DT.

PNW HONBASHO 1 - Behind the Wooden Shed

Bleachers Pub

8560 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103

10 am Saturday Jan 26th

$20 Rookie Entry Fee, $30 Veteran Entry Fee

wooden.thumb.PNG.8cee13857a9f734a00dc8f2ff72c917d.PNG

BEAST

For the latest and greatest Tecmo Tournament, we will be drawing from the ancient tradition of SUMO. This makes a lot of sense because

1) Tecmo also originated in Japan

2) When players are grappling in Tecmo, it looks a hell of a lot like Sumo wrestling

3) There are a lot of beefy competitors in our Cascadia Contingent. I'm looking at you @XtraLargent
4) @kamphuna8 is a big fan of the sport

5) It provides us with an excuse to incorporate words like Yokozuna, banzuke, and kachi-kochi

sumo.thumb.png.9ee23124fcc205eb2e991ad00e005540.png

So for the Honbasho which just means major tournament, we will first determine a pre-tournament ranking, which will be set by past results. The ranking will determine a great deal of the schedule, aka the Banzuke.

The first division is the San'yaku. It will be comprised of the four most recent Champions. The San'yaku for this tournament will be:

Kamphuna @kamphuna8 The most recent Portland and most recent CFT Season Champion

Ptitteri @ptitteriThe most recent Seattle Champion

QB Fairfield @fairfensheeding CFT 2 Champion

Vader @invader_star64 Portland 2016 Champion

If one of those guys can't make it, @gripsmokewill join their ranks for having somewhat recently won a very competitive Manyo Mayhem tourney. Next up is me @DT. for having won the previous Mayhem If Peter aka @moonwalk somehow made an appearance, he would supersede us both as Seattle 2015 title winner. After some debate, I will not be counting @Tick's season zero CFT championship, though his accolades throughout his career will ensure him presence in the second division. I'll be working out a formula to determine the ranking officially, but I am certain that @manYo720 will fill out this division, the Makuuchi.

The next division will be the Donkey Division comprised solely of @~Tailback King~ and @XtraLargent as the only competitors they could possibly be lumped in with are each other.

Just kidding, they will be in the Juryo which is the next four ranked players, I would imagine being headed up by @boogiewithstu and whoever ends up being highest ranked among the likes of whoever else puts their name in the hat.

After that is the Makushita which is an unspecified number of players comprised of any other veteran of a PNW Tecmo event, and the Sandanme will consist of every untested rookie that might get involved.

These rankings will determine the each competitors' first three or four matches, with the top ranked players facing tougher competition, after that, match-ups will be determined by record, with each player playing the same amount of matches. Once we finish a round and there are 1 or less players who have yet to record 4 losses on the day, a champion will be crowned, with playoffs to determine tiebreaks, including potentially, for the title. If you recall the Mayhem tourneys that were quintuple elimination, it will be very similar to that, with the major exception that everyone will keep playing until the end.

What I am hoping to achieve with this format is some great battles for regional Tecmo supremacy and some more stiff contests on down the ladder as players jostle for position, which will hopefully carry on to further tournaments down the road! There will once again be FUN prizes, themed rounds, and trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! I am HOPEFUL that this tournament will end significantly earlier then the average CFT tourney (7 or 8 pm) Get your name in the hat so I can work out the Banzuke asap. The venue is a classic neighborhood sports pub that I knew was the place when I saw someone had hooked up an Atari Flashback to one of the TVs. This in addition to them having a few arcade cabinets on site such as Street Fighter II. There is also an arcade/pinball oriented bar right next door called Coindexter. THE BEST PART of this place is that it is in the heart of Sea-town yet somehow has a HUGE free parking lot right there due to a closed DMV. It also has an alley for super-easy unloading of TVs and equipment.

I am designing this to be the most action-packed Tecmo Super Bowl tournament yet. Hope to see you all there for the beginning of the next chapter in Cascadia FUCKING Tecmo!

