Completed passes to covered receivers

canucktr

I haven't tried this with every team but I know Marino & Elway can do this. I'm a diehard Fins fan and prefer the pass happy AFC (vs the predominate run heavy NFC). So you can say my preference is to pass vs run. Not a solid game plan in Tecmo Bowl, I know. Anyways, I've noticed while playing a season in Temco with the Fins or Broncos I can complete pass plays to covered receivers (not just the slant and square ins). Especially quick pass plays. Almost like it's a back shoulder throw? A little ahead of it's time with that assumption but it works none-the-less. No YAC but a quick 6-7 yds. Does NOT work when the defense calls your play however. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Montana, can also do this, but it is risky, for obvious reasons. I have also done this with lesser QB's but like I said it's a crap shoot. Tecmo Turd had a Hack a few years ago that used the players Special Attribute to determine if the player intercepted or not.  I never played with it, but it might be cool.