Sign in to follow this  
Mike Gordan

Playoff Pick 'ems 2018-2019--End Game

Posted (edited)

The season is over.  Only 12 teams remain.  The Bracket is set.  We are at the End Game now!  Time to make our picks.  I'll update this post frequently as the playoffs continue.  So rather than one thread for the Wild Card Round, Divisional Round, etc., it's all going to be here.  So with that out of the way, it is time to get this show on the road!

Wild Card Round:

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans

Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

Los Angeles Chargers @ Baltimore Ravens

Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears

@Mike Gordan:         IND, SEA, LAC, CHI;

@TecmoSuperFan:  HOU, SEA, BAL, CHI;

@gojiphen malor:     IND, DAL, LAC, PHI;

@Knobbe:                HOU, DAL, LAC, CHI;

@BigCat71:              HOU, SEA, LAC, CHI;

@Miles Prower

@drummer4god

1st:  Mike Gordan:  0-0 (171-85)

2nd: Knobbe:  0-0 (163-93)

3rd:  gojiphen malor:  0-0 (162-94)

4th:  BigCat71:  0-0 (161-95)

5th:  drummer4god:  0-0 (150-106)

6th:  Miles Prower:  0-0 (147-109)

7th:  TecmoSuperFan:  0-0 (146-110)

Edited by Mike Gordan

Posted (edited)

tumblr_n3uaivtFqj1qedb29o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by gojiphen malor

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans > Texans

Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys > Seahawks

Los Angeles Chargers @ Baltimore Ravens > Ravens

Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears > Bears

I see all home teams are favored. Plenty are thinking 3 of the 4 road teams will win. I say 2 of 4: Sea & LAC (Bal vs LAC seems like the kind of matchup that whoever is the road team will win). Hou wins bc I think it's too good to lose twice in a row at home to Indy. Phi looks outmatched so I say they lose to my team Chi who I think did the right thing in eliminating Mn.

Posted (edited)
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, Mike Gordan said:

@Mike Gordan:         IND, SEA, LAC, CHI;  KC, LAR, LAC, NO

@TecmoSuperFanHOU, SEA, BAL, CHI; KC, LAR, LAC, NO

@gojiphen malor:     IND, DAL, LAC, PHI; IND, DAL, LAC, PHI

@Knobbe:                HOU, DAL, LAC, CHI;

@BigCat71:              HOU, SEA, LAC, CHI; KC, LAR, NE, NO

@Miles Prower

@drummer4god

1st:  Mike Gordan:  2-2 (173-87)

2nd: gojiphen malor:  4-0 (166-94)

3rd:  Knobbe:  2-2 (165-95)

4th:  BigCat71:  1-3 (162-98)

7th:  TecmoSuperFan:  0-4 (146-114)

Time to make my picks.  Seeing as I only need to get one more pick right in order to win this whole thing, I might as well play:

Picking the Chiefs to beat the Colts simply because the Chiefs are by far the most explosive offense in the NFL this year.  Granted, they've slowed down quite a bit ever since Kareem Hunt wrecked his career by being a dumbass, but you know what?  I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, here.

The Rams, I am picking because while the Cowboys are formidable on defense and can score points when necessary, they lack the firepower necessary to keep pace with the Rams.  Todd Gurley should be healthy by then, and even if he isn't, there's still CJ Anderson.  And then LB Aaron Donald.  I rest my case.

Honestly, the Patriots have been sluggish, and no clobbering two bad teams at home doesn't help matters much.  They look old and well past their prime.  They only got a first round bye wrapped up for them because the Texans AND Steelers both had to have a meltdown to close out their respective seasons.  The one thing that might spoil the upset, however (aside from the fact that Philip Rivers has never bested Brady and Belechick, not even during the 2008 season where the former was lost for the entire year), as well as how bloody mistake prone they tend to be in spite their immense talents.  Don't screw this up, Chargers!