CFT.thumb.png.f1d573e6f0ecf3e6f1dd23cb88e57d37.png

Cascadia Tournament Historical Links:

Ickey Shuffle 1 - CFT - The Shuffle Draft: The Silence of the Lambs 11/19/19 1st gripsmoke, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd Manyo

CFT Season 4 - Sammamish Smashmouth Tecmo at the Eagles Nest 7/29/19 - 1st PeteT, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd and 4th gripsmoke and Tick

PNW Honbasho 1 Behind the Woodshed 1/26/19 1st DT, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd kamphuna8, 4th PTitteri

CFT RNG 1  Sammamish Smshmth   12.30/18   1st Invader, 2nd kamphuna, 3rd and 4th DT and Stu (lost in Conf Championships)

CFT Season 3 GrgeDys Revsted 11/10/18  1st kamphuna8, 2nd Stu, 3rd and 4th Tick and Randy (lost in Conf Championships)

CFT Season 2 Grit City Tecmo   7/28/18  1st Randy, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd and 4th DT and Stu (lost in Conf championships)

Portland Tecmo 2 JJ's Birden   1/27/18   1st kamphuna8, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd Tick, 4th DT (Greats rom side tourney 1st Gripsmoke, 2nd kamphuna8

Seattle  Pimpin' Ain't Easley       9/3/17      1st Ptitteri, 2nd Mort, 3rd DT, 4th Invaderstar (Consolation Champ  Tailback King)

CFT Season 1  Tacoma              7/8/17      1st kamphuna8, 2nd DT, 3rd XtraLargent, 4th Invaderstar

CFT Season 0 Centralia             3/11/17    1st Tick, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd DT, 4th Manyo

3Portland 1  JJ in the Beaver     1/28/17     1st Invaderstar, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd Manyo  (Consolation Champ 1991Huskies #shoottheJ)

Pac Rim 3  Seattle                     9/4/16        1st Moonwalk, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd jim jensen, 4th DT (Bottom Bracket Winner Boogiewithstu  over gripsmoke)

PNWTC 5   Centralia                 7/2/16         1st gripsmoke, 2nd SirTed, 3rd Tick, 4th Manyo

Mayhem 5  Centralia "Dick"     8/29/15       1st kamphuna8, 2nd Invaderstar, 3rd gripsmoke, 4th Manyo

PNWTC 4    Centralia               7/11/15          1st DT, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd SirTed, 4th kamphuna8

Mayhem 4  Centralia "play 2"   1/2/15         1st kamphuna8, 2nd manyo, 3rd grip ( Night mayhem 1st kamp, 2nd manyo, 3rd TailbackKing)

PNWTC 3  Centralia                    6/21/14       1st gripsmoke, 2nd Invaderstar, 3rd Sir Ted, 4th Randy F Mr. GiGGles

PAC RIM II  Seattle                      4/12/14       1st Invaderstar, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd Sir Ted, 4th Stanley?

Mayhem 3  Tacoma Trailer Tecmo  4/4/14  1st kamphuna8   Mini Tourney Winner Invaderstar

Mayhem 2  Centralia                   3/1/14          1st kamphuna8, 2nd Sir Ted, 3rd Manyo, BoogieWithStu

Mayhem 1 Centralia ACTUAL    2/15/14        Manyo over kamphuna8

Mayhem 1  Centralia                  8/17/13         Didnt happen... 

PNWTC 2    Centralia                  6/30/13         1st kamphuna8, 2nd Randy Foulfield, 3rd Sir Ted, 4th BoogieWithStu

PAC RIM I  Seattle                       4/7/13           1st Randy, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd tie Sir Ted and Tyler J

PNWTC 1   Olympia                     6/23/12         1st Randy, 2nd GoNickMontana5, 3rd Manyo, 4th BoogieWithStu  RESULTS

Rumblings by CochiseBlue(Luigi)  and MadManyo and GoManyo360

Edmonds at Another Castle        5/20/11          1st Manyo, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd Boogie with Stu RECAP

RodWoodson aka TecmoGodfather aka PNW Live Tourney Godfather

On 12/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, kamphuna8 said:

There is also a Sumo game on the NES (Famicom really) but guess what, it's made my Tecmo! Pretty fun too!

Couple more on the N64 but the NES version is more pick up and play.

250px-Tsuppari_Oozumou_FC_box.jpg

Remember to make sure your opponent dosent land on you if you toss them in the air

HONBASHO FORMAT:

Before the tournament begins, six cartridges of Tecmo Super Bowl will be placed in six Nintendo Entertainment Systems and shall each have seasons auto-skipped through week 7. Weeks 8-10 will be then be simulated game by game and injuries will be tracked.

