Eliminating and Fixing Some Menu Options

I'm currently in the process of making base 16-team rom and I've run into some issues.

I'm curious about how to fix the NFL Standings menu. It displays conferences and divisions for 28 teams, instead of 16, and the cursor is off track on invisible options.

I7RKRBm.png

The only roms I've seen this menu work properly in are the CIFL and Street Tecmo roms, both of which I used to figure out how to get 16 teams. I can't quite find the fix for it and I've very unsure of where, or even what it is.

I'd also like to know if there is a way to eliminate the Pro Bowl entirely. For another project where a Pro Bowl is unnecessary.

Tecmo Super Bowl 16 Team.nes

I should have a 16 team rom somewhere that would have the standings menu you're looking for.  The only big change in it is the playoffs have 8 teams instead of 12.  I don't know how far along you are, so if that's what you're looking for,  I'll upload it if i can find it. 

Otherwise, changing the standings screens aren't too hard.  You might find a thread on here that explains how to do it, or else I'm sure I have the notes somewhere.

As far as the pro bowl goes, it should be possible, but I got stuck one step away from perfecting it.  I kept having issues with the cursor on the team data screen when i tried to remove the all star teams from there.

Edited by adscl84

I fixed the standings menu...sorta.  It at least shows only four divisions and the cursor is good.  The NFC isn't right based on how you've got the teams arranged in the team data screen.  I'm having hard time finding my notes, so I couldn't fix that.  There is a thread somewhere that explains how to change that.  @pambazos88 has made several incredibly detailed and helpful posts about doing this sort of thing, so I'd search through his content.  The thread below may help.

Tecmo Super Bowl 16 Team.nes