Sign in to follow this  
DT.

Seattle, WA - 1/26/19 - PNW Honbasho I - Behind the Wooden Shed

6 hours ago, qb_browns said:

Also you have a dohyŇć-iri to perform.

And I fully expect to see on stream some salt being tossed around the joint prior to big matches.ÔĽŅ

@kamphuna8 Mr 25 MS here has some strong ideas.

As for this Honbasho you might as well call it NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING!  I'm takin the motha fu#@in strap!!!  No, not @gripsmoke's sex toy I'm taking the NW title to put on the shelf back in the 'Snatch!  Wenatchee Worlds Finest coming to end the run of @kamphuna8, @DT. and those Portland twats @ptitteri and Globally known pole smoker @~Tailback King~.  Quick shout out to my main bitch @Tick.  Make sure the lube is ready boys.  About to go R.Kelly and you trannys.  

So its looking like:

San'yaku

@kamphuna8 Kamphuna (CFT 1, CFT 3, Portland 2018 Champion)

@invader_star64 Vader (Portland 2017 Champion)

@ptitteri Peter (Seattle 2016 Champion)

@fairfensheeding Randino (CFT 2 Champion)

But Rand is a likely NO and Vader is unable to fully commit at this time... which leaves 

@gripsmoke to likely get a spot at the top for winning Manyo Mayhem more recently than me, @DT.

With @manYo720 also bowing out and @moonwalk in another realm, the next division is likely to be:

Makuuchi

@DT. Your Boy

@Tick Tick, (CFT 0 Champion, Holzbauer Slayer)

@boogiewithstu Stu, (seasoned veteran, several very solid showings)

@~Tailback King~ TBK (has done a bunch of stuff that has never been done in the history of Tecmo)

According to the metrics, @XtraLargent will come up just short of the Kuuch, unless another dude doesn't show. I also have yet to compile the metrics, so who knows.

Juryo

@XtraLargent Waggs (consistent contender, top-level chirper, might have got 5th once)

Joey B (whose regular CFT appearances likely vault him above the rest)

Dan B aka '91 Huskies (three tournaments under his belt, shoot the J)

Dan G aka Hanging Chadwick (two tournaments attended, solid showing at a Manyo Mayhem)

Makushita

Matt aka Shermy80 (two tournaments attended)

James aka Jbrooks (two tournaments attended)

Tyson aka Six-killer (one tournament attended)

Sandame

Jack aka StoneColdJackAustin (a new player from Portland!)

Some of you guys should make a profile in this piece to get the @ treatment. It's pretty neat.

Let's shout out some fools as a last ditch. @SirTed @SuperSonics @LT#56 @joelcsuh @Cervin @GoBlue84 @jessebaran @TheProfessor Where y'all been? Come battle with us the 26th. Let's reach out to all the peeps! @Polish Rifle Crossing my fingers you can somehow get involved!

10 days until battle.

15 hours ago, DT. said:

So its looking like:

San'yaku

@kamphuna8 Kamphuna (CFT 1, CFT 3, Portland 2018 Champion)

@invader_star64 Vader (Portland 2017 Champion)

@ptitteri Peter (Seattle 2016 Champion)

@fairfensheeding Randino (CFT 2 Champion)

But Rand is a likely NO and Vader is unable to fully commit at this time... which leaves 

@gripsmoke to likely get a spot at the top for winning Manyo Mayhem more recently than me, @DT.

With @manYo720 also bowing out and @moonwalk in another realm, the next division is likely to be:

Makuuchi

@DT. Your Boy

@Tick Tick, (CFT 0 Champion, Holzbauer Slayer)

@boogiewithstu Stu, (seasoned veteran, several very solid showings)

@~Tailback King~ TBK (has done a bunch of stuff that has never been done in the history of Tecmo)

According to the metrics, @XtraLargent will come up just short of the Kuuch, unless another dude doesn't show. I also have yet to compile the metrics, so who knows.

Juryo

@XtraLargent Waggs (consistent contender, top-level chirper, might have got 5th once)

Joey B (whose regular CFT appearances likely vault him above the rest)

Dan B aka '91 Huskies (three tournaments under his belt, shoot the J)

Dan G aka Hanging Chadwick (two tournaments attended, solid showing at a Manyo Mayhem)

Makushita

Matt aka Shermy80 (two tournaments attended)

James aka Jbrooks (two tournaments attended)

Tyson aka Six-killer (one tournament attended)

Sandame

Jack aka StoneColdJackAustin (a new player from Portland!)

Some of you guys should make a profile in this piece to get the @ treatment. It's pretty neat.

