VGifted

Alliance of American Football ROM Possible

As far as my ratings are concerned, I want every player to be useable. especially the reserves when the starters gets injured; a more fast paced game instead of the usual standard of TSB from the past. Just my first time doing it. It's fun but I do plan of making a few more but more respectful rating wise. That's why I wanted QB to be better than normal as far as max speed (should have said earlier). if that make sense.

4 hours ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I didn't get to the defense, yet. I'm trying to determine how I want to spread the ratings out. Working with 8 teams is a lot different than working with 28 or 32. I'm doing WRs right now and I'm not sure I want every team to have a superstar, you know? With 28 teams you can make 8 teams have a Willie Anderson or Anthony Carter, or a DB like Haddix or Lott, and that's fine. But if I do that here, that's like every team. For instance, should the top WRs be rated as in the first example below or the second example?

Name Team Pos RS MS
Charles Johnson ORL. WR1 44 63
Rashad Ross ARZ. WR3 (RB2) 44 63
Dontez Ford S.D. WR1 44 56
Reece Horn MEM. WR2 44 56
Mekale McKay S.A. WR2 44 56
De'Mornay Pierson-El S.L. WR2 38 50
Quinton Patton BIR. WR1 38 50
Nelson Spruce S.D. WR2 38 50
Jalin Marshall ORL. WR3 (RB2) 38 50

Name Team Pos RS MS
Charles Johnson ORL. WR1 44 56
Rashad Ross ARZ. WR3 (RB2) 44 56
Dontez Ford S.D. WR1 38 50
Reece Horn MEM. WR2 38 50
Mekale McKay S.A. WR2 38 50
De'Mornay Pierson-El S.L. WR2 38 44
Quinton Patton BIR. WR1 38 44
Nelson Spruce S.D. WR2 38 44
Jalin Marshall ORL. WR3 (RB2) 38 44

Example 1 would be a juiced mode of the aaf; 2nd example would be the standard. Good examples.

Posted (edited)

I appear to have no rom editing skills anymore. When I load a rom in Tool, all of the offensive formations are listed as 2RB_2WR_1TE instead of what they really are, and changing them does nothing. I've done this successfully dozens of times in the past. No idea what's happening now.

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

As much I wanted Orlando to win the game (which they played sloppy I might add) Yes Memphis was hosed x 100. Those refs should lose their game checks.

6 hours ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I appear to have no rom editing skills anymore. When I load a rom in Tool, all of the offensive formations are listed as 2RB_2WR_1TE instead of what they really are, and changing them does nothing. I've done this successfully dozens of times in the past. No idea what's happening now.

I'm new to this so if you just click on the team first, there you can change the offensive formations. See if that works.

1 hour ago, VGifted said:

I'm new to this so if you just click on the team first, there you can change the offensive formations. See if that works.

You're not understanding me. When you load the original rom in Tool, some teams like the Oilers and so on already have different formations. When I load the original rom in Tool, EVERY team says 2RB_2WR_1TE, even though all the teams have the correct formations when I load the rom in an emulator. I can change the formations in Tool, and I can save the changes to the rom, but when I load the rom in an emulator none of my changes appear. When I load the rom back in Tool, my changes are still there. This is a fresh unused original rom that I downloaded from this website. I have no idea what the problem is.

40 minutes ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

You're not understanding me. When you load the original rom in Tool, some teams like the Oilers and so on already have different formations. When I load the original rom in Tool, EVERY team says 2RB_2WR_1TE, even though all the teams have the correct formations when I load the rom in an emulator. I can change the formations in Tool, and I can save the changes to the rom, but when I load the rom in an emulator none of my changes appear. When I load the rom back in Tool, my changes are still there. This is a fresh unused original rom that I downloaded from this website. I have no idea what the problem is.

I see now!!!

Great win by the Arizona Hotshots last night; completely dominant performance at Commanders.

Posted (edited)

I didn't think it would go down like this but oh well. it was fun while it lasted. Let's have a fun question for those who loved the AAF, Could any of the eight teams beat an NFL Team?   https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-alliance-of-american-football-folds-just-weeks-into-inaugural-season-165805452.html

Edited by VGifted

Posted (edited)

Oh well. Glad I didn't dive too deeply into trying to make a rom. I was just googling up some stats to get back to work and came across the news. 

There are 32 NFL teams and a lot of them suck. I'm sure Orlando and maybe a couple of others could beat the bottom feeders, but none of them would come close to making the playoffs if they played a season. 

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

5 hours ago, VGifted said:

I didn't think it would go down like this but oh well. it was fun while it lasted. Let's have a fun question for those who loved the AAF, Could any of the eight teams beat an NFL Team?   https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-alliance-of-american-football-folds-just-weeks-into-inaugural-season-165805452.html

No

14 hours ago, AZcards77 said:

No

I would strongly disagree. Just take Orlando and Birmingham for example. Put them in the TSB rom they can beat at least 10 teams.