocked.  I kick FG just before half.  

2nd half I take control but Nate hangs in and I’m able to seal it with a TD (after a mis tap pass that should’ve been INT).

I win 24-21

Simplesimon vs. RetroNathan

I win coin toss, call Bengals Chiefs matchup, Nate chooses the Chiefs.

There is video, I swear.  

I won the opening KO and matriculate the ball down the field.  Nate does the same on his opening drive.  I drive down and score another TD via pass to back of the endzone from the 20yd line (got lucky).  I accidently onside the kickoff and Nate scores a TD after a short drive making it 14 -14 at the half.  Halftime festivities ensue.  Nate receives 2nd half KO and fumbles but manages to recover it.  We trade 3 and out drives (2 for Nate 1 for me) in the 3rd quarter.  I have ball at the start of the 4th quarter and throw a pick into coverage by Porter around midfield.  Nate procedes to score on a 1yd TD scamper by Okoye chewing some clock in the process to go up 21-14.  I get the ball back with 1:30 on the clock.  BTW Icky Woods was in Excellent the whole 2nd half, Brooks in Good too.  I got  CC by Woods to get to Nate's 20yd line with about 45 seconds left.  Then I (Esaison) complete a pass to Woods over the middle to the 5yd line with 20 secs left.  Red Gun Z slant is ran and I mistap once too many and the ball sails OOB instead of to Woods over the middle, but there's one tick left on the clock.  Whew! Last play of the 4th quarter, and I complete a pass to Brooks in the short flat past a jumping DT to the delight of the Cincinnati crowd (and me too) 21-21 OVERTIME!  I win the coin toss thankfully and drive slowly down the field, getting a huge 30yd scamper by Brooks to get to midfield.  On a 3rd and 16, I barely convert a 1st down with (Run 3) Run and Shoot Sweep to the bottom with Brooks. I whittle down the field to the 12 yd line and then three straight negative plays force me to attempt a FG from the 28yd line with DT looming.  I narrowly convert the kick(past a rushing DT) on a (single) doink and thru the uprights to win game 24-21.  Great game and sportsmanship from Nate.  Great game for me and a mild heart attack later, I manage to post this recap.

Edited by SimpleSimon

• Your Group>> I believe group #7
  • Who won toss>> ACSlater won toss
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner>> PHI CHI
  • Team that coin toss loser chose>> PHI
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.>> I took PHI got 7 on drive then INT w Reggie White 1st play from scrimmage in the redzone, looked like GG but CHI D stood up when they piss and got a big stop on goal line capping it a FG try. CHI hung in and kept the pressure on PHI entire game from that point forcing a turnover and controlling the clock w drives. CHI had game teed up in 4th down 3 points and grinding clock but threw INT in PHI redzone when well inside FG range. Tough out, but AC Slater ain't going anywhere, looking forward to seeing him in the bracket, well played sir! final 17-14 PHI over CHI
  •  

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns9

tdome1.nsv

• Your Group>> Group #7
  • Who won toss>> I won toss
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner>> PHX ATL
  • Team that coin toss loser chose>> PHX
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.>> ATL got a stop I think on endzone pick first drive, immediately returned the favor w overthrow INT on 1st play, PHX goes up 7-0. ATL returns onsides for 7 then gets fumble on next drive and tacks on 7 more. PHX turns over on downs w/ time for ATL FG before half. 2nd half was pretty much back against the wall for PHX, final 31-14 ATL over PHX. gg deuce>NTF4L homie

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns9

tdome2.nsv

Group K

Flo VS Bigred

Flo wins toss

Calls SD-Denver

Flo- Denver

Bigred- Chargers

Chargers take the opening drive and Tolliver hits Ronnie Harmon at the back of the endzone for the go ahead score up 7-0

Denver drives all the way down to the 1 yard line.  Coach BigRed's defense comes up a with a sack and QB FLO panics with Elway and takes the sack.

SD holds Denver to a 3 and out and Coach Red punts the ball.   Denver has a nice drive but the end of the half FG is blocked by Oneal

7-0 at halftime.

Bigred calling for the fumble on the kickoff....praying actually....ALAS...FUMBLE....Denver scoops it up around the 25.   Down inside the ten, Butts FUMBLES.....but the Broncos couldn't recover and the Chargers score to go up 14-0.

Flo directs a quick drive to cut the score to 14-7 heading into the 4th.    However, SD offense works to perfection with a CLUTCH DRIVE to go up 21-7 essentially ending the game.

After an Elway int, coach RED trys to run up the score but comes up short.

Final:

Bigred 21

FLO 7

GG my friend.

- Group 7

- I won toss

- Pit vs Cle

-Player121 vs Duece

Another one I should've lost. Player got up early 7-0 after a three and out by me. Ended up getting the ball back only to go three and out again. Player shouldve had 3 before half but got caught in a grapple which killed the clock. The momentum switched after half and I scored on a picked play fummie. Next drive i think i got a pick on a picked play and turned that into 7 so now its 7-14. Score ended up being 21-7.

GG Player

thndrdomeplr.nsv