Let's shout out some fools as a last ditch. @SirTed @SuperSonics @LT#56 @joelcsuh @Cervin @GoBlue84 @jessebaran @TheProfessor Where y'all been? Come battle with us the 26th. Let's reach out to all the peeps! @Polish Rifle Crossing my fingers you can somehow get involved!

10 days until battle.

I fixed the CFT results you had (I won CFT 1 and 3, Rando won CFT 2. )

Also, Invader was also CFT RNG 1 Champ.¬†ūüėā

PS I love the descriptions added. Shoot the J!

I have compiled a ranking! This was very hilarious and fun to make, combing through all the records of the various PNW events. 

Formula

The most recent four events: 8 pts for winning. 4 pts for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. 2 pts for 5th-8th or loser's bracket victory.

The four events prior to that: 4 pts for winning. 2 pts for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. 1 pt for 5th-8th or loser's bracket victory.

The four events prior to that: 2 pts for winning. 1 pt for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place.

So showing up to many events is good. Recent form is reflected heavily. Top 4s going back to Pac Rim II in 2014 are factored in. Proximity to Kamp's Garage is crucial, which is why Tick suddenly finds himself in the top echelon.

Without further ado, the first PNW Tecmo Rank! Here are all competitors that have earned any pts! @qb_browns I'll be sprucing this up and providing more details for the official Hanbasho I Banzuke.

Tiebreaker is championships then appearances then most recent appearance. I have 1 championship (that many feel was the most impressive in PNW history). Tick has zero titles. CFT season zero was just that. Nothing.

1. @kamphuna8 32 

2. @DT. 19

3. @Tick 19

4. @gripsmoke 17

5. @invader_star64 17

6. @fairfensheeding 13

7. @ptitteri 13

8. @XtraLargent 12

9. @manYo720 10

10. @boogiewithstu 10

11. @~Tailback King~ 6

12. @SirTed 6

13. @moonwalk 4

14. @mort1237 4

15. Joey B 3

16. Shermy80 2

17. Neckbeard 2

18. @red98sethuthut 2

19. @The1991Huskies 1

20. @SuperSonics 1

21. BurnOne 1

-Kamp is way the hell ahead of the rest of us. Been playing some real solid Tecmo of late.

-I decided to go ahead and give a competitor that showed up to a Portland tourney once named MAD MANYO's points to Manyo. He had a completely different temperament, but that was the same guy. I'm almost certain.

-My bad Brandon for assuming Rudy would be ahead of you in the metric. It was not even close and 2 of TBK's pts were generously given as a result of a loser's bracket victory, though that whole run that day was Johnny Johnson as fuck.

-My bad Vader for texting you yesterday that you were #2

-My bad Vader for texting you a little later that I fucked it up and you were actually #4.... You are #5. 

-Yes there was a guy who decided to go as "Neckbeard", standing out like a sore thumb here without the tb.org handle. Peter's buddy from Portland. He's good. I beat him Giants over Bills with an LT FG block.

-Tick should feel good about his #3 rank, but he'll never ever do better than that.

So all of the standings SHIFT after Saturday at which point a whole new set of shit will be in place for Honbasho II (lord willing). Should be fun to keep track of!

BANZUKE!

There will be a 2 on 2 NBA JAM competition. It MAY be on the arcade cabinet, so bring enough $

It may also end up being on the SNES or GEN. The arcade is $1 per game per player. The winners stay for free. Coindexter, the next door bar, also has a fuckton of other sweet games. Also, Greenwood has several other interesting bars and eateries. I just want y'all to be prepared!

Pluses and Minuses y'all.

+Most of us have our go-to matchup calls so it was cool to see some different games in the mix.

+Regular season with conditions and injuries

+Playoff atmosphere

+The PNW Ranking. I'm excited to compile the updated standings.

+The Banzuke will be a great addition to the PNW Museum we hope to build in Kamp's garage someday.

+The Sumo Wrestling and Huskies tapes I found at Scarecrow Video

+Peter going 3 for 3 with winning the prizes, which were an NES, SNES, and GEN game, despite not owning any of those systems

+Katy and Bleachers Pub

-Did not expect there too be so many lopsided matchups in the playoffs. Jets made the damn Superbowl in one sim. WTF.

-There were some other unforeseen weird things that crept up in the playoffs. 

-Trying to explain the high concept ass format in general.

-It still went until 10 something. I really was trying to get it through by like 7 something. The next one will be structured in such a way to give us a better chance.

-Four games featuring San Francisco. San Fran 4-0 with three knockouts. Meh.