And then I'm picking the Saints to beat the Eagles.  While I do believe the game will be much more competitive than it was when they last played this season, the fact remains that the Saints demonstrated just how many bloody lightyears ahead they are of the Eagles.  Definitely as close to a lock as they come.

I await the rest of you guys' choices.  I'll keep @drummer4god and @Miles Prower active for one more week just to be safe.  Especially since even with their no-shows, they are still ahead of TecmoSuperFan in the win column.  Don't forget to put your picks in by Saturday.

Edited by Mike Gordan

Argghh I was 1-3 on my WC picks. Talk about being off.

For the div games coming up I'm picking all home teams. BUT I do think that Sat is the iffy day given KC & LAR's difficulties on defense. Sun I'm more confident NE & NO will win.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, Mike Gordan said:

The season is over.  Only 12 teams remain.  The Bracket is set.  We are at the End Game now!  Time to make our picks.  I'll update this post frequently as the playoffs continue.  So rather than one thread for the Wild Card Round, Divisional Round, etc., it's all going to be here.  So with that out of the way, it is time to get this show on the road!

Wild Card Round:

@Mike Gordan:         IND, SEA, LAC, CHI;    KC, LAR, LAC, NO;  NO, KC

@TecmoSuperFanHOU, SEA, BAL, CHI;    KC, LAR, LAC, NO;

@gojiphen malor:     IND, DAL, LAC, PHI;   IND, DAL, LAC, PHI;

@Knobbe:                HOU, DAL, LAC, CHI;     n/a, n/a, n/a, n/a;

@BigCat71:              HOU, SEA, LAC, CHI;     KC, LAR, NE, NO;

@Miles Prower

@drummer4god

1st:  Mike Gordan:  5-3 (176-88)

2nd: Knobbe:  2-6 (165-99)

3rd:  gojiphen malor:  4-4 (166-98)

4th:  BigCat71:  5-3 (166-98)

7th:  TecmoSuperFan:  3-5 (149-115)

I'm locked into 1st place, so no need to explain my reasonings as to why I'm picking the home team both times in the Conference Championship games.  Worth noting that we've never had a Super Bowl between two 2 Seeds, and the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens were the last teams to win a Conference Championship game on the road--both in 2012.  Also since then, the 2016 Atlanta Falcons were the only team ranked below the 1 Seed to have reached the Super Bowl (they were the 2nd Seed).

Picks for the Conference Championships: KC, Rams

I want to see a rematch between the two teams with the Chiefs getting their revenge. Hell, i'd be happy with Chiefs/Saints too. Anyone but the damn patriots winning again.

kc

I picked LAR to win it all at the beginning of the yr so I'm sticking with them even though Goff is hard to trust.

AFC title game - boy talk about a game to hype up for. Will the torch be passed from the old to the new? I say yes KC but here are factors to consider. K. Hunt has given NE problems but you know he's not available. It's going to be tremendously cold which usually means more running and that's also advantage NE. However, I think Mahomes will make enough plays to win in sort of an ugly one and the home field will sure help (1st time ever hosting a championship game? That's one of the hardest things to believe).

So I see a SB that's a rematch of the historic regular season meeting: KC vs LAR!

Sorry i haven't been posting my picks had alot of things health wise i been dealing with. I would of picked all the teams that won(I was leaning on those teams) so you can reflect that in my record lol jk. But KC will finally return to the superbowl and meet up against the Rams. I believe that K.C. will win the superbowl 31-29 over the Rams. Next season my BROWNS1 will return to the playoffs! Fun deal making these picks see you guys next season!

Another thing I want to say about NE @ KC. It should be no surprise NE complaining about its underdog status going into this particular matchup. After their last visit there in '14 a MNF game many thought they were done, which they used as motivation. They came back like Chucky the doll!

Reid and KC have another shot to put away the beast for good and it's at the highest level encounter possible. Will it happen this time?