Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

@Mike Gordan:        BUF, GB, NE, NO, NYG, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, IND

@TecmoSuperFan:   MIA, GB, NE, NO, DAL, TB, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, IND

@gojiphen malor:     BUF, GB, NE, NO, DAL, TB, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, IND

@Knobbe:               BUF, GB, NE, NO, NYG, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, MIN, PIT, SEA, PHI, BAL, IND

@BigCat71:             BUF, GB, NE, NO, NYG, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, BAL, IND

@Miles Prower:       MIA, GB, NE, NO, DAL, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, CIN, SEA, PHI, CLE, TEN

@drummer4god:     BUF, GB, NE, NO, DAL, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, MIN, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, TEN

1st:  Mike Gordan:  0-0 (159-81)

2nd: Knobbe:  0-0 (151-89)

3rd:  gojiphen malor:  0-0 (150-90)

4th:  BigCat71:  0-0 (148-92)

5th:  drummer4god:  0-0 (140-100)

6th:  Miles Prower:  0-0 (137-103)

7th:  TecmoSuperFan:  0-0 (135-105)

As some teams are bound to be resting their starters, I'm going to hold off on making my selections right away.

As for my locks in the meantime, I'm going with the Packers, Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, and Seahawks.  With my Survival Pick of the Week being the Seahawks (they may be locked into the Wild Card, but there's no way to convince me that they wouldn't rather play the Cowboys in the Wild Card Round than the Bears or Rams).

Edited by Mike Gordan

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills

Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers

New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants

Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings

BROWNS1 @ Baltimore Ravens

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

tenor.gif?itemid=10129571

Hope you all had a nice Xmas. Last reg season wk of the yr incredibly!

These faves: Buf, GB, NE, NO, NYG, Hou, LAC, KC, LAR, Pit, Sea, Phi, Bal, Indy (those last 2 I'm most iffy about)

My upsets: Atl, Chi (my team has gotten punch 'em in the mouth and put 'em away for good!)

My special CFP picks: Bama of course but earlier in the day I see ND upsetting Clem!

Have a Happy New Year

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

Unfortunately, I'm going to be a lazy fuck this week and skip shitposting.  See you guys in the playoffs when the Vikings inevitably fuck it all up!  (Not that they deserve to be in the playoffs, even if they do somehow make it.)

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills - Dolphins

Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers - Packers

New York Jets @ New England Patriots - Patriots

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints - Saints

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants - Cowboys

Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Falcons

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans - Texans

Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos - Chargers

Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams - Rams

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings - Bears

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers - Bungles

Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks - Seahawks

Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins - Iggles

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens - Browns.  Somehow.

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans - Titans

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills > Dolphins

Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers > Packers

New York Jets @ New England Patriots > Patriots

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints > Saints

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants > Cowboys

Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers > Buccaneers

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans > Texans

Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos > Chargers

Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs > Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams > Rams

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings > Bears

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers

Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks > Seahawks

Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins > Eagles

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens > Browns 
Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans > Colts

Since I plan on sleeping in and hopefully taking good care of my little illness (at least it wasn't post Christmas 2016...), I'm going to make my picks right here and now:

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills:  Last time these two teams played one another, the Bills outright annihilated the Dolphins in Miami.  Now it's December, and they're playing in Buffalo.  I personally think that the one thing that might motivate the Dolphins to play the Bills tough enough to get back into 8-8 is simply to avoid another losing season, and to at least make Adam Gase's job security look better and better.  Do I like their chances?  Not really.  I don't like this game, but I am leaning more towards Buffalo in this one.

Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers:  Aside from a home game against a Panthers squad that, little did we know it at the time, was heading towards a steep collapse, the Lions have been absolutely miserable since trading away Golden Tate--by far their best receiver on that team.  Aaron Rodgers wants to play out the rest of the season with the hope of carrying some much-needed offensive momentum going forward.  And since it's a home game, I'm going to go with the Packers for a big win.  One of my locks this week.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots:  Maybe the Patriots are at that point where they are now officially falling apart now that all of their best players this decade are getting old as dirt.  Brady and Gronk especially have been looking well past their prime as of late.  Though until I see otherwise, I have no reason to pick against the Patriots at home, especially with a first round bye--and perhaps even home field advantage if they're lucky (or if the NFL is indeed rigged in their favor; watch out for Ref Ball).  Though not as solid a lock as the Packers (as Sam Darnold and the Jets have been playing surprisingly well on offense as of late), I am pretty confident in them still.  2 Seed at the very least.

