Knobbe

Who do you have in the Super Bowl 53

Pick the winner and the total points scored.

I will tweet out the winner to my 2,236 or so twitter follows which includes former NFL greats Christian Okoye and Bernie Kosar.  I'll also tag up to one former Tecmo NFL player of your choice, assuming that they have a twitter account.  (Retail value: Priceless)

As an example, I will stick with the pick generated by the Tecmo simulation.  I assume the rest of you will be playing for 2nd place.

Rams - 45 points

Rams 33

I just want to Win, I don't care about celebrity.

{They all know who I am, anyway}

#RealCelebrity

#WhoDat

I hope the Patriots stomp a mud hole in the Rams. 

Going with 64 total points scored. 

I picked LAR at the beginning of the yr and there's no reason why I should change. Lot of fuss about the NFC title game. The way I see it - if LAR wins big like 10 or more the NE haters will forgive them and that game will be a distant memory (except for those in a certain part of the country).

I do think they'll stomp on em a bit. Final: LAR 30, NE 20

On 1/23/2019 at 4:35 AM, Bolt said:

Rams 33

I just want to Win, I don't care about celebrity.

{They all know who I am, anyway}

#RealCelebrity

#WhoDat

Game recognizes game

I'm very excited to see what sort of unforeseen-monkey-paw like ending this is going to have for me! 

Mike Gordon, July 30
“Still, the clock is ticking on this Patriots team. I personally think their championship window has closed.”

Mike Gordon, October 8
“I can't rule out Brady and Belichick. Not until Brady falls off the proverbial cliff. And who knows? Maybe that will begin to happen this week.”

Mike Gordon, October 23
I think this is the Patriots final season in which they will be able to try and reign supreme atop the AFC. I know I've been saying this since 2015/2016. But that's because Tom Brady continues to defy all expectations here. Sooner or later, I'm bound to be right.”

Mike Gordon, December 18
”Any semblance of the 8 years of dominance and horror that the Patriots had wrought across the entire AFC all these years seem to be slipping away.”

Mike Gordon, January 1
But when you get right down to it, I just don't think the Patriots have what it takes to beat the Chargers or Chiefs in the playoffs.“

###

But outside of maybe the Rams, I don't see the Patriots beating anybody in the Super Bowl. They're just too old.”
— Mike Gordon

Edited by Yak

Even if they lose big in the SB I still think that NE proved me wrong. I predicted Cin to win the AFC at the beginning of the yr. I feel so foolish now but Brady and Gronk avoided OTAs so it was hard for me to believe they were in a cohesive mood. At times this yr they indeed looked pathetic. They sure peaked at the right time. Just imagine if Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan were allowed to continue in Chi - what NE is doing now is the closest realistic what-if to that. They're like Groundhog Day. Like the Energizer bunny. However you wanna put it.

8 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

So @Bolt wins the points? Even though his guess was more than twice the final score? 

No. He picked the Rams

On 1/23/2019 at 5:45 PM, Deviled Greg said:

Patriots, 51 points.

Winner winner, Twitter dinner.

I had to travel and got to watch about 20 minutes of the entire super bowl. I will get with Deviled Greg about his prize in a day or so