The tournament will begin with the 6 matchups featuring the top 12 players, one on each station. The LOWER ranked player (lower as in 12 not 11) is the CHALLENGER. They pick a matchup from the week 11 slate and the HIGHER ranked player can select a team or player 1. Records will be kept. After the game, the remainder of Week 11 will be simulated with injuries being tracked.

The 2nd slate of games will then be Week 12 of each season on each station. The player vs player matchups will be determined by a) least games played b) least losses c) highest pre-tournament rank. This will also dictate the stations. The LOWER ranked player will continue to call matchups.

This process will continue with Week 13 and on to Week 17, at which point everyone will have played 6 or 7 games.

The top 12 remaining players advance to a double elimination playoff that will play out on each cart's actual playoffs. It continues along with one game on each station for Wildcard round, Divisional, then Conf. Chamipionship. It ends up the last four games are all SUPERB OWLS. Those willing to watch it all have a chance to witness FOUR Mighty Bomb Jack Halftime Shows. This should be even more of a hum-along then the previous tourneys I've set up. I can say with certainty that if we start at the scheduled time of 11, we will be done by 7 pm at the latest.

There will be no surprise injuries as they will be tracked. It would be shame if someone threw out a Randall-less Eagles vs say, a healthy NYG. Viewing conditions BEFORE selecting a matchup will be forbidden! If you just so end up on the same cart where you just played the previous week, feel free to use that knowledge to select your matchup/teams. 

I am hopeful that the format will provide a little something different, sprinkle in a little CFT season flavor, sex things up with some playoff atmosphere, but all the while keep things OG as Sir Mix-A-Lot, so bring that Hooptie up to Greenwood and take part in the historic first Tecmo HONBASHO. It's gonna be even BETTER then what has come before!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I will be adding some fun shit to the proceedings regarding prizes! The winner, 2nd place, and 3rd place will get their usual cash prizes and TROPHIES, but there will also be a nice $ prize to whoever comes away with the best win-loss record on the day (in case someone rocks major butthole early on then gets a couple tough Ls in the playoffs). This will be referred to as the Kachi-Koshi which in Sumo simply means more wins than losses.

Also! There will be small prizes after each week with the Tecmo Gods deciding after the fact what statistic, and if we are looking for the highest or the lowest in each. For instance maybe it will be MOST PASSING YARDS and the winner may receive a pair of Isotoners autographed by Dan Marino or maybe it will MOST INTERCEPTIONS and the winner will receive a dental dam once used by B.J. Tolliver.

It will not likely be either of those things, but trust that the prizes will be neat.

On 12/26/2018 at 2:14 PM, DT. said:

After some debate, I will not be counting @Tick's season zero CFT championship, though his accolades throughout his career will ensure him presence in the second division.

I don't remember being involved in this debate. I will be playing under protest

12 hours ago, Tick said:

I don't remember being involved in this debate. I will be playing under protest

If I start giving fools mad props for farting around for a couple hours, stealing a couple games in a row, and walking away with a little cash, the CFT community just wouldn't stand for it.

The Honbasho Council might have felt differently if @XtraLargent had fielded a competitive team.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, DT. said:

If I start giving fools mad props for farting around for a couple hours, stealing a couple games in a row, and walking away with a little cash, the CFT community just wouldn't stand for it. 

The Honbasho Council might have felt differently if @XtraLargent had fielded a competitive team.

Didn't Kamp just win the last CFT at Stu's place after going 1-5?

1 hour ago, Tick said:

1. That was also not recognized as an official CFT Season.

2. That was Joey's place

3. It was some buuuuullshit

4. You better bring more game to Seattle than you are bringing to this mess board

7 hours ago, Tick said:

I actually lost to @invader_star64 in the Super Bowl after we BOTH went 1-5 in the regular season. I'm not sandbagging, you're sandbagging! I'm not @fairfensheeding , you are! 

I DID win CFT 3 in November though.... I think?

11 minutes ago, ptitteri said:

+ptitteri (Pete) 100%

+Jbrooks (James) 75%

+StoneColdJackAustin (Jack) 90%

+Shermy80 (Matt) 50%

Da Crew. To all would be attendees who do not have their "A" game sharpened, you better PRAY for that 25% chance JBrooks doesn't show, cause his 12 year old ass WILL expose you, shake your hand, say "good game", then go on with his day like nothing happened. Cold. As. Ice. Good luck telling your homies about that L... Probably why we have yet to hear from @~Tailback King~...

Edited by DT.