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints:  In a vacuum, this game is a lock, for Cam Newton is officially done for the year after their playoff hopes all but disappeared a couple weeks ago.  Their backup quarterback is also lost for the year.  But the Saints no longer have anything to play for.  But there is a catch; the Saints probably want to give backup Teddy Bridgewater a shot to start a game for the first time since Blair Walsh kicked wide left on a potential game-winning gimme.  We don't really know how many starters will be playing, though from what I've gathered, Drew Brees is definitely taking the week off.  I do like Bridgewater, and I do hope for the best for him.  So I'm going to see the Saints beating the Panthers on a meaningless final game that is all the more meaningful for a once top quarterback draft pick.  Not a lock though because of these circumstances.

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants:  Yet another game where one team has literally nothing left to play for.  Though it is not a lock for the Giants because I have heard word that Ezekiel Elliot wants to beat Saquon Barkley for the Rushing Title this season--now that Todd Gurley is hurt, Kareem Hunt is on the exempt list, and Philip Lindsey is on IR.  But in the month of December, I just prefer the home team, especially if they are a cold weather team playing a dome team that will likely be resting most of their starters.  I'm going with the Giants.  Though if they do announce that they will be plugging in their starters, watch out (but since it's Jason Garret as their head coach, I have a hunch that even Zeke will be missing some snaps).

Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Yuk!  Two explosive offenses with major deficiencies and next to no defense playing a meaningless (other than pride) game against one another.  So you know what?   I'm going to throw a bone in favor of the Falcons.  Why?  Well, between my two biggest competitors--Knobbe and gojiphen malor--might as well throw one a bone and do the same to the other later on the list.  This time, I'm going with Knobbe on this one.  That and I do prefer Matt Ryan to Jameis Winston.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans:  Really, the fact that the Texans haven't been looking too hot ever since their 8-game losing streak got snapped does seem like the Texans have regressed significantly.  Now, unless the Patriots somehow lose at home to the Jets, the Texans have basically lost their shot at a first round bye.  And they may even lose their shot to potentially win their division.  Especially since the Jaguars match up well against the Texans, if only their offense can get things going.  But all things considered, I still have to give the Texans the edge, here.

Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos:  The Chargers are my next lock to win this weekend, and pretty much my only lock of the week to do so on the road.  Why?  Because Phillip Lindsey, Emmanuel Sanders, and Chris Harris Jr. are all lost for the year, and Vance Joseph is a hack of a head coach.  And before anybody calls me racist, do note that at least Anthony Lynn has led the Chargers to back-to-back winning seasons, and made them one of the best teams since starting the previous season 0-4.  And with a shot to potentially clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, of course I'll pick the Chargers to win on the road against a team that couldn't even handle a much maligned Oakland Raiders unit.  Even if they do fall to the 5 Seed anyways, they are likely going to be a much more dangerous team having to travel on the road to the Super Bowl than they would be at home following a bye (worth noting too that aside from the Rams, the Chargers have not lost a single road game all season long).

Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs:  Speaking of teams competing for homefield advantage, even though Kareem Hunt's expulsion from the team has basically sent this team on a downward trajectory, with their only win coming off of a miracle against the Ravens since then; but at least back then, their two losses and barely a win all came against really good football teams.  I'm picking the Chiefs as lock number 4.

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams:  The Rams, likewise, have been rather sluggish ever since Todd Gurley got hurt.  Though last week on the road, they were able to acquire former Bronco/Panther CJ Anderson, and they seemed to have reestablished their running attack since.  At home, and with a shot at a first round bye on the line, I definitely have to go with the Rams in this one.  Lock number 5.

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings:  There's a couple reasons why I think the Bears are going to win; first up, is the shot at a possible first round bye in case the Rams can't shake the Todd Gurley injury.  Second, to possibly eliminate the Vikings from playoff contention.  Now, if the Bears are struggling, they might remove their foot from the gas and let the Vikings win (especially if the Seahawks and Rams both win, and the Eagles end up losing anyways).  But considering just how much the Bears match up well against the Vikings, and that they would want to enter the playoffs red hot anyways, I would like to give the Bears a bit of credit.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers:  Lock number 6.  The Bungles are a complete mess ravaged with injuries across the board.  And the Steelers are desperate for some help just to make the playoffs.  As such, they still need to do their part in order to win.

Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks:  Not only is this my 7th and final Lock on the week, it's also my Survival Pick.  The Seahawks, contrary to popular belief, are not locked in to their seeding (if they lose, then the Vikings can leapfrog the Seahawks in the seeding order).  My thought process is that the Seahawks would much rather play the Cowboys in Dallas in the Wild Card round than the Bears or Rams.  On top of that, the Cardinals have nothing left to play for, and their offense is well past their prime.  Even though the Cardinals have been known to have the Seahawks' number in Seattle, that was back when Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton were their quarterbacks, and Bruce Arians was still their head coach.  They are all gone, and the pieces that still remain are in desperate need to retire at this point.  As such, definitely think the Seahawks are going to win and will in turn lock up the number 5 seed.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins:  Now for something interesting.  While the Vikings would likely match up better with the Bears than the Vikings, I just have this inkling that the Eagles will make it back to the playoffs as the 6th and final seed.  Though considering the fact that the Redskins' defense is still formidable (even with Alex Smith lost for the season, and Adrien Peterson showing his age), it isn't really a given.  So take it with a grain of salt here that a loss would automatically grant the Vikings a playoff berth by default.  But in the end, I just can't bring myself to pick against the Eagles.

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens:  Strangely enough, there's a ton of people in this group picking the Browns to win.  I suppose it has something to do with Baker Mayfield elevating the Browns, and the fact that the Browns also have a lethal defense to boot.  My initial thought was that the Ravens are going to take care of business this time and end their playoff drought.  Especially since a loss here may cost John Harbaugh his job.  But you know what?  A lot of people seem to like the Browns here.  Let's see what they're having.  Especially since it best counteracts what I said about the Falcons @ Bucs game.  Favoring gojiphen malor this time.

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans:  The big one.  Ever since starting the season a miserable 1-5, the Colts had suddenly became the most dominant team in the NFL since then, with only a hiccup in Jacksonville as their only blemish.  Does Andrew Luck's Comeback Player of the Year campaign reach its conclusion in the playoffs?  I'm going to assume so.  Going with the Colts here.

Okay, gonna put our picks in, and then I'm going to bed.  Good night, everybody!

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, Mike Gordan said:

@Mike Gordan:        BUF, GB, NE, NO, NYG, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, IND

@TecmoSuperFan:   MIA, GB, NE, NO, DAL, TB, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, IND

@gojiphen malor:     BUF, GB, NE, NO, DAL, TB, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, IND

@Knobbe:               BUF, GB, NE, NO, NYG, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, MIN, PIT, SEA, PHI, BAL, IND

@BigCat71:             BUF, GB, NE, NO, NYG, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, PIT, SEA, PHI, BAL, IND

@Miles Prower:       MIA, GB, NE, NO, DAL, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, CHI, CIN, SEA, PHI, CLE, TEN

@drummer4god:     BUF, GB, NE, NO, DAL, ATL, HOU, LAC, KC, LAR, MIN, PIT, SEA, PHI, CLE, TEN

1st:  BigCat71:  13-3 (161-95)

2nd: Mike Gordan:  12-4 (171-85)

3rd: Knobbe:  12-4 (163-93)

4th:  gojiphen malor:  12-4 (162-94)

5th:  TecmoSuperFan:  11-5 (146-110)

6th:  drummer4god:  10-6 (150-106)

7th:  Miles Prower:  10-6 (147-109)

And here's how the Playoff bracket is looking like:

AFC:

1.  Kansas City Chiefs (12-4)

2.  New England Patriots (11-5)

3.  Houston Texans (11-5)

4.  Baltimore Ravens (10-6)

5.  Los Angeles Chargers (12-4)

6.  Indianapolis Colts (10-6)

NFC:

1.  New Orleans Saints (13-3)

2.  Los Angeles Rams (13-3)

3.  Chicago Bears (12-4)

4.  Dallas Cowboys (10-6)

5.  Seattle Seahawks (10-6)

6.  Philadelphia Eagles (9-7)

See ya all soon when we enter the Playoffs!  Who will win the Super Bowl?  We are heading into the Endgame now!  Should have gone for the head!