Tecmo Cleveland - November 16 - 17, 2019

UPDATE 8/22/2019:

www.gamecleveland.com has all the details and more!

Tecmo Jam Cleveland is officially November 16 - 17. The TSB tournaments is on Saturday, November 16th! 

3 Brackets: Gold, Silver and Bronze - 

Gold goes up to $1,000 with pot bonuses

Silver goes up to $350 with pot bonuses

Bronze sponsor and donated vendor prizes

Special guest this year: TIM KITZROW! The original voice of NBA Jam! 

Tom Jenkins

[email protected]

Edited by TecmoCleveland
updates

• Knobbe pinned this topic

When I think about Tecmo Jam Cleveland 2019 I get so excited I have trouble breathing. 

It's a goal of mine to spread the Jam love as much as I can this year. At each Tecmo tourney I go to, I hope to bring a Jam TE Genesis set-up. For added flavor, my friend @Dan S and I run a challenge where we take any and all contenders. We offer our opponents a tier advantage, but if they play us straight up they can win money off of us. So far it has been fun to see the interest there is out there for Jam.

Another goal I have is to do a video series on the Retro Sports Gamer channel (@allamerican1569) called NBA Jam Rules. I'll be doing play-throughs of NBA Jam and NBA Jam TE on both SNES and GEN. I'll be offering tips and promoting the Jam tourneys this year -- Tecmo Jam Cleveland and Tecmo XV in New York.

@TecmoClevelandif you need any help spreading the word, let me know. You can also find me at Joseph Readitnweep Moore on FB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • TecmoCleveland changed the title to Tecmo Cleveland - November 16 - 17, 2019

So, can someone tell me what the format is going to be for Gold for creating groups? How many do we plan on having in a group, how many are making the bracket and is this single elim until a certain round? I know we won't know how many are in certain divisions but would like to know what the game plan is. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Lots of updates happening this year with Tecmo Cleveland if you haven't - we just signed Tim Kitzrow, the original voice of NBA JAM as a guest - so yeah, get ready to hear a lot of BOOM SHAKALAKKAS all weekend long! Seriously check out all the program updates for everything at www.tecmocleveland.com - November 16 - 17

Tecmo Gold Prize Pool (with pot bonuses) can grow up-to $1,000

Tecmo Silver up-to $350

Tecmo Bronze, prizes and trophies only 

NBA Jam TE tournament up-to $350 with pot bonuses! 

Thanks guys! Tom 

On 5/15/2019 at 5:00 PM, the_shield said:

So, can someone tell me what the format is going to be for Gold for creating groups? How many do we plan on having in a group, how many are making the bracket and is this single elim until a certain round? I know we won't know how many are in certain divisions but would like to know what the game plan is. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in response - at a minimum it will be double elimination, but also my goal is to give everyone is many games as possible so we'll see what total registration looks like leading up to the event. High-level details are now here, with a handy-dandy video: https://www.tecmocleveland.com/tecmo-super-bowl

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, the_shield said:

So with a about a week till the event, how many people have signed up for the gold? Hopefully it will almost be like last year. How many per group? 

All of them.

I can't wait till you're put in a super group as the 4th seed in said group.

Time permitting, I've been authorized to host a free Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition tournament immediately following the Tecmo Super Bowl tournament on Saturday.

This will be on Genesis, single elimination, best 2/3 matches advances.  The finals will be best 3/5.  It's all for pride at this point, and it's free, so why not!?

Pick whatever character you want, no limit on who you take or how many times.  You can change characters in between matches if desired.  You may bring your own Genesis controller.  6 button controllers will be provided.

We will be playing on 3 star speed.

Image result for special championship edition"

9 hours ago, trojan1979 said:

Time permitting, I've been authorized to host a free Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition tournament immediately following the Tecmo Super Bowl tournament on Saturday.

This will be on Genesis, single elimination, best 2/3 matches advances.  The finals will be best 3/5.  It's all for pride at this point, and it's free, so why not!?

Pick whatever character you want, no limit on who you take or how many times.  You can change characters in between matches if desired.  You may bring your own Genesis controller.  6 button controllers will be provided.

We will be playing on 3 star speed.

Image result for special championship edition"

God damnit. Now I have to learn the characters moves and start playing Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition? You do realize I cannot become The King of Games like this.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:49 PM, Dan S said:

God damnit. Now I have to learn the characters moves and start playing Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition? You do realize I cannot become The King of Games like this.

This is a very useful wiki on the finer details of "Hyper Fighting", which this game is a port of.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_2:_Hyper_Fighting

This tournament was a lot of fun and very well run. It was great meeting all of you who I’ve only seen on tourney streams. It was awesome when Tim Kitzrow announced the raffles, I went all in on that josh cribbs signed cart but no dice. Cool twist on the season sim too, I picked the Giants so I thought I had a chance, but the Giants got waxed by Morts’ Vikings in the wild card round followed by Morts Viking horn victory chant. (Wild card Broncos went all the way to SB) Congrats to the Shield on the big win! 

EB33C3C6-962F-4281-99C5-D9778D4DB82C.jpeg

49077384-D323-41B4-8BD4-111D61B226E4.jpeg

D47F1445-E74A-49A4-94CA-61EB8D891A2E.jpeg

E76A1128-CF2A-480C-B06C-69C4096B7594.jpeg

6DDE2160-4F78-43A3-9DD2-E66D47799530.jpeg

71950792-F832-4540-81B9-39E1542BC039.jpeg

B277F913-3A2F-4FCF-AFC5-3B6C0C188D0B.jpeg

Shout out to Tom and his crew on an amazing tournament. With everything going on it’s more like a big video game expo, from 10 foot HD screens with VR that anyone can play on, to multiple retro and current video game tournaments. They even had a lot of people show up for board game tournaments. Vendor booths/shops, food, drinks, free arcade, cosplay, and musical entertainment...it’s truly a sight to see. I’m not a Smash Brothers or Fortnite guy but it was awesome to see all the younger kids roll in with their parents and participate, they were truly excited.

My only regret is not spending enough time with the Tecmo crew as I had to continually oversee my shop when I wasn’t playing 😢. It was great to see everyone from Ohio, NY, Michigan, and Wisconsin. And if I missed you or our conversations were short, I apologize. I got nothing but love for you all! 

Awesome run by @the_shield. I felt like I ran into a buzz saw there at the end, he truly played great.

Well done everyone, here’s some pics.

BBF7527E-DEB7-4CBD-B695-0C774B7A7255.jpeg

3D6EEC36-39DB-4FD4-A4C6-4BAEA13FEB54.jpeg

578A968E-EB9E-454C-8701-C032D2EC3DEE.jpeg

36186154-4130-4C0E-A231-95EA65295A67.jpeg

64FC662E-4F87-4515-8FF6-C208D6DDB64F.jpeg

719E9DD1-557A-49CC-B10A-DFA6B3E81FC4.jpeg

495CD320-2DDB-4288-9CBA-815A34334CE7.jpeg

770C9255-3A63-48C4-B124-01B91301E832.jpeg

E3BE7EAB-195B-46CA-B90C-72545AD8D8D8.jpeg

551F01E5-2BF6-477F-B2D2-3B456388D7E0.jpeg

3DC75BDC-290B-45AA-AE1A-6F2B61345AEA.jpeg