Computer or Raspberry pie?

kurtvalenti

I think a computer is easier because all you need to do is run an emulator.  You could use the keyboard if you didn't have any USB controllers/joysticks.

If you wanted to play on a large TV that's probably the best reason to use a raspberry pi because you can just plug it into any HDMI port.  It would take configuring the Pi plus having usb controller(s)

Thanks for the info!!! I hope you can help me with this problem / question I am having.  On my computer , I was able to run the emulator (i am using fceux)  and download a Rom from this site ....WIth my keyboard .I am able to get to the screen that has me choose Preseason, Season, Pro Bowl, Team Data , and Options but I can not get past that point with my keyboard.  I have tried 2 different Roms, same thing! Is there something I am doing wrong, or do I need a USB Controller to play? Please get back to me with your suggestions..Thank you !

Make sure your inputs are set up

Go to input under config

image.png

Then you should configure the buttons for each item on Gamepad 1 (you can skip turbo)

So I use the keyboard arrows and the Z button for B, the X button for A.  (you can use what feels comfortable)

image.png