Newbie Hello, Questions, and Problems

kurtvalenti

Let me just say that this site is awesome!!! I am so glad I found this, all your guys work is amazing and I am super excited to start playing.  I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can help me with.  I would just like to play on my computer and not online vs others.  I believe this is possible.  i tried using Goji's NFL Tecmo SuperBowl LIII playoff roster the other day, so i downloaded that ROM and downloaded his recommended Emulator FCEUX.  I was able to open it, see the intros and then get stuck on the screen where i can pick my kind of game.  The enter key on the keyboard would not let me select.  I tried using a PS3 controller ( I saw somewhere on these forums that I can use that) but i wasnt able to figure it out.  I guess my couple of questions are the following

1.  Is FCEUX the Emulator i should use? i have seen others as Nestopia ....... does it matter which one i want to use? which one is better? i do not want online play, just stand alone on my computer?

2.  What controller should i purchase? Or can I use a adapter?  The only thing i have home are the controllers from my Nintendo Retro System, and my PS3 controller.  Can I use those with either Emulator?  And if not can i just purchase a USB adapter to use with my retro NES controller? or do i need to buy a new USB controller... Please HELP!!

3.  Are these Tecmo Superbowl Versions the ones that have rain and snow????

Any help to these questions, so I can start playing would be awesome.  Thank you so much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!!!

Thanks

Getting a PS3 wired controller to work on Windows 7 ect can be quite tricky.

I used the steps here to get it to work :

https://www.pcgamer.com/ps3-controller-on-pc-guide/

a USB retropad might be a better option if it's easier to setup.

Nestopia / FCEUX are basically the same emulator. Go into the settings and try to get the keyboard functional first. You will have to assign keys to each of the buttons.

Then once you are sure the emulator is working properly and you can start a game, try to get the controller working.

My versions of the LIII rom don't have any weather options as of this time.

Glad you enjoying the ride. I'm going to keep updating right through the draft so check back soon !

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my post!  I still need help though! I hope you can help me.  I downloaded your ROM (it looks awesome) and the Emulators you suggested but I am still having a problem with a USB Controller.  I cant figure it out. and I have no clue what to buy ? Can you help me with that.  At the present time , i have a PS3 Controller, and NES Retro Controllers.  I recently purchased a NES to USB adapter, but when it came in I realized I dont have any controller that will fit in it.  ( I attached pics of adapter I bought).  What is my best and easiest way to get a controller.  Can i use the PS3? Should i buy a Wii one? Do i buy a NES to USB controller??? I am confused on what to get.  Looking very much to start using your ROM (thanks for always updating it btw) Any info will help me out!!! 

Thank you soo much for your time

20190113_225332.jpg

20190113_225336.jpg

6 hours ago, kurtvalenti said:

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my post!  I still need help though! I hope you can help me.  I downloaded your ROM (it looks awesome) and the Emulators you suggested but I am still having a problem with a USB Controller.  I cant figure it out. and I have no clue what to buy ? Can you help me with that.  At the present time , i have a PS3 Controller, and NES Retro Controllers.  I recently purchased a NES to USB adapter, but when it came in I realized I dont have any controller that will fit in it.  ( I attached pics of adapter I bought).  What is my best and easiest way to get a controller.  Can i use the PS3? Should i buy a Wii one? Do i buy a NES to USB controller??? I am confused on what to get.  Looking very much to start using your ROM (thanks for always updating it btw) Any info will help me out!!! 

Thank you soo much for your time

20190113_225332.jpg

20190113_225336.jpg

the item pictured is what you would use if you had an original NES controller

Realistically you can use any usb controller that a windows machine will recognize or any keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Titans4Life said:

I have a Logitech Dual Action USB controller. I plugged it in, but I still can't get it to work. Any help will be appreciated.

Make sure you've gone into the actual emulator options and select 'gamepad' and assign keys / buttons to the actual emulator game controls.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know why TSB Tool Supreme won't let me quickly scroll the up and down tabs when editing player attributes on Windows 10? For some reason, it only allows me to do one at a time, instead of continuously flipping through player positions, teams, etc. from top to bottom without it ever stopping. Any help would be grateful.

1 hour ago, fgqb#19nyj said:

Does anyone know why TSB Tool Supreme won't let me quickly scroll the up and down tabs when editing player attributes on Windows 10? For some reason, it only allows me to do one at a time, instead of continuously flipping through player positions, teams, etc. from top to bottom without it ever stopping. Any help would be grateful.

Not sure if this will help, but did you try running the TSB Tool in compatibility mode for Windows XP?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 8:35 AM, fgqb#19nyj said:

I have Windows 10 and don't have this problem