Wayne, NJ - 6/1/19 - The 2019 Jersey Cup

Deviled Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Hold on to Your Butts" Challenge

During pool play, player with the most rushing yards with Marion Butts gets $35. Player who holds Butts to least amount of yards also gets $35. Call me over to confirm yardage or take (clear) picture of blue screen. Remember this is not mandatory, you do not have to call any SD matchups if you don't wish to.

holdontoyourbutts1.png

Season Sim Lotto

Every Jersey Cup registration comes with a shirt, custom lanyard and raffle tickets towards some awesome door prizes. You will also be given a random card with an NFL team on it for our Season Sim Lotto. After pool play we will sim a season of Tecmo.

Prizes -  $5 if your team makes the playoffs, $5 for every playoff win, $20 for the Super Bowl winner. We are about a month away, if you haven’t registered yet what are you waiting for?!

Register now!

• 3 weeks later...

For those attending Saturday

We will be downstairs in the “Private Party Room”

11am-12pm Registration - $25 due at door. Maggie will get you hooked up with your lanyard, shirt, raffle tickets, and team lotto card. Feel free to get some warm up games on any open TVs. 

12pm I’ll give my little spiel and we will be picking groups for pool play (CT Tecmo style). Don’t forget about the “Hold on to your Butts” challenge. Most rushing yards with Marion Butts gets a cool $35. Whoever holds him to the least amount of yards also nets $35. Challenge is for pool play only and not mandatory. Take picture of blue screen or if I’m close just show me the blue screen. 

After pool play we will be raffling off all the door prizes and running our “Season Sim Lotto” (Tundra Bowl style). Make playoffs $5, playoff win $5, championship game win $10, Super Bowl win $20. 

After everyone is seeded according to their pool play results we will start single elim bracket, except for the finals which will be best 2 out of 3. 

Top 3 get cash prizes with the winner also getting to hoist the Jersey Cup!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. It’s going to be a lot of fun!

10 minutes ago, apollo1980 said:

Just arrived in Wayne NJ from VA! Darn traffic made it over an 8 hour drive (normally 6 or so)

Im at Mothers Ale House now (Friday) to take a look at the place and get some food.

Havent had a whole lot of time to practice, but I don’t care! Playing in a tournament is on my bucket list!

93CA1B83-46DB-4CDA-B508-FB770649A197.jpeg

@apollo1980 Sorry your trip took so long! Glad you made it. There will be open TVs during registration hour (11am-12pm) I’m sure you can get a few practice games in!

Tuned in for a lot of the stream, had step out several times.  Big props to Ray for holding down the stream all day when he wasn't playing.

One more time thanks to everyone who came out, some guys from pretty long distances. I hope we made it worth the trip. Thanks to all that tuned into the stream, and those that shared the tournament on social media, I appreciate it. To the Northeast roadie crew - Brian, Erik, Pat B, and Leif (rocking some amazing TB Bucs pants) thanks for all the help and grunt work getting this thing set up. Ray, what can I say, you're the man. Just finished watching the stream and it was great as usual. 

Brian R's 49ers won the season sim lotto.

The "Hold on to Your Butts" winners were Stu C with 432 yards gained with Marion Butts and Erik M (arncoem) holding him to just 3 yards.

Big props to Anthony M on an amazing run. Beating Northeast heavyweights Matt D, last years champ Brian R, and Kevin S (tadaos) on his way to the final.

Erik, congrats champ. You played great all day and deserved it. Between you and Brian, you guys have given me a lot of insight and wisdom on what it takes to run a tournament. 

We ran a little long this year. Going back to the drawing board to see how I can streamline the day a bit further. Hope to see you all back next year, lets keep this thing going!

• Knobbe unpinned this topic

I wanted to affirm Greg's sentiments - another great tournament, great support by all of the NE crew and others e.g. Joe. in setup and running it. Great turnout and I also was of course happy to see the strong competition (although I kind of assembled a murderer's group, sorry guys).

I just checked my NES PSU last night, it may still be fine - that burnt power strip! (brown in the middle) Kids, don't try this at home

Hopefully no one got any carpal or crooked fingers from the foosball table.

Once I drop a check in the mail tomorrow, my bounty backlog should be paid.

@tadaos  hope you are feeling better! looked kind of rough there