-Scarecrow switching out the 1988 Seahawks Season Review video for "Eleanor In Her Own Words"

-The assdick who played "Strokin" on the jukebox, I shit you not, 3 times in a row while I was getting worked over by Gripsmoke

Well, I have TWINS coming in April so when will the next one be? Impossible to predict! I do think there was a lot to build on with this one and a lot of lessons learned.

It's a weird feeling to win when you are the organizer, but this is my first one in six tries so fuCC y'all, I was due! Sanyaku, bitches.

Thanks everyone for contributing to a fun day, Special shout-out to @kamphuna8 who supplied about half the gear, ran the stream, and was crowned the very first Ozeki in PNW Honbasho History!

On 1/27/2019 at 7:05 AM, DT. said:

Pluses and Minuses y'all.

+Most of us have our go-to matchup calls so it was cool to see some different games in the mix. I don't really have matchup calls, but it WAS nice to see diff options. I also thought it was kinda cool that certain weeks had the same matchup called a lot. 

+Regular season with conditions and injuries   This, ALWAYS ALWAYS THIS. Fun to incorporate this in a way where we didn't just have one team to roll with. 

+Playoff atmosphere  Fantastic

+The PNW Ranking. I'm excited to compile the updated standings.  Ozeki Bitches!

+The Banzuke will be a great addition to the PNW Museum we hope to build in Kamp's garage someday. SO long as my wife doesn't ban me

+The Sumo Wrestling and Huskies tapes I found at Scarecrow Video Eleanor in her own words deserves to be here too...

+Peter going 3 for 3 with winning the prizes, which were an NES, SNES, and GEN game, despite not owning any of those systems Get that man (and his son) some SYSTEMS STAT!

+Katy and Bleachers Pub Hands down the MVP of the day. Katy was AWESOME!

-Did not expect there too be so many lopsided matchups in the playoffs. Jets made the damn Superbowl in one sim. WTF.  This. While it's not expected, it happens fairly frequently. 

-There were some other unforeseen weird things that crept up in the playoffs. Winning the coin toss ended up being taking the L pretty much. At 1 point, I about had to choose between Seahawks Bills or Packers 49ers to throw to Grip. Luckily, it was supposed to be Divisional round at that point and we played on a diff cart and I had a Bills Dolphins matchup to throw to him. 

-Trying to explain the high concept ass format in general. Still a great concept

-It still went until 10 something. I really was trying to get it through by like 7 something. The next one will be structured in such a way to give us a better chance.¬†Aim to be finished by 3pm. That's the only way we'll get done by 7¬†ūüėá

-Four games featuring San Francisco. San Fran 4-0 with three knockouts. Meh. Meh indeed

-Scarecrow switching out the 1988 Seahawks Season Review video for "Eleanor In Her Own Words" Bummer couldn't see that 88 season, but Eleanor in Her Own Words is a solid backup plan...

-The assdick who played "Strokin" on the jukebox, I shit you not, 3 times in a row while I was getting worked over by Gripsmoke This was tops on my list of pros...

Well, I have TWINS coming in April so when will the next one be? Impossible to predict! I do think there was a lot to build on with this one and a lot of lessons learned. You are entering a world of pain... and love... but mostly pain... Fantastic news again. But yeah, Stock in your Tecmo Time is gonna plummet

It's a weird feeling to win when you are the organizer, but this is my first one in six tries so fuCC y'all, I was due! Sanyaku, bitches. Sanyaku Bitches! You should have that as your Sig

Thanks everyone for contributing to a fun day, Special shout-out to @kamphuna8 who supplied about half the gear, ran the stream, and was crowned the very first Ozeki in PNW Honbasho History! My pleasure and it was a great night. Shout out to Joey B for helping me to secure that spot outside to load the Forester up for the trip back to Tacoma. 

15 hours ago, DT. said:

The Banzuke. Whatchu think @qb_browns ?

IMG_20190127_161137953.jpg

I love it (though Edmond Honda was never my main in Street Fighter). 

Have you and @kamphuna8 convened the PNW Tecmo Board to see if someone has earned a promotion to yokozuna? 

Just now, qb_browns said:

I love it (though Edmond Honda was never my main in Street Fighter). 

Have you and @kamphuna8 convened the PNW Tecmo Board to see if someone has earned a promotion to yokozuna? 

It was stated at the beginning of the Honbasho that 40 points will get you Yokozuna status, and if I won, those 8 points would get me to said Yokozuna status. Needless to say I was extremely PUMPED!. Then some things happened, but like the great Konishiki who was the reason I got into sumo back in the 80's I was able to secure Ozeki. Banzai!

