VGifted

Alliance of American Football ROM Possible

In the Orlando-Atlanta game, anyone see Orlando pulling off the "Philly special" ? it was awesome

Yo SBlueman,

I've played your version so far. it's good but one problem, where's the two point conversion option?

21 minutes ago, VGifted said:

Yo SBlueman,

I've played your version so far. it's good but one problem, where's the two point conversion option?

Believe me, if there's a way to do it please let me know. The code for the hack is elusive...and there's no hack that works right without any issues as far as I've seen. 

I don't think the game is actually being made that guy on reddit was just doing helmets. If somebody was gonna do it though I'd use that old XFL rom somebody made as a base since it's already 8 teams but regardless I'd also like to see that one updated for next season 

The Iron was bringing the D while the Hotshot were scoring at will. Can't wait to see Week 2! It's only week one but the league is very fast-paced, rules are very legit.

Edited by VGifted

They did have one replay call that was biffed in the Arizona/Salt Lake game on the deep catch by Patton. Other than that it all seemed to run smooth. I thought there would be more delay calls with the 35 second play clock but it seems the teams have adjusted already. I loved how fast paced the games were. If they can get some consistent QB play then it'll be even better. Looking forward to week 2. 

Two QB's I want to see play; Aaron Murray and Travis Knight. The replay system is nice that they have a camera on them. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

Matt Simms was hot garbage in the first game, Murray is the hometown kid who should get his shot from here on out:

https://atlallday.com/2019/02/10/atlanta-legends-turn-aaron-murray-simms-struggles-opener/

The Legends were outcoached early on and quarterback Matt Simms was used as a punching bag for the defensive front. Simms started out the game hitting his first four passes before falling completely apart.

He held onto the ball far too long throwing a terrible interception and failing to make routine throws. His inability to execute paired with poor coaching schemes gave Atlanta little chance against Orlando.

It was a 40-6 final in which the Atlanta offense always looked lost. With only a ten week season Atlanta doesn’t have time to allow Simms to attempt to improve. It is time to bench Simms and turn to the SEC legend Aaron Murray.

Murray was favored to win the job and from the performance put together last night should have it. One thing is for certain, he couldn’t be any worse then Simms was.

It is time for the Legends to make a quarterback switch hoping Murray can find the magic he had years ago as a Georgia Bulldog. If not it appears Atlanta will have another frustrating football team to watch with Matt Simms as their quarterback.

I think if there is going to be an AAF ROM, it may have to be based on TSB II or TSB III, as those games have two-point conversions coded in. The challenge then would be removing the kicking PAT. I apologize to the NES community, but if we can't hack a two-point conversion in the NES ROM (not for lack of trying), SNES and Sega Genesis may well be the way to go.

1 hour ago, Brandon Taylor said:

I think if there is going to be an AAF ROM, it may have to be based on TSB II or TSB III, as those games have two-point conversions coded in. The challenge then would be removing the kicking PAT. I apologize to the NES community, but if we can't hack a two-point conversion in the NES ROM (not for lack of trying), SNES and Sega Genesis may well be the way to go.

Idk why that matters. Are they gonna hack out kickoffs and starting at the 25 ? didn't think so 

The last two people made good points; we just have to wait till the season is over for someone to start creating.  To answer SBlueman's point YES , Time for Atlanta to make the switch at QB. 

Well done Bruddog except for the one thing: the AAF has no extra point, teams have to go for two point conversion.

Overtime will allow both teams to have the ball once, first-and-goal from the 10. Teams have to score a touchdown and go for two points while field goals are not allowed. Games can end in a tie after the overtime period.

Edited by VGifted

On 2/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, SBlueman said:

Believe me, if there's a way to do it please let me know. The code for the hack is elusive...and there's no hack that works right without any issues as far as I've seen. 

I think there were a couple of NCAA ROMs that implemented two-point conversions. I'll have to go back and find out what they were, but I vaguely remember seeing it.