I have thoughts. First off, it was great to get back to hanging and playing with the fellas. Ultimately, this is what I look forward to the most. I really enjoyed the format, up until the choices for the playoffs got real cheesedicky. Here's a recap of my day. 

Spent most of Friday ( a day off ) working on the stream setup and overlay. The sound on the stream was fine but my laptop had some kind of Sound error for output that ended up having me spend hours on it until late in the night when I quit and watched the end of day 14 of Hatsu Basho 2019, and then the incredible Women's final in the Aussie Open . In bed late. 

Wake up and already had most everything packed but still got off to a late start leaving Tacoma (my bad), but I did end up bringing some larger TVs and some systems to the party. 

Arrive and briefly catch up with the crew while unloading the Forester. Great to see 91 Huskies, JBrooks, and GRIP again, it had been since July or before since seeing any of these fools. Sad that Stu and 6Killer couldn't make it. But I was mostly busy setting up so we could get started. 

Finally get set up and parked my car and now we ready to roll after DT gave some "description" as to what was going to go down. I learn that if I won I could secure Yokozuna status. This had a YUGE impact on me. Mentally tried to get dialed in and...

Game 1 Week 11 vs PTitteri - I win toss and the best choices are TB DET, KC RAMS, CHI MIN, and ATL WAS. I choose DET TB and pete takes Barry. So I tried to get dialed in and... I get waxed. I lost like 17-3, and it should have been way worse. I threw 3 picks with Vinny and if not for getting a couple of fumbles, this would have been (well really it was) a total demolition. GG Pete. 

Game 2 Week 12 vs Invaderstar - Vader wins toss and selects DEN KC. I take DT and he's in excellent. So were the Tecmo Gods favor towards me again, this time I'm able to use their divine gifts to secure a win. Sorry about the shit luck Vader. Vader was pretty down, I think starting 0-2, but he turned this around after this game. 21-13 Chiefs, thanks to a DT blocked XP on Denvers 1st TD as well.

Game 3 Week 13 vs XtraLargent - He wins and calls DAL WAS. I take Dallas and both of his QBs are in bad. I giggle and said something funny about the status of his QBs. I had a good game. DAL 21- WAS 3. 

Game 4 Week 14 vs Gripsmoke - I win toss and while there are some solid matchups in this round, I take WAS RAMS, a matchup I really despise. Or maybe Grip called this one? I think I called it and he picked the RAMS and Everett and Green were in EXC. I got stomped. 44 -14. Played bad and Grip OWNED. GG

Game 5 Week 15 vs XtraLargent - Grip wins toss in his game vs PTitteri and calls IND NE. for once I want to win the coin toss, but XL does and he does NOT call IND NE like I request. He picks CIN MIA and I take Danny Boy. I don't remember much about this game but the final says 35 -7. I'm sure I got some cheesedick luck in here somewhere, but I was peak Donkey in my own mind at this point, playing THE SUPREME DONKEY.  GG

Game 6 Week 16 vs GRIP AGAIN - I'm really pissed that we play week 14 and 16 when we could have played IND NE like we ALWAYS do in Week 15, but the Torikumi did not support us this day. Of course I win the toss and there's not a lot of enticing matchups this week. Somehow I thought I was slick and picked SD MIA, really hoping that Grip would take SD, but little did I realize (because my own fault) that Butts was hurt. There's no way Grip takes SD with the uncertainty of Butts status for this game. He takes MIA and Butts DOES come back. A really tight game 17-10 late looks worse on the final score 26-10 after I got a key stop on an outtap (grip claims, I thought I had a drone stand up from losing a grapple on the line of scrimmage and help) on 4th and short where we met in the hole. I get a score and grip takes a safety. This was a key game (or so I thought) because we were both 3-2 coming in. GG Grip

Game 7 Week 16 vs PTitteri -  Pete wins the toss and calls KC RAI. I know I need to win this to secure a bye in the bracket, and hopefully hand Pete his first L of the day. The man was on a mission. I take KC because DT and really I won because Jay Schroeder, even in solid condition, sucks balls. Multiple wide open doinks, and I pull it out, 34-21, securing the 2 seed and a bye. 

Playoffs - I get winner of JoeyB vs JBrooks, and Joey handles his business with the young buck who was having a rough time. The kid did great man. But Joey is solid and so it goes. I win the toss and the options are less than stellar. THE best matchup of the 4 in the divisional round is CIN SEA. The other Options were RAI BUF, GB CHI, and WAS SF. I throw CIN SEA as I don't trust that I could stop the BILLS with the Raiders D, and despite a rocky start am able to hold on 17-10. 

Playoffs Rd 2 - I play grip and I'm about to lose my shit, because I won the toss and my 2 choices are SEA BUF and GB SF. After a while, I select SEA BUF before DT intervenes because we should only be in the divisional round according to his calculations. So played on a different cart THANK GOD. I have a MIA BUF option and choose it. Grip takes BUF and finds QB BILLS, and Thurmal in EXC. Reed too I think? and his LBs were on point too. I am able to get an early fumble, but Grip gets a ridonk CC to end the half tied 21 21. 2nd half I'm forced to punt and he scores and then I throw a pick to Kelso needing to score. GG  BUF 35-MIA 28. 

I'm a little perturbed at this point because winning the toss seemingly meant losing in the most crucial part of this tourney. It happens again after I wait out Joey vs Invader. Joey pulls out the W and my choices are BUF HOU or CHI NO. I would rather not give Joey a good QB, so I select CHI NO and it pays off. It almost didn't, because Joey was still pulling some magic from an excellent Tomczak to good and excellent twins Morris and Davis WRs. I hang on for a 17-14 win. 

Pete had to take off because it was so late and he had JBrooks with him and had to drive back home to PTown, so I essentially got a bye past him. 

I played the loser of DT vs GRIP, with the chance to play the winner in the finals. We agreed on playing out on the SF HOU super bowls that were left (there were 2). I won the coin toss so DT had SF. I lost 13-7 even though I got 2 key fumbles late, there was zero connection downfield when it counted for Warren Moon, so 3rd place it was. 

Great time. Look forward to another Honbasho with perhaps the higher seed getting to call whether they call matchup? Or some other fix for the final rounds. 

I ended up packing the car and giving Grip a ride to his car and friend's spot in Burien then head home to catch the final bouts of Senshuraku of Hatsu 2019. Tamawashi wins the Yusho, his first at age 34, pretty impressive, and his wife gave birth to his 2nd child on the same day. 

Then I watch the Aussie Open Men's final. I stan for Rafa, but damn he was thoroughly dominated by the Djoker, probably the most impressive I've EVER seen him, and that's saying something. 

Great to see everyone again. Didn't get to say by to @XtraLargent so that sucked. Until July I guess?  CFT! CFT! CFT! PNW TECMO RULZ!

Updated PNW Rank!

@kamphuna8 35
@DT. 24
@gripsmoke 20
@Tick 16
@XtraLargent 14
@ptitteri 13 
@manYo720 9
Joey B  7
JBrooks  2
@moonwalk  2
@mort1237  2
Shermy80  2
Neckbeard 2

What changed?

I got 8 pts for the W. Grip, Kamp, and Pete all got 4 for 2-4th finishes. Tick, Joey, Wagg, Vader, and James Brooks was here all got 2 pts for 4th-8th and Loser's Bracket winner for James.

Depreciation!

Pts earned from the Seattle Championship September of 2017 were all cut in half.

Pts earned from PNWTC 5 July of 2016 were all cut in half, 4-8th totals earned from that tournament were removed entirely.

PAC RIM II from 2014 is now a distant memory of Tecmo Times past. Sorry Vader!

-Kamp misses out on Yokozuna (40 pts, lifetime top 4 status) He would have been a 2nd-4th place finish away but he lost 1 pt on depreciation. The very best he can do is get to 39 as his 8 pts from Portland II will turn into 4 after the next tourney. Man. So close.

-Similar circumstances will prevent me from having a chance to achieve Ozeki status (30 pts, top 4 status as long as total pts do not dip below 10)

-Tick, who I had at 3rd here earlier, then taunted unnecessarily, I later found was actually 5th, so he moved up a spot... It would have been poetic for him to knock me off Saturday, but he had three chances and thrice was rebuffed. Hey Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes.

-Shout out to James for getting 2 pts and leapfrogging about six guys and countless others who never recorded a pt! Pete, get this kid an account on here! (reads end of previous bullet point) Eh, that can wait I guess...

San'yaku for next Honbasho! (order of most recent champs)
1. DT
2. Kamphuna
3. QB Fairfield
4. Ptitteri

Makuuchi
5. Gripsmoke
6. Tick
7. InvaderStar (next up for Sanyaku)
8. XtraLargent

@DT. @kamphuna8Thanks for the posts, nice afternoon reading :) Did I get any points for a 4th place finish? Looking to move up that leaderboard! I think I started the day with 13.

PKT

12 minutes ago, ptitteri said:

@DT. @kamphuna8Thanks for the posts, nice afternoon reading :) Did I get any points for a 4th place finish? Looking to move up that leaderboard! I think I started the day with 13.

PKT

+4 for winning, -4 for depreciation on your Seattle 1 win.

Harsh